Hot Cocoa

Winter is upon us, time for cozy evenings shitposting with a mug of hot cocoa at you side. What are you favorite brands / homemade recipies?

Other urls found in this thread:

texanerin.com/eierlikoer-german-egg-liqueur/
creativewhip.com/isi-rapid-infusion-performance-under-pressure/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cocoa is for plebbits
egg nog is for the white man

i disagree, so you are wrong. also you are bad.

my favorite homemade recipe is a secret, handed down through the generations

A little codeine in my cocoa always makes for a comfy drink

Aztec style, stir good cocoa powder together with a little honey, then add boiling water and whisk until it's frothy. Optionally add chili powder, cinnamon, or vanilla.

Ibarra is the best brand.

Why not both? Nog is fucking great for getting shitfaced during the holidays though. Mix your sugar, eggs, and booze in whatever capacity the recipe calls for on the 1st and let that shit sit in the fridge in mason jars or some other kind of sealed glass or metal container. It will sterilize your eggs so you don't come down with salmonellosis. When you finally serve it, mix in your spices and dairy fresh and that shit's totally safe to drink, without tasting boozy as fuck. It's damn delicious.

Should probably add for the anons without brains out there: this only works for spiked nog. Virgin stuff can't be aged and is best fresh.

Peppermint Patty
>8oz hot cocoa
>1oz dark creme de cacao
>1oz peppermint schnapps
>1/4oz creme de menthe
>stir well and enjoy garnished with whipped cream
>shitposting optional

mm MMM! I love hot cocoa. Here's how I make my ready-to-go-mix:

I don't have measurements,
3 parts 100% cocoa powder
2 parts powdered sugar
1 part evaporated milk
several dashes each of: nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves

Add hot water or milk
Add peppermint schnapps if you wish.

Stay cozy, anons!

Gonna try this over my usual table chocolate. Thanks user.

I like my Cocoa extra hot.

That sounds delightful.

sounds like a cup of heart attack

I love having 5 times as many solids as liquids in my cocoa

my recipe:
1 tbsp of cocoa
1 cup of almond milk
1 tsp of mint extract
1/2 tsp of vanilla
brown sugar to taste
whisk over low heat until it simmers for 2 minutes

Is this the wrong time to bring up the Hot Toddy?

Or the Buttered Rum.

Is that hot cocoa or fat with calories?

>I love having 5 times as many solids as liquids in my cocoa
You missed the part where he said "add hot water or milk"

I came here to post that, but I like a bit more creme de menthe in mine and chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream.

Semi-related, anybody know if these hand held whipped cream maker thingies can whip baily's?

They can. I've made a variety of alcoholic / non alcoholic whips with those. I refuse to use the "whipped topping" that's sold at grocery stores.

How are those glasses called, user?

>spiked nog

That's like saying "spiked Old Fashioned"
Nog is a cocktail, and a very old one at that.

First time I heard if it. Sounds comfy. Gonna try it next week. Thanks user.

>handed down through the generations
How does it feel to have no personal merit?

>t. post-modernist

>I'm a faggot with an inflated ego that thinks he can do unique things
wow, might as well kys instead of ruining perfectly fine recipes.
Extermination of progressionists when?

that's a footed mug

Thanks user, I already found similar under "irish coffee mug" but it's hard to get them in germany. Shipping is just as expansive as the mugs themselves and they probably wont arrive without one of them at least getting broken.

I do not feel insulted

Should have been more precise: I dislike people that brag about and wouldn't share a recipe in which they didn't put any effort refining.

>I do not feel insulted
That's the point.

Land O'Lakes has a few different kinds. they're so good

>refining
more like ruining. It's a hit or miss.

I've always found the williams sonoma chocolate to be great. whole milk ofc

Didn't you mean it as an insult tho?

Still, you didn't put any personal effort in it.

Anyway, for the sake of the thread, here's my 'post-modernist' hot chocolate:
>2 big tsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
>1 cup boiling milk alternative that's not almond, soy or hemp

Feel free to laugh at my antibiotics induced lactose intolerance.

The magic happens in the space where you accept the title, while society sees the insult. that's the beauty. Which is objective, as real beauty always is.

Where the hell are you from?

Krautlands. Although we have something called egg liqueur which probably is similar to that.

texanerin.com/eierlikoer-german-egg-liqueur/

>Responding seriously to a rethorical question

Anyone know how I'm supposed to heat up the milk?
I either don't heat it enough or I boil it to a skin.
I've been using a double boiler lately, but are there any other ways??

>Ha, I knew the answer to the question all along and just acted like I was retarded!

They deconstruct for deconstructions sake. Everything generations built and made better gets relativised into oblivion in an atempt to atomise thoughts and people. Atomisation and floading with diversity of every aspects makes people shut in themselves, lossing their birth right of heritage and the pride of keeping it alive, make believe "new" for the sake of beeing differnt is just as valid as the old given on by hundreds though centuries, placing individualism above everything else, forgetting or ignoring that without a collective there is no individuum.

tl;dr: he's a dirty commie

t. pissed off silver spoon with no merit

Actually poorfag from the Udssr.

Just watch it. If it's just me, I'll nuke the milk and chuck the skin, but if I'm preparing for company, I prepare the mugs by mixing a couple tablespoons dutch process cocoa and sugar with a splash of water until a paste forms, putting them in an oven set to "warm", and heating 1 1/3 cups milk per mug over low heat, and stirring. You basically wanna go until you juuuuust see bubbles at the edge of the pan. Like making a Cuban cafe con leche.

