How many of y'all actually DON'T think you're secretly the next literary genius of the age but nobody pays attention to...

How many of y'all actually DON'T think you're secretly the next literary genius of the age but nobody pays attention to you because you're just too advanced?

Bro, probably half the reason anybody writes is because the want to be heralded as a genius, its good motivation.

Well I don't think so because I haven't published anything yet.
But don't worry, I've already chosen the title for my manifesto.

what is it

me
i just like reading

good title

i'm well aware i have no insight of my own

trick is to plagiarise very well

I'm not the next literary genius, but i will be hailed as one anyway

No, but then again the notion of genius is ridiculous, and will hold you back. Try working for what you desire.

I don't think I'm a literary genius or anything, but I do have a lot of shit I want to write - which, each time I delve into it, I come away realizing I need to read more first.

I think Im the next Lovecraft: great ideas but utter shite at writing.

I don't think I have any virtues desu

It's nice to fantasize for brief periods of time.

im way beyond giving a fuck about that childish shit. achievement is for plebs like money is for poor people.

*mic drop*

>the notion of genius is ridiculous

How do you figure? Do you not think there is such a thing as genius?

how poorly read are you

Quite well read. Just interested in this guy's (your?) opinion.

I only write for fun, and my writing is inspired by pulp fantasy novels. So I know I'm not a genius. Honestly, if you spend time thinking about how brilliant your writing is you're probably a pseud.

This is why you should have an actual career besides writing.

The trick is to learn multiple languages in obscure disciplines so you can cross plagiarize.

I don't even write but rest assured that if I did it would herald a new age of Australian literature

i think im worthless but writing is a form of escapism that i only share with two people. maybe one day ill commit suicide and be praised after one of those two people publishes my shit

I'm definitely not a genius. I know for a fact I'm a fucking idiot. I'm just interested in eastern philosophy and want to know why they preach all this enlightenment stuff. Sounds fucking cool if you ask me I want to try it.

be careful with these kind of threads.
they might rip apart the very fabric of this board's reality.

kinda hyper aware at all the things i dont know/ havent read. desu im intimidated by this board because everyone seems to be "in" on a literary canon that i haven't even brushed. really prevents me from even trying to participate and i just kinda lurk here occasionally

Well, I know I am not the next genius, but I write just to try to tame my thoughts, or to try to convey what I am thinking on paper.

I dont even like reading or writing I just like this board

i am filthy monolingual scum.

delete this thread IMMEDIATELY.

Listen up, chucklefucks. You lameheads who think you're the next big deal? You're not. Know how I know? No, you don't (see what I did there? Of course you don't). The reason I know is because I am. I've more greatness in my little finger than all of you combined.

You've more greatness in your little asshole than all of Veeky Forums combined.

Greatness of dick.

I don't write, so no, I don't think I'm going to be the next literary genius.

Me. I could ever here for decent recommendations and memes. I can't write worth a damn.

>I could ever here for decent
>I can't write worth a damn.

what did he mean by this?

That was actually autocorrect. I meant that I come to this place for recommendations and shitposting. Not whatever the fuck my phone spit out.

Fuck off, phoneposter.

I only phone post at work and for what it's worth its over WiFi so NipMoot can bannu if he pleases.

I know for a fact that i'm pretty average, and i'm okay with that. Just because i'm average doesn't mean I wont write something that isn't beautiful to me.

True pseuds make posts about how they're not pseuds

I honestly just hope I'm good enough for TV

Lol

Me. I don't even like reading.

Once I pin down the intricate connections between light novels and ancient greek philosophy I'll write my magnum opus and all you brainlets will weep before me.

I used to think I was, but then I found Veeky Forums and they memeforced me into reading people who are truly great like Pynchon.

I know that I'm stupid as fuck but sometimes I like to fantasize for a little bit even though I know it's never going to be a reality.

I know I'm shite, and I stopped writing years ago.

I write stuff that's fun and mostly accessible with some other shit you can read into it if you want to but it's not really important.

I know my writing is no where good enough. But my ideas are somewhat interesting. I feel like i can build something. I just need to keep at it. Mayhe it'll happen, maybe it won't.

good title!