Pessimism is just a refuge for loveless virgi-

>pessimism is just a refuge for loveless virgi-
Oops.... Looks like your wrong ..

honestly for me pessimism neither manifests from social occlusion or takes the form of any bitterness. I just feel to be entirely unbiased it makes total sense. Your entire life consists of ameliorating debts. Sure its kind of fun but hardly anything to revel in and much less so to justify its initiation. I just feel like everyone needs to come down off their high before they approach philosophy.

not an argument

I'm not arguing yet tho. I'm just saying I'm fully satisfied with my existence and I still think philosophical pessimism wins.

We spend our lives distracting us from looking to closely at what life actually is in my opinion.

>tfw to intelligent to be an optimist

Never said anything about intelligence.

This. The premises are really so simple that you'd need to be intelligent enough to obscure them convincingly to proceed in spite of them. Or else you'd have to be an accessory to such an intelligence as most are.

Reminder that Cioran was a fascist in his youth because of his nihilism (if there are no natural values, might as well impose them by force) and then when he discovered that fascism just makes things worse, he doubled down on his nihilism.

Phiosophical pessimism and nihilism are entirely separate issues. Quite frankly I find many forms of optimism essentially nihilistic (that is to say in the fuller total relativism sense). Like all those turn of the century frogs along with Nietzsche practically invented the pervasive attitude of self-indulgence we have today. Pessimism if anything is stoic, ascetic, self-denying, positively religious in its preoccupation with sublimating into the imposing universal totality.

>Pessimism if anything is stoic, ascetic, self-denying, positively religious in its preoccupation with sublimating into the imposing universal totality.

Absolutely this. Although Cioran would call Buddha a retarded Don Quixote

pessimism and narcissism are psychologically identical.

I think you mean diametrically opposed.

No, I mean what I said.

but it was wrong so in time you will mean the opposite.

that can't be inferred, and anyway it isn't wrong. Pessimism must defend itself by affirming the complete inferiority of the vast majority of people who clearly do enjoy their lives: they're so stupid they don't even know that they actually *hate* their lives. Maybe pessimists are just incapably of empathy, which is a classic sign of narcissism. (not to mention the incredible arrogance of assuming that you're one of the 1% who "gets it")

Present your arguments please.

For what exactly?

I unironically have an IQ well beyond the 99th percentile so try harder faggot

>not to mention the incredible arrogance of assuming that you're one of the 1% who "gets it"

Basically everyone believes that just about their own ideology. Even the highly religious often believe something distinguishes them as especially discerning or pious. Its only a coincidence that the ideology I subscribe to is quite that unpopular. And I don't attribute their rejection to stupidity or evil but rather to various biases. In fact I know that humans have an inherent capability of accepting philosophical pessimism because whole communities of people lived under those premises such as the Cathars.

>diametrically
When will the "circle of life" meme end?

Lol no.

Philosophical optimism manifests itself in courage, fortitude, stoicism, asceticism. It starts with you and the disciplining of your mind, it results in high civilization; the incrementally successful battle against nature, including the battle against your own monkey brain with its hitherto unchallenged shitposting. Sublime self-denial for the betterment of all.

Philosophical pessimism manifests itself in stoicism and asceticism as well, but also in retreat, or at best utterly inefficient altruism. It starts with pathological compassion, not having your priorities in order and being utterly unpragmatic and ignorant about biological and physical soft and hard caps. It results in tomes full of very witty remarks and anecdotes, not to mention meditation which comes in handy when your objective is control by letting go and disciplining by not doing.

Ergo p. pessimism is egocentric babby's self-denial stuck at the first step of p. optimism and I urge the former to drop all pretense of sagacity. To be wise is to be an optimist, all things considered.

Sorry but not sorry bois.

Hurr if ya say so

>no guise optimism is actually all the good things because I said so in some quasi-inspiring language

T. Neitzschwit

Same can be said of the other poster whomst I failed to quote.

Kant- and Greekswit if anything bucko

>I like thing A, it's for smart people
>I don't like thing B, it's for stupid people
Wow, you said absolutely nothing of value. Good job.

>The Greeks is one person

Now I know you're an asshole

A lot of latent fascist opinions show up in his late work, so I don't think he ever quite shook it off

This guy is /ourguy/

Pessimism and optimistim are ridiculous ideas when further inspected. Both ideas are subjective; they are based on individual preference. A more useful dichotomy would be wishfulistic and realistic.

Good post. I come to Veeky Forums for these type posts.

I don't trust anyone who uses those terms.

Wishfulistic and realistic?

well idk about your terms but i agree with you that the first two are shit.

>pesimism
>pathological compassion

Cioran literally thinks that if you haven't had a saint-like dry spell you aren't enlightened.

All of you need to read "The conspiracy against the human race" by Thomas Ligotti. Perhaps then you might see that optimism vs. pessimism isn't just "lol that's like, your opinion man".

So?

Now i can feel less virgin, right?

As long as optimism is a refuge for lovable fuckers

Virginity is a state of mind.

Nope, sex is necessity.