Seriously though, pre-heat your mugs. Otherwise you'll lose a TON of heat to the ceramic sucking it all up.

Hot toddies/Irish punch are phenomenal. I also like hot apple cider with a splash of brandy or a caramel-y bourbon. Sitting on your porch as the sun goes down with something hot and boozy is maximum comfy.

Which spirits are most versatile for making hot drinks? How would rum taste in hot chocolate? I like rum and peppermint schnapps but I don't drink enough to justify buying both.

Seriously it's just 100% cocoa powder and milk? Doesn't it taste...awful?

egg nog is really good, you should definitely try it then

Brandy
Red wine (see Vin Brule)

Rum in hot chocolate would taste like shit, unless it was a nice spiced rum and you maybe added some other seasonings like cinnamon or nutmeg.

For hot drinks, the most versitile is going to be brandy, I would bet.

posting recipe for Vin Brule (or, mulled wine)

Ingredients

>1 liter of dry red wine (any full-bodied wine will do, choose an inexpensive bottle)
>200 g of sugar
>8 cloves
>2 cinnamon sticks
1 orange (with untreated rind)
1 lemon (with untreated rind)

Preparation

>Peel the lemon and the orange making sure to discard all of the white part as it would bring an undesired bitterness.
>Put all the ingredients in a large stainless steel pan.
>Bring to a boil stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Ensure all of the sugar is perfectly dissolved.
>As soon as it boils, the alcohol vapors will start to form. By using a long toothpick, carefully light a flame on the surface.
>When the flame goes out, the vin brulé is ready. Filter it with a colander and serve hot.

Those milk alternatives are a little sweet, but I also like 99% black chocolate so maybe it's not for everyone.

They still taste flour-y, unlike creamy milk, which is quite sweet as well (4g of sugar a 100ml, which are around two table spoon for a mug of cocoa already). I know, as I have tested every brand of every milk alternative on the european market from rice, oats, almonds, soy, ... and everything mixed in between them. Rice has the least flour-y taste but it's like watered down milk with a strange after taste.

That's why I am pretty sure, your post-modern variation tastes like shit, even if you will tell yourself it's great. That's what everybody does if one tries to make do with what we have.

Sounds like someone isn't close to their family.

some user graciously posted a recipe last thread using heavy cream and dutch-process cocoa. I don't know if I can go with the heavy cream, but the dutch-process cocoa sounds just about right. Maybe part milk, and a splash of cream or half and half to thicken it, and let the marshmallows do the lightening of the flavor.

My regular favorite is buckwheat and I treat myself with chestnut mixes. I don't claim I have the best recipe and certainly don't advocate milk alternatives, I just can't drink real milk anymore without getting sick. Also I'm not a sweet tooth and find many sweets overly sugary. And I'm not even postmodernist lol

We actually make wine together

Try lacto tabletts, which can also generate new lacto digesting bacteria in your guts if you keep on drinking it regularly. Most adults devolve this ability because they cease to drink milk for a couple of weeks in any relevant amount, simulating getting off their mothers breast. Trying actually fresh milk (pre pasteuration) if you are living near a mik station is also worth a try (it's absolutely safe if consumed on the same day, just don't buy that stuff in a super market).

Yeah user. Look up rapid infusions, those whippers are incredibly useful.

fuck brands and recipes, just give me a mug of hot cocoa, any kind. I need it.

>make wine together
How does it feel to have no personal merit? People have been making wine for 1000s of years.

No it's not even close when in modern times eggnog is often sold, made, and drank without the alcohol, you pretentious faggot.

Thanks. I figured it would work, but I wasnt 100% sure.

Are you stating that winemaking is on par process-wise with the reproduction of your family's hot chocolate recipe, user?

I'm not that user and yes, absolutely. If no one made wine before you, you'd have no idea how to make it.

It's actually summer and I'm eating watermelon & cantelope every day after work

that's only because making wine is a much more complicated process than making hot chocolate.

>Not drinking chocolate every month

Scandinavian mulled wine with activated almonds and raisins is for the white man.
Egg nog is for the jewish mongler.

What's the point? We are not following a detailed passed down recipe to make wine and I'm certainly not bragging about it nor keeping all the process secret (I'll gladly answer any question about the first example that came to my mind about what kept our family tight).

*what keeps

Chocolate recipe:
Melt two squares of dessert chocolate in water. Add two spoonful of cacao powder (van houten a best), a bit of nutmeg and a pinch of espelette piments.
Ironed milk recipe:
On the side, put your chimney tongs (make sure it's iron and not painted) in the fire so the extremities get hot, prepare a pot of milk and sugarcubes. Grab the sugarcubes with the pincers and plunge them in the milk. Tastes like caramel. Great for girls during their period, actually relieved some stomach cramps to one. You can also add brandy if you want.

That's exactly why it's not on par process-wise:
>[it's] a much more complicated process

Yeah, it's significantly more impressive.

I could never make this properly because it would never break down

One of the anons you replied to, glad to confirm. If you can find a copy of a book called Liquid Intelligence it goes into what I mentioned in more detail, but this link should prove sorta useful.

creativewhip.com/isi-rapid-infusion-performance-under-pressure/

thats why is sounds good
i want to drink something and then die i dont want to live

egg nog is for the nig nog

>giving Nestle literally any funding whatsoever

>Great for girls during their period
user, nobody on Veeky Forums wants to read about sheeding bloody womb tissue, especially if any warm drink would have the same effect.