What are some foods and drinks that can help my crippling depression

what are some foods and drinks that can help my crippling depression

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6400041
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ones that you enjoy.

There's no medical link between depression and food, so it's purely a matter of your personal preferences. Make whatever you like to eat or enjoy preparing.

>wah im sad
>that means im DEPRESSED

Yeah, we'll I gained a couple pounds, does that mean I have an eating disorder? Fucking special snow flakes these days and their made up diseases just so they can avoid taking responsibility for their shitty situation and play the victim card.

a bullet to the skull

You ok?

duloxetine soup

do you need a hug user

Blow it out your ass

actually my life kicks ass, I just love making fun of you fucking spoiled millennial faggots bitching about your made up diseases and using "depression and anxiety" as an excuse to be a worthless piece of shit.

>my life is awesome thats why im on Veeky Forums!

no it means i was diagnosed with depression

>my life is bad so that means the guy laughing at me sucks too

Two can play at this game idiot.

cant go wrong with foods that give you lots of energy last time i checked fats and sugars have a lot of enegry so eat like some pizza and wash it down with some soda. atta boy

vodka
it just works

have one of these, it does the job and functions as both food and drink if you have two

>hes still replying
go do all that awesome life stuff you got going on bud

>hes still mad I called him out
Turn your life around and stop projecting onto me you dumb piece of garbage.

>being this /pol/
you have to go back

>it's the I'm a piece of shit so everyone else on Veeky Forums is a piece of shit post
Get a job, loser

>wahh give me my safe space so I can cry about how sad I am :(

How about you go the fuck back to R***it newfag?

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

I don't mind, really, if copying me is helping you cope with being an ugly loser with no redeeming qualities than please, by all means, continue.

Exercise. It's guaranteed to help.

oh my bad, actually, I didn't realize you were actually agreeing with me. sorry

I thought you were one of the dumb faggots crying and replying to this

>There's no medical link between depression and food
Please just shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about. Inflammation is highly linked to depression and there's plenty of foods that cause inflammation

Any of these

>I have no capacity for empathy or sympathy and I simply choose not to listen to the experiences of others in favor of my own anecdotes, The Post

Come back when you have facts. "Linked" in an academic paper is code for "we think this might maybe kinda be related but we don't know why or how and we can't prove it so we just say *linked* for lack of a better word".

Come back when you have something more than mights and maybes and I'll be happy to listen.

drugs

>spoonfeed me
how about nah. I don't give a fuck about you or your health. if you're interested you look it up.

Unironically vitamin D supplements, especially for 'indoor humans', it can be a big relief.
We are intended to work outside half naked, some people get severely affected by lack of sunshine on bare skin.
Apart from that, cook something you enjoy and want, the act of cooking can be a kind of meditation, and the eating gives you a positive stimulus and a feelig of achievement.
Depression is no disease, its a human reaction to a sick way of life, the critical point is how you cope with it. Keep your head up. Life has always been a challenge.

kek

Sounds like you need to fast. Gain an appreciation of food. While you're at it, go camping by yourself for a few days. Deprive yourself of modern comforts.

adderall

thats adhd

Stimulants provide temporary relief. Its just not sustainable. If you have access to weed however you can ride it out for years. Only problem is you'll probably become complacent and never fix any of the real life problems contributing to your condition, unless you take a ridiculous amount of adderall and burn out by the time you're 30

>i have the most common mental illness in the world
>NUH UH. MY AUTISTIC TANTRUM WILL PROVE YOU WRONG
jesus christ, this faggot

If you are diagnosed with depression you should be on medication. Some food might lighten the mood but won't help against any serious for of depression.
That said: there are studies indicating that fresh fruit on a daily basis makes people happier.

try soy

Sardines

Psychiatric medications are poison. Therapy(or even a good, understanding friend to talk to) and lifestyle changes are a much better way of dealing with depression.

>Freudianism and nofap will cure you!

Go back to your subreddit cuck

Medication is a temporary fix for many disorders. Therapy, CBT/DBT etc., is known to have longer lasting results.

Food? Whatever you like
Drinks? Booze obviously

Pussy chased with some booze.

If I buy bananas or cucumbers or other phallic foods I make sure to buy the ones smaller than my own manhood that way I'm still the man of the house and I don't get jealous of them.
Problem is I'm still hungry and unsatisfied after I eat them.

>CBT

Nice scam.

This. Eat an anti-inflammatory diet. Not gonna spoon feed what that is. You can find it on normie websites.

Brain inflammation =! body inflammation.

You understand there's this thing called the blood brain barrier, right?

Please stop talking about correlations you don't have a grasp of understanding. Depression is highly multifactoral.

This.

Try a keto diet. High-fat, low-carb. Don't try to lose weight. Stuff your face with bacon, cheese and other low-carb comfort foods while your body and mind get better.

I literally mixed in butter with my cappucino today. As long as your carbs are below 50 (ideally 20) grams a day, you're golden. And it's pretty hard to overeat on this shit so you might even lose weight.

Take it to Google scholar.

Hot water with lemon is pretty good if you're feeling ill. I recommend honey too for something soothing and sweet. Sorry you're not feeling like yourself OP. I hope you'll feel better soon.

meditation and onions and mushrooms and a steak

A sensual tea. Earl Grey would be good. French lentils with carrots, onion, celery and chicken. Super nutritious. Balance out those transmitters.

The nerves in your gut are highly connected to the brain.

This. Also stay the hell away from wheat. It fucks with a lot of people.

Lift weights and eat onions.

Zoloft. Whole milk. Rooibos tea (in moderation, imo).

