3 Reasons to Stop Eating Soy

Highly controversial, soy is often touted as a protein-rich wonder food able to rescue humans from our dependence on meat and prevent heart disease. Yet for others, soy is no more than a hyped-up marketing ploy created by an industry determined to mislead gullible consumers for the almighty dollar. Nevertheless, over the past two decades soy and soy by-product consumption has dramatically increased — and so have numerous diseases.

Some studies suggest too much soy in the diet can reduce fertility in women, trigger premature puberty and disrupt development of fetuses and children. And now, men too may be negatively affected by consuming soy. A new study finds that isoflavones — compounds that mimic the female sex hormone estrogen — may be linked to cancer in men. Here’s why men should think twice about including soy in their diet.

1. Increases your risk for advanced prostate cancer
2. Soy may harm fertility in men
3. Most soy grown in the U.S. is genetically modified

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.31095/abstract;jsessionid=3E8C2A292695966B3BB94F80B6DAE8CD.f02t01
prevention.cancer.gov/major-programs/prostate-lung-colorectal
academic.oup.com/humupd/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/humupd/dmx022/4035689/Temporal-trends-in-sperm-count-a-systematic-review?redirectedFrom=fulltext
academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=greentext
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.23594/full
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pros.20487/full
tinyurl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

[citation needed]

Thanks doc

>Highly controversial
Only among western broscientists
>soy is no more than a hyped-up marketing ploy created by an industry determined to mislead gullible consumers for the almighty dollar
Also true, at least in the west, where it isn't a staple like it is in Asia
>1. Increases your risk for advanced prostate cancer
Everything increases your risk for cancer
>2. Soy may harm fertility in men
It 'may' also let you shoot laser beams out of your dick, just as much evidence
>3. Most soy grown in the U.S. is genetically modified
Oh no, science.

It's a fucking BEAN. Just don't LIVE off of it like some retarded autist, any human diet wholly dependent on a single ingredient or substance is inherently foolish. We are omnivorous for a reason.

Here are some, friend:
cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.31095/abstract;jsessionid=3E8C2A292695966B3BB94F80B6DAE8CD.f02t01
prevention.cancer.gov/major-programs/prostate-lung-colorectal
academic.oup.com/humupd/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/humupd/dmx022/4035689/Temporal-trends-in-sperm-count-a-systematic-review?redirectedFrom=fulltext
academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898

You're welcome!

>cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html
Pic related. Failed at the first hurdle. Read your own sources next time nigger.

Drinking soy milk literally made me gay. I blame the Jews.

>No statistically significant associations were observed between the intake of total isoflavones and individual phytoestrogens and non-advanced and total prostate cancer after adjustment for confounders.
>This study revealed that dietary intake of isoflavones was associated with an elevated risk of advanced prostate cancer.
What did they mean by this?

>dumb faggot pollack splats his shitty flavor of the month meme
>immediately blown the fuck out
>le pepeface_tumblr.jpg
pottery

Why didn't you keep reading, friendo?

"We wasted our time doing this study but want to publish it and pretend we found something out anyway"

Academic research is a fucking joke, it sickens me how much of a goddamn puppy mill it's turned into. You can create the most bogus papers and sell them to fly by night digital publishers.

Ok, I have. Still no mention of soy milk. Pic related, you are still a retard.

Who...are you quoting here? Do you not realize that the point of meme arrows is to only be an automated function when you create a quote? Just abusing the code of Veeky Forums isn't acceptable... come on. Grow up.

damage control

You're not proving anything by lying on the internet. Just google soy and cancer, guy.

None of those people are the same. Stop being a new ledditor and learn how to id samefags. Holy fuck.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=greentext

>greentext is for quoting
This is below the level of retardation I expect from an average soyposter.

That doesn't look like a link to Veeky Forums. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Please show me a rule that details how it's ok to abuse the rules. Thanks.

Who are you quoting?

Don't you have school in the morning?

Thank you for no longer abusing the quote function. I can tell you came to your senses, at least on this topic. Sad!

Also I don't know what you're implying with the gumball shit picture you posted.

C'mon doc, what's with these part-strength doses? I'm getting by but it ain't easy.

Also, thanks.

I'm so confused

>I'm so confused

:^)

Well I mean it can still help in a way so the same study isn't repeated, yeah academia generally likes to publish stuff that actually shows data that was worthwhile, but I'd still say in some cases publishing data that might not have something amazing to say can still be important in just creating more known literature.

Repeating studies is a necessary part of science.

Fun fact × 2:

1)The samurai, heavy soy eaters were arguably the greatest mano a mano warriors in the history of man.

2)Vietcong forces would alter their course to avoid a company of south koreans (heavy soy eaters) and prefer to face a battalion of limp wristed amerifats.

But you go /pol/gril, and you do you.

Neither of those are facts though.

Hell, they're anti-facts. Lies that damage the truth. Samurai were devastated by Portuguese fencers; and that was before they started unlocking the chests with firearms. One of Japan's most legendary warriors watched and imitated them to win many duels.

fuck off back to /r9k/ fucking frogposter

x2? Unlocking the chests? Vietcong vs south korea?

Have video games replaced history textbooks for millennials? I guess too much controversy over this radical new "evolution" theory or the provocative libcuck nonsense about how the civil war was about slavery so they had to let the free market sort it out.

