Why do women prefer wine, and men whisky?

Why do women prefer wine, and men whisky?

Because you're American.

Travel a little bit, fatto

Wine is easier to palate, fruitier then most whisky and can be extremely sweet compared to whisky which will go as high as something like Benrinnes or a hogshead Cask aged Auchentoshan and no higher.

because every woman has a "I've been raped" story, if they preferred whiskey, they'd all have multiple "I've been gang raped" stories

this to be honest family

Good question

same reason women like pop music and chickflix and Network TV dramas

It's sweet, goes down easy and they don't have to think about it.

there whores

Men force themselves to drink whiskey or risk losing masculinity points until they develop a taste for it.

This. Fuck the police, I prefer fruity wines, mead and gin/advocaado mixes.

When I started drinking whisky I didn't necessarily like the taste. But it was still pleasurable as I was slowly sipping the whiskey. I added ice so it was cold, but it also makes you feel warm. And then you get the effects of the alcohol and get relaxed. And all it took was just a small glass. Unlike wine or beer, where you have to drink large amounts before you start getting the effects of alcohol.

I like neither wine, beer or whiskey when it comes to taste. And if I want to relax and get a little bit of alcohol in my system, the easiest to consume would be the small glass of whiskey, rather than the large amounts of beer or wine. When I started drinking it wasn't the taste or the alcohol that made me puke, it was the large amounts of liquids you had to consume. That is why I started drinking whiskey.

Complete nonsense. Almost all wine tasters are men. Men elevated wine to an artform it doesn't deserve, and men generate all the stupid fucking 'sommelier' buzzwords that have seeped into common parlance over time.

Women like fruity mixed drinks that taste sweet and get you stone drunk after two of them. Wine, if they do consume wine, will usually be white or rose. Long island iced tea is more preferred though.

Whiskey is what men drink. Wine is what women and alcoholics drink. If a woman drinks whiskey (more than likely fireball) she's gonna get fucked and shit her pants while hovering over the toilet.

This is the way it's always been and always will be.

I prefer wine but then I am an alcoholic

Didn't the Romans or Greek or both drink only wine?

I hear of Roman soldiers and barbarians and the like, drink wine.

me too m8

I'm more of a beer man myself

Wine drinks like juice, whiskey drinks like gasoline. Women are allergic to gasoline

I prefer vodka/whisky/rum myself, but I'm also an alcoholic, so meh.

I wouldn't say only because of all the trade they carried out, but Romans were huge on wine. It wasn't necessarily analogous to ours thought. They would start with highly concentrated wine, very high abv, and then one person who had been designated the arbiter bibendi would decide the water/concentrate mixture. Generally they would choose either to have a slow night with plenty of conversation, or to get really fucked up really quickly. Horace was also notably fond of wine, the poem we get 'seize the day' from being about how you should be drinking wine right now.

>because every woman has a "I've been raped" story
shoo shoo, back to south africa with you

>I like neither wine, beer or whiskey when it comes to taste. And if I want to relax and get a little bit of alcohol in my system, the easiest to consume would be the small glass of whiskey, rather than the large amounts of beer or wine.
why not vodka?

Personally I like hard liquor like whiskey more. It all leans toward gross so I might as well go for what gets me drunk the quickest. There are some nice cocktails out there thoufh I guess, and I suppose out of everything beer and wine are the worst in terms of flavor profile. Wine in particular has an astringent aftertaste, I find.

this tbqh

fucking ignorant Americans

>"tough guys drink whiskey"
Most of these fags drink soda-sweet bourbon

you are the reason why everybody hates americans

But I don't like whiskey, it has turned from a "this is all strong alcohol we've got"-drink to a drink that pretentious faggots drink trying to prove something.

Don't get me wrong, there's still the genuine whiskey lovers around but I hate how much of a meme it has become. Same with tequila.

lol don't give me tequila bro I'll go crazy!

Sounds like you worry about what other people do too much. That'll go away as you get older

I'm a man and I love wine (red) and hate whiskey.
I'll drink whiskey though because fuck it.