The Traviling Onion

“It is believed that the onion originally came from India. In Egypt it was an object of worship —why I haven’t been able to find out. From Egypt the onion entered Greece and on to Italy, thence into all of Europe.” — Better Living Cookbook

When I think how far the onion has traveled just to enter my stew today, I could kneel and praise all small forgotten miracles, crackly paper peeling on the drainboard, pearly layers in smooth agreement, the way the knife enters onion and onion falls apart on the chopping block, a history revealed. And I would never scold the onion for causing tears. It is right that tears fall for something small and forgotten. How at meal, we sit to eat, commenting on texture of meat or herbal aroma but never on the translucence of onion, now limp, now divided, or its traditionally honorable career: For the sake of others, disappear.

WE

what is the point of this thread

WUZ

Onion is /ourveggie/ now

Shallots > onions

I couldn't of said it better myself. that was beautiful.
I wish I could go back in time and punch my retarded kid self in the face for not liking onions

shallots are tasty but onions are more versatile

Onions are too spicy for most Americans, they always ask for no onions on burgers etc because they can't handle the spicy level

That's changing as the liberals shove more "diversity" down our throats

Now even the most traditional grocery store is forced to carry at least 2 kinds of onion (red and yellow) or else the professional protesters will show up and scream BIGOT and RACIST until they either shut down forever, or start selling noxious, foul-smelling root vegetables

Memetics were a mistake. Humanity needs to be purged.

What are some redpilled vegetables that nu-male soycucks fail to appreciate?
I'd nominate celery and onions. They're fine with putting garlic, chili peppers, and scallions on everything, but they cannot appreciate the aroma and flavour of celery (and most of the herbs used in Western European cuisine, like rosemary, thyme, sage, and parsley).

They want us to turn out like Zimbabwe

The proud Rhodesians didn’t eat onions

But try saying “hold the onions” these days and you’re going to be charged with a hate crime, assuming BLM doesn’t get to you first

>reddit spacing on both posts
really boils the eggs

Why do you feel threatened by onions?

>Many a canny gardener has realized this and strategically planted onions, garlic, leeks, and other members of the Allium family to ward off pests.

>Many creatures will not cross a phalanx of allium, and so can't get to the juicy tomatoes waiting beyond. Their senses warn them that this is a food to avoid.

Animals avoid onions, what do they know?

I can confidently say this pic is absolute bullshit.

Liberals attempting Poe's law for the right is just as obnoxious as rightists pretending to be liberals or blacks.

wut..

>they don't know about the Out of India hypothesis
>they don't know about PIE languages
>they don't realize Indian philosophy is more sophisticated than western philosophy
>they don't understand that spices aren't "cheating" but the way to nirvana-like bliss
>they haven't even tried pakoras in yogurt based curry
>they literally undid 5,000+ lifetimes of karmic struggle by eating so many burgers

enjoy being a worm, faggots

Poo goes in the loo.

Doesn't the blood thinning effect of onion slightly lower oxygen transfer efficiency?

Can we all agree red onion is the best onion?

Tears mean your knife is too dull.

Who have you ever met in your life that doesn't like rosemary, thyme, sage, and parsley

I'm a "nu-male soycuck" and there isn't a vegetable I don't like.

>Roman gladiators thought rubbing themselves with onions would strengthen them and increase their speed.
>Even the U.S adopted this mindset: “I will not move my army without onions!”-Ulysses S. Grant.
>In the Middle East, onions were used to help pay rent.
Onions are the most powerful vegetable

They make you smell like shit though

What do you want to be? The Smelly? Or maybe The Deaded?

onions or garlic definitely generate nasty breath and armpit odor when you sweat them out. they taste great though, so not much of a problem if you have no friends/never leave the house

Practice dental hygiene and bathe you barbarians, I know half the people on this board don't even fucking brush.

I shower and brush every morning, that doesn't stop onion stink from seeping out of my pits

You can brush your teeth and shower, you will be clean smelling for a short while, but the source of the garlic/onion smell is still inside you, so it will be on your breath and sweat all day long.

you're not supposed to inhale bro

Who here could give up eating onions or garlic?

Hold up there, numale. If it doesn't fit the loony alt-right /pol/tard narrative then it never happened. Go get your alternative facts shine box, kelly ann.

>When taken in more than just tiny quantities, onions actually KILL red blood cells, as confirmed in studies on animals and young football players. And yet, this is never talked about. My great-great grandparents on dad's side ran an onion farm and BOTH died of leukemia.

>nd then you start to understand why tradition culture and all sorts, why THEY PUT ONIONS GARLIC IN EVERYTHING! government trying to poison our brains us to make us dumb so they can control and manipulate us easier
the real truth about onions

I don't know what to do with this information.

medium to high onion eaters are best countries

Norway can't handle onions, too white

Has massive over consumption of onions made South Koreans crazy?

No, the chase for national identity couple with end game capitalism have driven South Koreans crazy.

no, it's clearly the onions

The length picky eaters go to to justify their shitty palate.

Time and again, science has confirmed that onion and its juice boost testosterone levels -- sometimes threefold.

So, I just attempted to drink a cup - a single cup - of onion juice. Needless to say, consuming onion juice was a trying, though masculine, experience, and my entire home smells as if an uncleaned NFL locker room and Mexican kitchen converged upon a single point. I can feel the onion juice flowing through my body, coming into contact with every organ, every cell, and every bodily fluid.

I don't think I'm going to be able to leave the house for a week. I tried taking a shower, but the steam combined with the onion odor emanating from my body only exacerbated the problem.

Did I mention I peppered onion powder in the onion juice?

Though this has been an overwhelming experience, I feel far more energetic, youthful, and virile. I might try this once or twice more to get the full experience. I am in need of a testosterone boost, and thus am willing to smell like an onion for a few weeks or months.

Now, this could be revolutionary if Veeky Forums jumped on board with our new discovery. With increased testosterone levels, we could reassert ourselves as a force in the culinary world, in society, in our communities, in the world. Who would've thought that onion juice would restore traditionalism to the world? No wonder the South Koreans seem so strong in 2017. They consume the most onion of any nation in the world -- and it shows!

...And, at the end of the day, the juice of a little root plant saved Western civilization.

what if the increasing onion consumption is causing all the madness in the world? onions and garlic are increasingly making people go insane and not think properly. plants do affect people's bodies in many ways, physically and mentally. jainism rejects onions/garlic because they are supposed to lead to inflamed passions and confused thoughts.

are onions conspiring against humans??

how are your onion-boosted erections?

>by country
>Greenland and Denmark are different colors

triggered

onion consumption in Israel has been going down since the mid 90's. what do they know??

And tomatoes are native to South America. They were only introduced to Europe in the 16th century. It's hard to imagine Italian food without them.

>hard to imagine Italian food without them
No it isn't.

>cream sauces
>wine sauces
>pestos
>stuffed pastas
>gnocchi
>incredible cariety of delicious cheeses
>great wine
>amazing cured meats
>roasts
>sausages
>soups and stews
>seafood from the coasts
>chard, spinach, arugula, kale
>balsamic vinegar
>calzones
>olive oil
>risottos
>tapenades

Press O if you're team Onion

All of those benefit from onions except wines, tastelette

Not my onions too!

The only things that actually do are soups, stews, and risottos. But that list was a response to a post about Italian food without tomatoes, not Italian food without onions.

scallions are the best you fag

Thats why I always eat something with lots of onions when I drink on the job.

Were not friends anymore.