How do i stop being a soyboy

Very carefully

>3. Most soy grown in the U.S. is genetically modified
:^)

Daily reminder that soy reduces estrogen in women and men and plays a healthy role in reducing prostate cancer and breast cancer. OP is just a /pol/tard.
Do your own research folks.

>one study no link
I can provide plenty of studies showing the opposite you tard

Show one, I fucking dare you. There aren't any.

You've been called out as not being able to show a single one.
Inb4 that one study that was funded by the beef industry and has been debunked 100,000 times.

>cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html

The only time they mention diet as a factor, they list meat and dairy, not soy. The only mention of soy in that link is under the "prevention" section, where they say that soy isoflavones are currently being investigated as a potential way to *decrease* prostate cancer risk.

>onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.31095/abstract;jsessionid=3E8C2A292695966B3BB94F80B6DAE8CD.f02t01

Sure, but on the other hand, here's a meta-analyses of several cohort and case-control studies showing the opposite:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.23594/full

Where the highest category of soy consumption had a relative risk of 0.9 for prostate cancer, and 0.78 for high-grade prostate cancer.

>prevention.cancer.gov/major-programs/prostate-lung-colorectal

That's literally just describing an ongoing scientific trial, it does not list any findings.

>academic.oup.com/humupd/article-abstract/doi/10.1093/humupd/dmx022/4035689/Temporal-trends-in-sperm-count-a-systematic-review?redirectedFrom=fulltext

That's literally only a study on male fertility, it does not mention soy nor any risk factors whatsoever.

>academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898

"The inverse relation between soy food intake and sperm concentration was more pronounced in the high end of the distribution (90th and 75th percentile) and among overweight or obese men"

So tl;dr don't eat shitloads of soy when you're trying to have a kid, and don't be a fat-ass.

Also note that this is specifically looking at men in a fertility clinic, and as-such does not represent the effect of soy on the population as a whole; it's possible, for example, that there are a subset of people who have genetic factors that make them unusually sensitive to soy isoflavones, and who would be over-represented in fertility clinics.

For example, there are men with a particular genetic variant who have *significantly reduced* prostate cancer risk with *high* levels of isoflavone: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pros.20487/full

Why do the shills want us to eat soy?

obsessed

>make a shit thread based off of myths, not facts
>get called out on your bullshit
>hurrr it's da shills

Guess you have to stop eating then, because Soy is in

1. Bread
2. Salad Dressing
3. Crackers
4. Meat
5. Premade Dessert
6. Chips
7. Cookies
8. Burgers

and

Baked goods and baking mixes
Beverage mixes, for example, hot chocolate and lemonade
Canned tuna and minced hams, for example, seasoned or mixed with other ingredients for flavour
Chewing gum
Cooking spray, margarine, vegetable shortening and vegetable oil
Dressings, gravies and marinades
Frozen desserts
Lecithin
Milled corn
Meat products with fillers, for example, preprepared hamburger patties, hotdogs and cold cuts
Seafood -based products and fish
Seasoning and spices
Snack foods, for example, soy nuts
Soups, broths, soup mixes and stocks
Soy pasta
Spreads, dips, mayonnaise and peanut butter
Thickening agents
Mono-diglyceride
Monosodium glutamate (MSG) (may contain hydrolyzed protein)

Non-food sources of soy

Cosmetics and soaps
Craft materials
Glycerine
Milk substitutes for young animals
Pet food
Vitamins

>ITT: paranoid virgins blaming a fucking bean for their lack of game

Not to fear - the enemy of soyboys is two tablets a day of BRAIN FORCE PLUS™ ! Pop a couple tablets a day and GAIN THE ADVANTAGE!

>Contains: Soy
wew

>Some studies suggest
>some
>suggest
Not a single hard fact?

>may be linked to cancer
>may

1. what doesn't?
2. implying i didnt make a vasectomy already
3. not a burger & so?

i mean

Does eating soy turn me into a trap?

Parents used to cheap out and mix soy protein with textured soy meat and I grew manboobs. Just an anecdote but hey, if I ever have kids I wouldn't do the same.

Fuck, I meant mix ground beef with textured soy meat.

Gynecomastia is very common these days and there is nothing indicating that soy consumption is causing it. Do you drink a lot of alcohol?

keek

Phytoestrogens and Disease: tinyurl com/hfxu23q
Phytoestrogens and Heart Disease: tinyurl com/zg2nh7a
Phytoestrogen and Kidney Disease: tinyurl com/jtwyanb
High soy can result in 59% less breast cancer study: tinyurl com/j8ywsra
Soy yields 13% lower LDL/Bad Cholesterol Study: tinyurl com/hhf4weq
Soy and Men Hormones Study: tinyurl com/hsu4wqk
Meta-analysis on men, soy and phytoestrogen extracts: tinyurl com/ja5s9k2 30-50% of men get manboobs: tinyurl com/zb58cbs
Phytoestrogen content of various foods: tinyurl com/z3kpvsw 220 women over 2 years soy study: tinyurl com/z4tbb7d
Meta-analysis on 47 studies no estrogen change: tinyurl com/hsm6ctb Soy Men
Review/Final Quote on
Soy being fine for men: tinyurl com/zwddamh

>tinyurl links
I'm not falling for this user.