Hey user, my new boyfriend is coming for Thanksgiving, he's vegan btw

>hey user, my new boyfriend is coming for Thanksgiving, he's vegan btw

tell me more, my friend

Don't see the issue. He can have just the side dishes.

How do people bring boyfriends and girlfriends to thanksgiving? Don't they have to eat with their own families

>vegan
>thanksgiving sidedishes

Vegetarians can, not vegans

Are vegans allowed to swallow semen? Like it's part of a living creature just like eggs and milk.

I'm not American but don't you serve mashed potatoes and vegetables?

Good for him

My girlfriend was a muslim but grew out of it and her family doesn't talk to her

Well tell him to bring a dish to pass and unless he likes $10 gin its also BYOB. Dont know how much he will be able to eat but he is welcome at our table.

its no thing. he can sit at the kid's table with the other emotionally immature, uneducated, and impolite trolls, and you can serve him a bowl of unsweetened shredded wheat with almond milk, and raisins. the kids will love his silly stories about meat being murder, and will probably ask him if he is going to hell if he accidentally swallows a bug.

With butter. Vegans can't have butter.

Then he can eat the salad.

W-why don't you drop that soyboy and get with a real man, like me?

You can use other fat. Butter is just the tastiest.

sounds like you need a new boyfriend

its voluntary. and concsious. so, swallowing the semen of a 12 year old boy would be wrong, unless you were under 13. just like swallowing the semen of a person in a permanent coma, or in a state mental hospital. but im sure you've tried that, so you know.

>His wife's boyfriend is a vegan

It's my sister's boyfriend

>not every family has Thanksgiving on the same day
>not every family celebrates it
>not everyone goes home for Thanksgiving

Some people also do two Thanksgivings as some families weirdly eat super early in the day so they can have a meal from 3pm to 5pm at one house, then 6pm to 8pm at the other.

You have some nice muslims user
here her brothers would fucking cut her to pieces

Very nice. They even let her live in the same house. She treats them badly though :(

Let him starve. Easiest recipe my grandmother taught me.

Sure it is.

By participating in thanksgiving he is already celebrating the slaughter of millions of native americans. So a few dead turkeys shouldn’t bother him

You're right, I find it hard to call someone so effeminate and liberal a "boy"

>brother's gf is lacto-ovo vegetarian
Why do they still exist after 1989?

Then I hope he can make an exception

Isn't that just called "vegetarian"

Make a couple of dishes for him to eat. You cannot be expected to change the whole damn meal this last minute.

.... Just tell them to bring their own dish? How is this hard.

Or cook some lentils and unbleached rice and avocado; with salt roasted kale that's crispy and delicate.

>getting cucked by a vegan

Just tell her that you don't respect vegans and you won't accommodate him. Honesty is the best policy.
If she gets pissed off that's her problem, not yours.

At least you don't have to worry about her getting pregnant

my wife’s son insists on a deep dish pizza for thanksgiving

"He's welcome to come, but he'll be awfully hungry."

>my wife’s son

When you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, you have a subconscious need to show them off and a very conscious need for a buffer. Bringing an extra person steers conversation away from your own life and puts the burden on your guest. Also long term relationships include the boring married people in each persons family's. They almost always want a new person there to keep the crazy at a self aware level.

that's nice but it's still a potluck, y'all can bring something vegan if you want but I'm not telling people what to bring or not bring. don't like it? you're welcome to go to your boyfriends family for thanksgiving

Warms my cold heart

Well, as a guest with special dietary needs he can bring a vegan dish. You could be a trooper and make a vegan dish instead, to be a gracious host for your family. He will have plenty to eat, not everything at thanksgiving has meat in it. OR he can grab something with beans and sadness on the way to the dinner. Don't make your mom deal with your poor life choices. She has enough to worry about. There is an etiquette here that people tend to ignore. Manners need to come back into fashion.

yeah but he's vegan
no meat, no dairy, and not other animal products
so that green been casserole that uses canned soup is probably out, stuffing is out, most pies are out,, all prep surfaces and cooking utensils, pans etc... must be thoroughly cleaned to insure there's not animal contamination etc.. veganism is a complex restrictive diet based on emotion. I'm not going to accommodate that for someone I've never even met. it's my home not a restaurant

Okay. Make some simple vegan dish he can have as a meal, and ask him to bring along something he can eat as a side/share with the others. You're being polite to your sister and her guest without a huge disruption, and he is being polite by not just rolling up with a restrictive diet and expecting a bunch of food made especially for him.

After he and your sister leave, you and the rest of your family can have a few drinks and laugh about what a fucking dork he is, and how he probably takes it up the rear from your sister instead of the other way around.

>all prep surfaces and cooking utensils, pans etc... must be thoroughly cleaned to insure there's not animal contamination etc..
Are vegans really this anal? Meat isn't poisonous to them, it can't contaminate anything. I understand not wanting to deliberately consume animal products, but what difference does it make if they were prepped with the same utensils? It's like a religious restriction but without the religious justification.

>are vegans that anal
when they come into the restaurant I wok at, yes. basically you have to treat it like a food allergy when making anything for them

the only adult in this thread

is he gluten-free as well?

>Dairy in the potatoes
>Stock and/or meat in the stuffing
>Dripping gravy
>Rolls made with milk and eggs
>Pretty much all vegetables buttered to some degree
>Turkey
>Dairy and eggs in the desserts

Vegan food options at a typical holiday dinner are basically cranberry sauce and maybe salad.