/!!/ Pepper and Hot Sauce General

How hot is your hot, Veeky Forums?

I'm currently babby-tier, working my way up to haboneros, not yet even thinking about superhots.

Serranos taste like Jalapenos at the moment so I'm getting used to them. I'm tempted to just go buy a habonero and jump in face-first.

ghost pepper tier

>I'm tempted to just go buy a habonero and jump in face-first.
...just fucking do it, user. Though I would suggest a pepper between serrano and habonero range first, like maybe thai peppers.

Current favorite is 83% scotch bonnets

Where the fuck do you even get good peppers? All I find in my local stores are anaheim, jalapenos, serranos and haboneros. None of the in-between shit.

Find an international or foreign market in your city. Most have one. Ours stocks about 5-6 different hot peppers at any given time. Some dude on reddit found Carolina Reapers at Wegmans.

I just got into fermenting my own hot sauces. shit's spicy as fuck, but the heat dissipates after like 10 seconds. anyone know how I can make the heat last longer?

>r*ddit
You have to go back

I love spicy stuff, but anytime I get to anything habeƱero level spicy, I always get the hiccups. Like, every single time. No idea why.

When I'm feeling really brave I go for the cracked black pepper.

I was going to make my own thread but I guess I'll try here first.
My dad gave me 4 fairly large Carolina Reaper plants around April that he had started about the first of the year. These things grew into 5 foot monsters, each yielding hundreds of peppers. I have about 300 frozen, 4 quarts of flakes I dried in my dehydrater, and another 200 sitting in a basket that I had to pick before the first freeze last week.
What can I do with these fuckers? I've already made hot sauce with em. I'm at a loss of what to do with it all.

>le leddit maymay

Nah I don't. Been here longer than there, probably longer than you. Get fukt.

>General

I hate their insurance.

Sell em on eBay... Or pull pranks on unsuspecting fags.

My current favourite hot sauce is 800,000 scoviles (pic related).
1 drop = satisfying.
2 drops = getting pretty silly.
3 drops = insanity.

I'm not one of those "BRO HOT SAUCE" dudes, I've been a massive fan of hot food since I was a kid and it honestly just doesn't affect me so much anymore so if I want something spicy I have to go all out.
For me, a vindaloo is just about hot enough.

I like the fire-roasted jalapenos you get when you order fajitas. Whole jalapenos like that give pickled jalapenos a run for their money. Speaking of which, I also like pretty much any pickled pepper especially pepperoncini. As for hot sauce, my three are Crystal, Tapatio, and Tabasco (fight me; it goes good with eggs).

>habonero
How about learning to spell properly first, faggots?

Learn the differnces in the various capsaicinoids, and which peppers contain what.
Go from there.
>C.Chinense then to give off a warmer heat in the throat, instead of just burning on your lips and tip of your tongue.

3 words:
Chile infused vodka.

But remove the seeds and placenta, these parts tend to go bitter.

Only recently got into hot sauces, been eating El Yucateco's red sauce for about a month now. I ordered a 3 pack of pic related, really looking forward to trying it.

it's really good user, about as spicy as El Yucateco red but much better flavor.

accidentally discovered that it's great on goat cheese and toast.

Been enjoying Valentina (black)
I can't try that many new sauces because I don't want to be that guy with a hundred almost-full bottles in his fridge