American cuisine.

>Finger steaks
>Michigan pasty
>Fried ravioli
>Nebraska handheld meat pie

>Idaho
>Something other than potatoes

2/10

Intern: "Hey bossy I was thinking we could put pictures of food for each state and then make an article about it. We did this for a project in my marketing class and it worked really well"

Bossy: "You got it kiddo"

Intern: [Googles silently for 45 minutes]
what a pile of garbage
fuck the internet

Washington id's probably the best. Finger steaks are actually pretty good but not really worth the cost.
We're pushing beef like crazy here now. Which is fine with me grass fed is stupid cheap here now.

>The Hoosier State: Breaded Tenderloin
Yep, knew it before I looked.
It was either that or the fried brain sandwich, but that's only around the Ohio river valley.

>Maryland
>Old Bay Steamed Blue Crabs
Remove the first 3 words, just blue crabs in general would be fine.

>Nevada
>Las Vegas All You Can Eat Buffet
is this supposed to be a fucking joke

>Bratwurst
Spot on
>served with sauerkraut
Eh...I would've gone with "coleslaw"

what the hell is that thing in philly cause it sure as hell aint a cheese steak

We also have stores completely and totally dedicated to selling novelty potato items, so, y'know.

I could go for some fried green tomatoes right now.

American cuisine.

Canadian (Québécois) cuisine.

what in the fuck are funeral potatoes

>live in Washington
>like almost every type of seafood except Salmon

This is a special kind of hell.

A Potato dish made with a fuckton of cheese and covered in cheddar lays. They're pretty good but only made for parties or funerals for some fucking reason.

Nebraska and Kansas mixed up

wallah

>wisconsin
>it's not cheese

>people ITT acting like the fact that they've never had their state food implies that the chart is wrong and not that they're just shut-in minsanthropes

>Idaho
>finger steaks
Not Basque food, something huckleberry, or any number of our fucking potato novelties?

Fuck off, I come here to get away from people like you.

>New York isnt New York styled pizza
>New York isnt cheesecake
>New York is regional basic bitch hot wings
At least pick good regional stuff like riggies

I hate these "maps" because they always choose the most well-known memefood for each location. I've seen so many different "versions" of this map there's usually few differences between any of them.

>Nebraska handheld meat pies
Can confirm, used to work at Runza which is what we call them, but it's trademarked. They're not bad actually, not amazing though. Meat, onions, cabbage and spices wrapped in bread dough and baked. At the restaurant they're basically a canvas for us to fill with other stuff.

Also the maker of this map can't tell Kansas and Nebraska apart

There is exactly one fucking city in this god-forsaken state, I think I'd know

Correct, but I wouldn’t say they’re the most iconic Utah food. Pastrami burgers are much more common, and jello is the big stereotype.

and "fry sauce"

Enlighten us, Sam.

>shut in misanthrope
>not a requirement for entry on this wretched website

MS should be fried catfish AR could be something else.

>Pastrami burgers
I have a mighty need.

Fry sauce and mormon neighbors are the greatest gift Utah has given the world.

fucking normans i swear

More like why Americans are disgustingly overweight map

Rhode Island's state food isn't frozen lemonade. That isn't even our state drink, coffee milk is.

Our state appetizer is lulas (calamari), so you could go with that I guess.

Las Vegasfag here, can confirm we don’t have any real local food

Oh wait I'm dumb.

State food should be a stuffie (stuffed quahog).

They could have went with water ice or Stromboli for PA

Personally i dont understand Merican pies or why there's so much topping/filling in them compared to being like pic related.

I've aten some delicious "American-style" Apple-pies (not in Merica though) and while they've been pretty good i'd still rather take pic related with some vanilla-sauce, whipped cream or icecream.

Nothing quite like a hotdish on a cold winter day

What's wrong with fried green tomatoes faggot. Whistle stop cafe ftw!

Obsessed!

It said "stewed with"

American pizza is much better than Italian pizza.

fish tacos? can confirm false

burritos are more like it

>new hampshire new england boiled dinner

KEK

But that isn't a picture of a brown muslim anus.

I'm from Michigan, that pasty thing is from the Upper Peninsula or something which is basically a different state

Where is this from?

No one in Jersey actually eats Taylor Ham. We just pretend cause its literally the only thing native to the state.

fuck facts dot com

what do u guys eat blimpies?

>Kentucky
>hot brown
>not burgoo

>no way it's this Mexican food
>it's definitely this other Mexican food
surfer yahoos I swear

I've lived in NC, MI, and OR. NC and OR are spot on, Michigan is fucking ridiculous. Clearly should be Coney dogs.