Keto did wonders for my depression. I went down from 150mg of zoloft daily to 25mg a day. But it wasn't sustainable for me. I fucking love carbs and shit.

Oh wow. You got really triggered.

Chamomile tea with honey before bed has a 100% rate of cheering me up. Give it a try

Im actually gonna give you a serious answer.
You need to eat carbs to taise your insulin level an hour before you eat protein. Why? Insulin pushes all other amino-acids except tryptophan into your muscles/organs. Those other aminos usually beat out tryptophan. Tryptophan enters your brain to help synthesize seretonin. You also need a b-vitamin complex to help synthesis of seretonin. You can also buy tryptophan supplyment and take it on an empty stomach with something sweet.
Heres one research article. There are many.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6400041

Basically
Eat carbs 30mins before protiens.
Seritonin profit

I was eating a paleo diet (still am), mostly just vegetables and chicken thighs at the time because it was cheap. This is only anecdotal, but one day I ordered pizza just because I hadn't had one in a long while and ate half of it in one day. The next two days I felt irritable about trivial shit I wouldn't normally care about, like getting mud on my boots. It was weird but I haven't binged on anything containing gluten since then.

Thank you for a scientific answer without hate and ad hominem's.

Microdose psilocybin in the form of shroom honey. Take it in tea and drink it mindfully on your dose days.

Just eat a balanced diet of fresh foods and get regular physical activity, even if it's just a walk around the neighborhood.
I know you might have to force yourself to do it, but it really does help.
You'll get there, OP.

What are some foods and drinks that can help with my sore throat?

Shit is unpleasant.

wings and coffee.

Don't deep fry them, just flour them lightly and bake them/turn them and douse in sauce.

But what if I'm not into cock and ball torture?

this
Don't "eat away" your feelings, it's a big mistake

I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.

Cool people post on Veeky Forums, fag. Except people who post on those gay boards no one likes.

I went to see someone to try and get a prescription to adderall then after I described the problems I'm suppose to have to get it the first thing he says was "user, I'm seeing depression here." I'm not taking chill pills from the man so I essentially wasted that time and money and I still have to buy it from this absolute scum bag I know.

I don't really need it, nor would i take it every day, but I do enjoy taking some once in a while and putting in some good vidya time and cleaning my place and shitposting at the speed of light

.t currently on it

Underrated serving of pasta.

he's probably on of those boomers that spilled over from /pol/

If you're not a millennial (1980-2000, sweet pea) you're either too fucking old or too fucking young for Veeky Forums, fuck off and improve the site pls

Nah I use millennial the way it should be used, for people born after the changing millennia (2000-now)

can any doctor on Veeky Forums confirm whether this is a good lifestyle to follow?

millennial in denial detected

Millennial refers to children and young adults whose lives were/are defined by the information age and the new millennium. IE, a 20 year old who watched the ball drop in 1999 and a 1 year old whose first new year rang in a new millennium. I have no clue why people try to draw such drastic lines, as if a generation of people could be a mere 5-10 years apart, instead of 20 something like every other generation.

You didn't really detect it, did you? Since I just blatantly said it...

Don't come at me if you're stupid, it's a waste of my time.

You don't get to decide how a word should be used, but at least it safely marks you as someone who is, indeed, over 30. Hello oldtype, how is your back treating you?

Yeah I know what the defenition is, I am taking the word back and using it for people born after 2000 because you are the shitty retards I don't want to be associated with

One, doesn't matter, not how words work you filthy porch monkey. Two, you've never had an intellectual conversation with a person born in 2000 up, and if you have, I'd like you to have a seat. Three, if millennial changes to accommodate the iGen (2000 up), then all it does is relabel you and everyone else born between 1979 and 1999 as something else.

You accomplished nothing but whining, and really I don't even need to know your birthday, that's all I need to know to know I'm talking to Mr Millennial.

Nice essay kid

That's it, I'm on the phone with a geologist. I've never seen a salt deposit this great, I'll be making a fukken mint in no time

Keep replying, I'm sure I'll start to give a fuck what you think

You can't out shitpost me, not with your gay oldtype memes. Keep pushing and I'll bomb this board with cheese pizza all the way through thanksgiving, sware on me mum

I haven't read your last three posts dude. Get a life I can feel your desperation from here and frankly it's no longer funny just embarrassing

>types this after getting into a thread long reply chain with someone he himself states has no life

I wish I was the skinny type of depressed. I have this curse of eternal hunger where no matter what I eat, I feel like eating again in 30 minutes afterwards.

garlic soup.
boil 2 liter of water. add 40 garlic cloves or 2 heads (peeled) + 4 patatoes (diced). add a little bit of olive oil, salt, peper, italian herbs, 2 leaves of laurel. and boil slow for 45 minutes.
use a blender or fork to mash the soup.

really it made me feel good couple of times,

Ice cream with chocolate sauce

I'd recommend tea. Go to the tea aisle and find some varieties that get your rocks off.

Yeah, sounds like you have anger issues.
Being depressed is nothing to fuck around about. There's also varying degrees of depression, Along with varying coping methods. Your angry outburst make me think you probably have some degree of depression going on, because anger is a common symptom. You can be depressed without even recognizing it, actually. Everyone goes through some form of depression during their lives, whether you believe in it or not. Your belief system doesn't control biology and can only affect your psychology to a certain extent.

try foods that naturally reduce inflammation, avoid foods that cause inflammation

just buy meth. its cheaper and stronger.

Pizza because who cares if you die.

Tried my girlfriend to take some because neither her or me go out in the sun much. She shot me down with 'oh unless a doctor said so I won't take them'. Fucking women