What kinds of books do your parents and siblings read, Veeky Forums?

What kinds of books do your parents and siblings read, Veeky Forums?

Don't know, haven't spoken to them in months/years. Probably nothing and/or bullshit.

They don't.

My father keeps one book by his bedside but it has a gun inside of it. My mother is reading SPQR.

Mom: self-improvement/corporate/management
Dad: Herman Hesse, books about finance and banking
Brother (formerly sister): Marx, books on intersectional oppression, books on Latin American history (we are latin)

Mum: True crime
Dad: Non-fiction (war, travel stuff, biographies)
Brother: Fantasy and manga

Yeah, I know. My family life is a fucking meme.

And they wonder why I decide to work on holidays instead of going home...

>Grandma
Pure Veeky Forums with a preference for ancient texts. Collects old Jewish books and has a copy of Josephus's writings dating back to the 1700s or something.
>Dad
Biggles, comedy lit
>Mum
Nothing
>Brother
Nothing
>Sister
Used to be Harry Potter all the time, but under my corrupting influence was pulled via Gaiman and Le Guin out into the world of literature. I think her favorite book is Love in the Time of Cholera now.

>Dad
Crime thrillers, music-related non-fiction occasional litfic
>Mum
Mostly historical
>Brother
Horror

mom: self-improve/management stuff for her work
dad: ? really don't know he told me he read "the russians" lately on his kindle but he doesn't read much
sister: Hesse, Kleist, Nietzsche, Dostojewski and more

i want to fuck your sister

nothing

>Kleist

>Dad
Used to read popular non-fiction, now doesn't read at all
>Mum
cheap novels, sometimes very long tho
>twin brother
old wisdom philosophy, history
>brother
genre fiction and a got an interest in psychoanalysis
>sister
I don't know, whatever leftists read. Accessible books about ecology and economy?

>Dostojewski
Why the fuck do people spell Dosto's name like that?

>Brother (formerly sister): Marx
Figures.

My mother really likes books about slave niggers and my sister really likes books about strong women

Sorry its the way its spelled in german I'm just so used to it

'Strong woman' always confuses me (because I'm dumb), is it just a woman that chooses to do things? All the modern strong women in fiction seem to be both perfect moms with at least two children, and working a fulltime job at some prestigious firm and are also incredibly beautiful which has no influence on their surroundings.

>woman that chooses to do things
yeah pretty much, gone with the wind pride and prejudice kind of deal. chicks love that shit because they idealize male imposed oppression and like to fantasize about rebelling against the patriarchy
>inb4 /pol/
you know it's true

Dad reads Bill Reilly
Mom reads The Bible

Dad used to read Marxist theory almost exclusively. Mom reads true crime, Remarque, Sartre, and Hesse.