How do I into Derrida?

How do I into Derrida?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LvAwoUvXNzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I into the methodology?

How I started was by reading Lacan's seminar on The Purloined Letter and then Derrida's commentary on that seminar.

Marx, Nietzsche, Freud, Saussure, Heidegger, Lacan

Deconstruction is not a method and cannot be turned into one.

youtube.com/watch?v=LvAwoUvXNzU

He's great, I wish there were lectures on Lacan and Deleuze by him as well.

he's fat and ugly and a liberal shit

this

sounds like he's, dare I say it, /ourguy/.

Jonathan Culler's "Structuralist Poetics: Structuralism, Linguistics, and the Study of Literature," and "On Deconstruction" will give you a good starting point.

>liberal

start with structure sign and play, then read voice and phenomena

drugs

and Wittgenstein (PI)

well, read (at least some) heidegger and definitely husserl, some levi-strauss and saussure, then read structure sign and play, white mythology, and the introduction to of grammatology (seriously, spivak explains most of it in the intro)

it's too bad spivak doesn't know what she's talking about and is a shitty translator.

Derrida apparently wasn't familiar with Wittgenstein. Reading Wittgenstein may muddy the waters a bit in comparison to reading just what 'influenced' Derrida, or rather what he responded to.

If you get into him, you're not getting into him at all.

Pic related.

I'm starting Of Grammatology and it opens with a quote from a text abbreviated as "EP". I've been searching the pdf for an explanation of what EP stands for and it doesn't appear to be in the version I have and I can't find the source anywhere.

Or is this some dumb Derrida joke and there really is no "(EP, p. 87)" and he's just fucking with me?

I might be losing my mind. Please help.

It refers to L'Écriture et la psychologie des peuples

Thank you!