Opinions on harry potter: the books, fans, and author

opinions on harry potter: the books, fans, and author.

not a fan of the books, fans seem to worsen everyday, and the is always kidding and it bothers me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ebfjuk2fHJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=Ebfjuk2fHJo

cult of personality

Don't get me wrong, it's a good book and I enjoyed reading it but it's way overblown.

Oh and the fans, don't even get me started. I met someone who claimed they were a huge fan of the books but had only read the first 3.

I did enjoy reading them as I did, but the last book is a dreadful resolution

>no final confrontation between harry and malfoy
>snape's motivation all along isn't sufficient to explain why he did everything
>snape doesn't get to speak his mind to voldemort or harry; you learn it all thhroiugh the fucking pensieve instead of a dramatic dialogue scene

It ended in the least satisfying way possible

norm rules

It is really effective escapist fantasy, and people can have some powerful nostalgia for it if they grew up alongside the series' publication, but if you were expecting great literature or something out of children's books you only have yourself to blame. The fans are insufferable because they're literally children, not because of some intrinsic quality of the series. The author's political opinions are whatever. They aren't reflected in the work, and if you unironically spend energy on getting mad about celebrity opinions you need to kill yourself.

I maintain that the 1st book is a great childrens book; it's got a good premise and wonderfully whimiscal writing. It starts steadily going downhill after that; the longer Harry is in Hogwarts, the more familiar everything becomes to him so a lot of the "wonder" is lost.

A lot of people I went to school with are still obsessed with it (we're in our mid-20s now) which I find a bit weird

I'm against book burning but in the case of Harry Potter I will make an exception. The same goes for the author and the fans.

They are good for children and teens. Adults who like them can get on my nerves.

>the books
Very, very good books for children with great fucking twists. I see why adults would enjoy the escapism and magic of the world too.

>fans
Hardcore fans of anything are dumb as shit. HP is very popular, so obviously there are more dumb fans.

>author
Neo liberal cunt but a pretty solid writer. Don't mind her too much. Just your average middle class white woman with too many shekels in the bank.

>books
Decent child literature that devolves into its own parodic fanfic
>fans
Overgrown people that feel accomplished by reading those books like a NEET feels accomplished by playing trough his backlog
>author
Cunt. Gigantic cunt. Trying deliberately to stay relevant by betraying her own artistic vision

If only Rowling wasnt such a massive thundercunt jew. She could have keep writing about Hogwarts or different magic houses while turning the books more and more mature as its readers grow older. Instead they become mindless consumers that will never go beyond "Im house Slytherin xd"

>She could have keep writing about Hogwarts or different magic houses
Good Lord, why? Expanding the world beyond that shit was a great idea. Hogwarts and magic schools are done, it worked because the shit was something new and we experienced it all with Harry. Now the sense of wonder is gone and going further into it, will make them feel like normal boarding schools. At best it can be used to create a MMO, although for that expansion of the world is still needed.

'Member the fire chalice? There were other schools of magic each with their own unique houses and characters and stories. Shit got fucked when they started to interact with the real world and everything stopped being believable or making sense

We can learn about them from characters who went there. There will be some Durmstrang flashbacks for sure and something about Murican schools in the new series. Just it wouldn't be fresh enough for actual books.

Also, not believable and not making sense, were the case since book one either way. HP is hard to enjoy if you stop and think about the world for too long.

Do you want to know how i know you are a woman?

Kek. Come on, no man gets that cucked. If Snape were realistically written, he'd replace Lilly with some other obsession and bitch about the new girls bitching about her boyfriend.

Juvenile wish-fulfillment and persecution fantasy. Bad, but not deadly. The problem is compounded by the ubiquity of the franchise, though.

I actually like the books for what they are.

The fans are kind of annoying.

JK Rowling proves the value of "Death of the Author."

The books are fine up until a certain point but they aren't that well written. One of the criticisms that seem to pop are is "Harry Potter was MUH CHILDHOOD! HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE MY CHILDHOOD SINCE IT CAN NOT BE WRONG!". Same shit with Star Wars.

Also makes me wonder if the movies had never happened what would actually happen to the books popularity and the fanbase? Problem is the movies brought in all the annoying Tumblr fans and they treat it like a religion.