At the airport

What should I buy? What would you get?

Of the books on the pic, I would get "Hologram for a king" because Dave Eggers is probably an all right author. Out of the selection at my airport, I would get an Orwell book.

I'd go with the sellout, the noise o time, and then maybe sleeping giants.
that said, a lot of shit.

alice munro is good too.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

>buying books at an airport

Oh user...

>I am not your negro
buy all of those and throw them into the nearest bin

A Little Life since I have seen a lot of people reading it before and reviews on YouTube, A Hologram for the King because that cover is aesthetic or The Course of Love, though I probably wouldn't buy it since I wouldn't want to be seen reading it in public or on the plane.

I Am Not Your Negro - the documentary is great btw.
Dave Eggers is OK airport pulp, nothing outstanding but if you need to kill time on a long flight or fill up a boring vacation, he's alright. See if they have The Circle.

My mother bought The Noise of Time recently so I suppose I would consider that, that sounded neat.

I would get Hidden Figures too. If any of these books are shit I would probably give them to a book shop after or to my mother who reads a lot of this kind of stuff. I'm sure she owns quite a few in this picture.

get The Spy and Adultery then get a big boner on the plane

I would honestly not buy any of them, and listen to music the entire flight.

Dan Brown or John Green is always a winner.

>buys books when he has an internet connection or any device he can read books on
And that's why we cant have good things

>not bringing your own book with you to your destination

user, please...

> not actually going into the airport bookstore and finding the first book related to classics, history or film

I know airport bookstores are bad but if it's a Waterstones or WH Smiths or something like that, then there's always at least a tiny shelf of classics near the back. Just pick up a couple of books from there.

Sleeping giants seem to contain the Bogpill. You should get that.

definitely rushing waters

this
Danielle Steel is such and underrated author imo
Great prose stylist and an even better story teller

Don't let the BLM-pandering fool you, James Baldwin is patrician to the max.

>this is the state of contemporary fiction
>these are the books the average person feeds their mind and soul
>they feel entertained and informed for having read these books
Don't give me that poptimist horseshit about how books people bought were always terrible, this is completely inexcusable. In 1969 the best selling book in America was Portnoy's Complaint; there is zero (0) chance of a novel of similar quality causing such fascination and discussion in 2017 America. According to a study published in the journal Intelligence, France's Full Scale IQ dropped by 3.8 points in the past decade. 4 IQ points in ten years. Where the fuck do you think this is going? Why the fuck do you think that demographic failure would have no influence on people's cultural habits? Dysgenics is real. Mystery meat proles and white progressives are strangling Western culture before your eyes and this table is proof

A Little Life or Sellout

haha lemme jus pot tha on facebook instagram twitter tumblr etc etc xD lmao but btw i'm smart not basic ¬_¬ in class btw