Chips, mushy peas and gravy

>chips, mushy peas and gravy
Do bongs really eat this?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/eb3657e9-28e6-4157-a6fb-9af1e74fcfb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

calling fries chips

i never did the gravy or curry sauce thing but yeah i fucking love chips and mushy peas with vinegar. also personally like a lot of pepper

lose the mushy peas and add some cheese curds...you have yourself a nice snack

>a whole deep-fried pizza and chips

Do bongs really eat this?

them fries look soggy as fuck

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY FUCKING FOOD CART FOOD COME IN A CONTAINER THAT'S TOO SMALL AND OVERFLOWING

Fish and chips is probably the thing they are most known for and they are still terrible at making fries. It's pretty weird. Heston put tripple cooked chips on the menu in his 3 star restaurant and it blew peoples minds because they had never had crisp potatoes before.

>deep-fried pizza
What the fuck

No self respecting brit will mix mushies and gravy. Either or mate.

only can find this north of the English border

>self respecting
>brit

I would never put gravy on mushy peas myself, but yes, we enjoy all three of these foods.

People like stuff. What a concept.

I enjoy fish, chips and gravy.
What a world!

t. pansy southerner

real ard lads smash it all in one carton

It's funny how I never had crispy fries in takeaways in Britain before.

Is this a fucking thing? Do you just expect your fries to be soggy tasteless trash?
What the fuck brit'n'

What's the best fry topping, and why is it Poutine?

Fries they have aren't crispy in the first place no matter how much they fry them, then they wrap them in paper and hand it to you which makes them mushy.

They bake em
At least I think they do, they definitely don't taste fried.

Ha, no.

All you have to do is dehydrate the fries before you cook them and remove some of the starch.
Fuck sake you don't bake french fries you scumbags! I'm triggered!

inb4 404 British """""""""""food"""""""""""" threads are not allowed on Veeky Forums because the slop doesn't pass as food

Fish, chips, mushies
Pie, chips, gravy
Northeners are too thick even to feed themselves porperly.

do British people really eat pic related? Why? Your teeth would be better if you used tooth paste as intended.....

>slop doesn't pass as food

Agreed. Time to bad Americans, too.

LOL DO AMERIFATS REALLY EAT CUMMY BISCUITS FOR BREKKY?

U KNOW, WE HAVE THIS DISH CALLED FAGGOTS, THEY'D BE PERFECT FOR YOU SPOTTED DICK LOVERS HAHA.

I'm a Euro so this doesn't affect me...

Daily reminder best restaurant in the world is in the UK.

suck it fags

Inb4 my sweet potaty with marshmallow and sugar.

right and the British invented Lasagna

They do, and it’s all disgusting. The only edible foods here with actual tastes to them are candies. Something is done to British food, or rather something isn’t done to British food, that makes everything taste like nothing. It’s hysterical how hard they slap “100% BRITISH ‘X’” on every food item, or item in general like it’s a selling point, when it’s pretty an indicator of piss poor quality, food or otherwise.

t. Bong who lived in America for almost 8 years

>and they serve food that is specifically not british.
Theyre the 'greatest restaurants' because theyre popular. They're popular because the countries food sucks so much dick they are clamoring over themselves to eat from other cultures.

B U T T Y
U
T
T
Y

my bong eats weed smoke then regurgitates it into my lungs

Someone puked on the fries

That looks fucking delicious

Chip shop chips are not baked, that is retarded.

That looks good to be honest. Probably decently healthy too.

It's a preference. I like my chips to be soft, with only a slight crunch to them.

I don't like the ultra dry America chips.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Shit's awesome.

America is the only country on the planet that calls them fries.
Everyone else is right, you're wrong.

Mmm, I love guacamole.

>takes a bite
>drops fork

What kind of monster are you.

healthy

Never eaten that combo together (I'm not British), but mushy peas are actually really good.

No they are not, there are probably fewer countries that call them chips.

I fucking hate americans.

Yanks will never know 14 pints then a pie barm or chip barn

>making fun of gravy which shows up in nearly every culture and looks a million times better than the typical eurofag brown packet gravy

100% mad

soft chips are best

Who cares, they're fries.

Chips and fries are clearly different. this is dumb

>whismy flimsy mark and scribblers

Honestly most British food looks it would be great while drunk. I mean that as a compliment.

I would love to drink some pints of a good English ale and then eat that.

>America is the only country on the planet that calls them fries.

