So...

So, I just finished Infinite Jest for the first time yesterday and I have to say I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but I had no idea that the book was actually about the very struggle of mankind in a complex and foreign

Alright lads now that all the pseuds are gone, it's that time of year again. Veeky Forums F.C. actually managed to make the Summer Cup, and we want to see what the intelligentsia thinks about the state of our club.

Everything you need is in this link:

docs.google.com/document/d/1e_tUp3W_LeyRThG9kkDbcDYmKVzipibOQmcJnBg9PAg/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone but Mira tbdesu

Needs more Tortilla Yecarthy.
/spit

Wait, are there matches schedule for tonight?

Matches don't start until the 28th but we need to finalise the team and roster in two weeks.

The Wiki linked in the doc will have all the times when the draw is made and if there's interest in it we can try and make threads when we are playing

Kafkaesque should be a medal, desu

Bring Back Camus

What the fuck is this. Someone give me a quick rundown. P

it's a board vs board tournament where each board is represented by a football (soccer) team in a video game. Veeky Forums qualified for the next cup which starts in three weeks. From "best" to worst, the teams in the next cup are Veeky Forums, /mu/, /vp/, /sp/, /jp/, /gd/, /asp/, Veeky Forums, /toy/, /d/, /v/, /vr/, /int/, /h/, /s4s/, /m/, /lgbt/, /n/, /an/, /wg/, /trv/, /g/, Veeky Forums, /tv/, /po/, /u/, /co/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /f/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums came fourth once but otherwise we're pretty average

-Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with aliens
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control france with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
-both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

someone needs to mod in glasses + bandana right fucking now

PES 2013 had glasses and bandanas in game but they removed them from 2014 onwards

I got some autist to do something quick and this is what we got

We also got Yukio Mishima with a sword, I'll try and make the arms and legs grey this time

Why the fuck does he have a sword in a soccer game?

Shut the fuck up!

At least we're not Veeky Forums, their team is all cars

Do you hear that? It's time, time passing each day. Each day the truth is harder to hide. Each day more questions are asked. Each day is more damage. Tell him. Tell him what you did to me.

Aye, I agree. You lot, just tell the man. This doesn't need to continue. This madness can stop if the lad has a good reason to stop. You haven't given him a good reason. Can you blame him for doing what he does? Either that or never be free? Trusted? Believed? The lad has no choice. Tell his pa, and let it end now.

hmm... what did he mean by this

When is qt Sylvia coming back?

Still can't fucking believe our home jersey.

We could prob do with an updated second kit desu
I'll never not love the Tux kit

I fucking love this board.

Its beautiful.

The Tiger poem is leagues ahead of Rupi Kuar's in terms of emotionality
You can picture some slightly chunky, makeup caked Indian woman with a bitchy accent speaking her poems at you and expecting you to love them, but The Tiger has an emotionalism to it that can't be beat. At first, the hushed "Yes" as if the first break of a wave on the shore in the morning, the first murmuring in a crowd about to erupt; however, the "YES" is more mad, more unhinged, like someone who is shocked by what they have seen and can only smile and be in awe at the terror they've witnessed. There's something profoundly human about the whole thing: doing something we shouldn't, being glad it has been done, then marveling in pure terror at the Sublimity of ones action.
However, all is not lost; we are meant to reflect on our actions, to see what they have done, and it is implied that we must become better than what lead us to releasing the tiger in the first place. We have wrought something we didn't intend to on the world by letting the Tiger out, but that doesn't mean we cannot learn from this mistake. Nael perfectly displays humanity's need to redeem itself.
The Tiger better captures the human reaction towards the Sublime than any other work of art I have ever read. He has near Dostoevsky levels of awareness of the human spirit and our need to pick up the pieces of what we have wrought. Rupi's shit can only be "related to" by bitchy millennial women, but Nael's contains the whole of human suffering, wonder, and redemption in a scant 5 lines.
NAEL IN

16 votes in total so far. Only consensus I can see at the minute is:
DFW and Start With the Greeks remain as medals
Tao Lin is kicked
Action Camus and/or >translations added

>not knowing what the cup is

I have come to the conclusion that its not newfriends being too new, but me being here too long

Kill yourselves.

Suicide is for pseuds

Exactly.

Is the tiger the self or... is the self the cage??????

>Veeky Forums

oh my fucking god i can't do this anymore.
i can't...
i'm out of breath
and i woke all my neighbors

Thank u david

No, thank you loyal citizen

memes aside shouldn't it be read the greeks?

based dabid

>Pseudocide

I wonder what David would have made of this girl