>bratwurst mit sauerkraut
>american
the list goes on

>Funeral potatoes
I can confirm

If bratwurst mit sauerkraut is now Murrican, I'd like to claim the whole Italian cuisine please.

Pasty is UP thing I believe.

As an American I'd call that cake or pastry.
A pie should have filling.

>Alaska
>Salmon candy

just salmon would have worked as well

that pastry looks bad, like a dry genoise
bet there's a shitload of bad cinnamon too
probably never heard of butter

no shit. or crab to play off of muh deadliest catch, or moose burger, or reindeer, or ANYTHING
why fucking salmon CANDY
I'd have even taken that fucking disgusting "eskimo ice cream" over that, that's what these kinds of maps/articles usually pick

Most people know it as cheesy potato casserole. Pic related

Tried one at a husker game,had, gaaaaassss... for hours

what in the fuck is wrong with the west coast?

>Also the maker of this map can't tell Kansas and Nebraska apart

tbf, neither can anyone else ;) They're also confounding KS with MO since it's Kansas City, MO that's known for BBQ.

why? because salmon candy literally does not exist elsewhere ya dingus

Wisconsin cheese is only good cheese according to Wisconsinites.

Vermont here and I have legitimately never heard of putting cheese on apple pie. I've worked at several local restaurants too.

>putting cheese on apple pie
people dont really do this do they? i assumed the chart was stating that vermont is known for both cheese and apple pie separately

Ikr we're such outcasts lol normies couldn't understand the rekt threads I like blood instead yeah only psychopaths here haha I'm so crazy

I'm not even American but Jesus Christ try not thinking about them for a minute.
And don't imply your countries national food is green salad with olive oil and vinegar cause I assure you, it's not.

This is a really good point.

>not old bay
Not a true Marylander.

They can't stop because their jealousy triggers them

if you live in Maryland, it goes without saying that old bay is liberally applied to all crab and shrimp dishes
it's just needless repetition

Yeah, its not like the south calls it tonys eggs, tonys burgers, tonys catfish, tonys gizzards or tonys pecan pie. No idea why it would be Old Bay anything in the northeast

> 'Merican "cuisine"

FYP

They mixed up Nebraska and Kansas

Yeah im sure youve been to many places in italy buddy

Dell's is p iconic I guess, and I haven't seen anything like it in other states

rich white people eating take-out and pills every night

(shit)

This is why 'merica is the butt of all jokes to the rest of the world.

obsessed.

No that is poutine, stop projecting.

Florida is more fish than anything, although key lime pie is a prominent desert almost everywhere. If anything I'd say grouper is more of a thing down here, actually nearly every state that borders the gulf of mexico likely pulls a lot of grouper.

>New York
>Buffalo wings
Get the fuck outta here, I'm from new york.

>Pennsylvania
>Not Primanti's

bad inforgraphic, OP

>Nothing can ever be made better than the original by anyone other than the people who made the original

>doesn't like sauerkraut
Stay in milwaukee nigger

I have, Sicilian pizza was the only shit I liked the rest was extremely over seasoned.

who /buffalo/ here

>Kansas city style ribs
t. Someone who has never had burnt ends

More popular in the UP but most pie shops sell them. Also you can find ready to bake ones in meijer's.

>Illinois
>deep dish pizza
Tired of this meme. The vast majority of people in Illinois (including Chicago), eat a thin crust, square cut, tavern style pizza similar to kind you find in St. Louis and New Jersey. A more appropriate state food would be the horseshoe.

Yea, thin crust is more commonly ordered, but only because its cheaper. Its objectively worse than deep dish and thin crust itself is not worth putting on any food list ever. Deep dish is a regional specialty that can compete with the best foods in the country. Thin crust is what you order when you want to look like you're getting a lot of pizza but are cheap and you don't want anyone to actually be satisfied

America was actually pretty respected until Trump

I agree with this post and I'm a New Yorker. Deep dish is awesome and I try to have some every time I visit. "Chicago thin crust" is mediocre and I'd rather just have a New York slice.

But locals rarely appreciate what they have. Look at the dumb ass Argies, they meme up their god awful Malbec while heaping contempt upon their exquisite Torrontés

Fucking disgusting is what it is idk if its just utah that makes it disgusting but every time ive had it here it's made me want to vomit like warm goopy cum with potatoes and some sort of creamy substance mayo? perhaps