Yeah, we're also the only country that put a man on the moon and prevented you from having to sing "Deutschland Uber Allies" every damn day. We'll call them what we want.

if mushy peas are anything like pea soup (and they seem to be pretty much pea soup) then I'm all for it

I would probably rather just have mashed potatoes though if they're going to dump gravy all over it since that defeats the point of frying.

I find simple foods like this greatly appealing.

In the U.S., you could make about four portions of this size for less than $2.

USfag here, I would honestly devour that. Especially after a few beers.

I literally cooked and ate that today for lunch since I was grinding meat for sausage yesterday and did a smidgeon of breakfast sage for a luncheon, or as britbongs might say, "elevensies with the tay pot fullsies and Mrs. Dreidhusk from across the green joining to talk about the scandal of that young miss in flat 1B and her nightly shenanigans with a navy to take all proper decency out it."

a e s t h e t i c

looks good aside from the mashed pea bullshit

the belgians, who invented french fries call them pomme frites which translates to apple fries.

so the analogue exists, son

Pomme frites means potato fries, its a contraction of pomme d'terre frites

From pomme (“apple”) + de (“from”) + terre (“earth”). Literally meaning "an apple from the earth" or an "earth apple".

Try on a pie floater, meat pie in thick pea soup.

Any /piebarmcake/ lads here?

Lovely jubbly m8

Also curry > gravy

There is a grammar mistake in your post, but I will not point it out as that would be rude.

Ameritards didn't do so great in war without the Brits.

His triple cooked chips are fluffy in the middle. So you're talking shit.

Fries and chips are different. Fries are thin bits of potato shrapnel that taste like salt, and chips are big, thick and fluffy in the middle.

objectively not

>Deutschland Uber Allies was the national anthem of nazi Germany
Retard.
Your spelling sucks as well.
Double retard.

Stop false flagging you fat yank cunt.

This is why we make fun of you Americans. People like this.

Ate a gourmet pie floater at a festival a while back, topped with onion jam and bone marrow. Made me feel all patriotic.

get beheaded

how does that have anything to do with his post?

British food is a abomination
It’s worse than slavery, 9/11, and WW2 combined

That implies 9/11 was a bad thing.

British food is for comfort. There's no pretension about it, we literally just put a bunch of ingredients on a plate. Yanks will NEVER understand the feeling of getting in from playing with your mates and your mum has set out a banging Sunday roast.

>Implying we don't have pot roast, chilli, stews, the chicken/turkey dinner with fixins, biscuits and gravy, etc.
Tbh the southeast does everything England does but better plus BBQ. And we have authentic chilli in the u.s. which is the god tier cold weather food.

>yanks will never know the feeling of sitting in your front room with a pint of warm beer and a pie/pasty. The fire's crackling gently and the dog's asleep, snoring a bit in front of it. The cat was on your lap but fucked off to go play on the stairs. It's raining outside, but that's ok. It makes a comforting sound on the window, and at least you won't need to go to the allotment for a few days to water it - allowing you to focus on reading your copy of Famous Irish Famines. Better yet, it's a saturday and about 2pm. Footy's on in an hour.

also gravy on mushy peas can fuck off.

What are they lads? Scraps? Bits? Dubs?

>America is the only country that calls them fries
Lol not true stupid bong, also big words for the country that didn't even invent them

HI PEEPOH

scraps up north

squeezings in Kernow

Most of british culture was invented whlie drunk and is meant to be conducted while drunk so that makes sense.

fucking anglos

New England > England FACT

I live in a rural Scottish town and almost every day during my early years at high school, I would buy a 'half-pizza with chips' for lunch. Yes, we do really eat this but it's a kids thing. I don't know any adults that eat this shit regularly.

The batter in fish and chips is providing the crispy, greasy part. The chips are there to provide a filling, acidic counterpart.

How could that possibly be bad?

Shit looks scrumptious.

The sad thing is British cuisine was on par with France at the turn of the last century. The 2 World Wars and social egalitarianism happened.

>British cuisine was on par with France
Half that menu is in French, that's not British cuisine, that's French cuisine.

That looks tasty but hard to eat. I'm a sucker of split pea soup.

That's just French cuisine. At the turn of the century "fine dining" was synonymous with French. That's why half the terms of art are still in French today.

from scotland, called a pizza crunch

bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/eb3657e9-28e6-4157-a6fb-9af1e74fcfb8

yeah they eat weird shit in some parts

Sides gone

>the only time bong fries look decent is when pajeet makes it
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP