There is literally no one in my fucking life besides Veeky Forums that I can discuss books with and I can't even really...

>there is literally no one in my fucking life besides Veeky Forums that I can discuss books with and I can't even really do that with Veeky Forums

what book do you want to talk about?

Usually anything I've read recently or whatever topic I happen to set my mind on for whatever arbitrary reason pops into question, but with my peers it's usually shit like "oh man you seen the new spider-man trailer? How fucking awesome does it look?" "Yeah dude hella-fucking-epic can't wait to see the new mummy movie bro!" "oh yeah man gonna go home and play me som crash bandicoot today after I watch Baywatch©"

What have you been reading lately, user? We're happy to listen.

Me and my buddy trade books sometimes. I think he has a couple of my paperbacks. Or he'll leave one at my house.

Start a blog and post, every couple of days, about whatever book you've finished. Even if no one reads it, at least you've got it down in writing, if only for yourself.

Also, what's wrong with Crash Bandicoot?

Trying to finish my backlog on the beatnik works atm, just starting ginsberg

The only thing that comes close to a friend reading is his affinity for popular modern fantasy and shit like that; just really basic contemporary fantasies

Me neither. So what? It's been like this all my life. Now I'm glad at least there's this place.
I've started last night A Month in the Country by J. L. Carr. I read in bed, looking at the dark orange sky and listening to the rain against my new metal sheet window sill--I hadn't imagined the kind of noise that thing it makes in the rain, yet it's a pleasant drumming after a while. It's so seldom to get rain for one whole day and its night here, in the summer. Anyway, so I picked on a whim A Month in the Country and I started reading. It begins on a rainy English day on a small northern town then it describes a church and its graveyard then I fell asleep and I slept for almost eight hours, which is a rare occurrence for me. I've read a grand total of four pages and it was the comfiest thing I've read in months. I can't wait to pick it up again.
You're wondering what this blog post has to do with literature? Well, this is the power of reading (and rain after a scorching week).

Are you still in school or something?

University

Yes adults talk about culturally popular things I know

>mfw reading obscure Serbian poetry
>mfw can't discuss it with Veeky Forums
>mfw not even with literature professors

The girl I'm dating right now recommended me "youth without god" by von Horvath and some books by Erich Fromm. She's far more capable artistically that I am I think.

You can discuss literature with me, user.

:3

Is it good? Which poet?

Djordje Markovic Koder
I find him interesting but wouldn't call it good.

>balkan anything
>good

>triggering w*ites by just existing
pottery

>Erich Fromm

Aww that's cute. You should recommend her some love stories by Cechov to wreck her tender soul.

>but wouldn't call it good.
e jebiga onda

inače, jel bi mi mogao preporučiti kanonske cpcke pisce? Glupo mi je da su nam jezici toliko bliski a da ništa ne čitam iz jednog od njih.

Jovan Ducic
Vladislav Petkovic Dis
Vojislav Ilic
Borisav Stankovic
Branko Miljkovic
Miodrag Pavlovic
Laza Lazarevic
Laza Kostic
Milos Crnjanski
Petar Kocic
Jovan Sterija Popovic
itd.
reko bih i Ivo Andric i Mesa Selimovic
moderna, realizam, romantizam i poslijeratna knjizevnost
od ranije su hagiografije i sl. al nisam pretjerano ucen po pitanju iceg prije romantizma

>Cechov
>Кeчoв
Who's that guy?

Lepo, lepo. Hvala na popisu. Jel bi preporučio Gorski vijenac, njega baš volite isticati čini mi se.

>od ranije su hagiografije i sl.
A zar nisu od ranije Gundulić i Držić? :^)

Do you read it in serbian? Could you share some great serbian obscure poets here? I'm ask about it beacause i try to learn serbian.

Its horrible isn't

Very thank you!

I know this feel. Felt like I couldn't talk about anything I was doing at the time because it wasn't related to a marvel movie.

I've had people to discuss books with and the great lesson is that discussing books isn't really fun. It's fundamentally a solitary activity. The only upside is they understand the references and you can share books you've discovered.

Da normalno, samo sam zaboravio. Uputstva za genocid uvijek nama trebaju :^)

Laugh all you eant about the Patrician meme but outside of Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums users it is hard to find people that read anything other than school classics or Harry Potter. At least here you can talk about the meme trilogy, Tolstoievski, Bloom/Gaddis/Bolaño/etc...
For better or worse here is where you if you want to step into the literary world with other people.
I have a friend who is really into philisophy but, as far as I know hes only read philosophy with the simpsons, a popurri of assorted shortexplained philosophers and maybe some Big N.
I lended him Brave New World a few months ago. He still has to read it.

goddamn
this place is the last true sincere bastion of literature
even academia is compromised by the feminazi tranny terror squad
except classical studies -- you CAN'T politicize latin and old greek

I have a friend who just randomly brings up facts about marvel characters as argumentative points in conversations, unironically using them to bolster his argument

We were having a discussion on the richest politicians once and he brings up something about black panther being the richest person on earth in marvel and if he ran america instead of trump how he could make it better or some shit, with the glaringly obvious fact that black panther in fact, does not actually exist and could NOT run america, nor has any assets to his name (for lack of being existent), going completely over his head

Seconding this, been doing it two years now and I enjoy the challenge of having to articulate a properly-formed opinion for every book. It pushes me to actually engage with texts more, and now it doesn't matter so much when I inevitably forget a lot about a book - I have a record of my thoughts in writing.