Give me one good reason why you don't always have these in your house

Give me one good reason why you don't always have these in your house.

I'm broke

I do.

because I prefer chives

>he doesn't have a plant of green onions/scallions growing them for free

They spoil really quickly and I don't use them a lot.

Put them in a glass of water in a windowsill and they’ll continue to grow, then just use them more.

Because I run out every few days

Because I live in an apartment and can't grow my own. Walmart doesn't sell them either. It's a shame because I really like them, and growin up they grew like crazy in the lawn.

They go bad in like 5 days, and I only use them about twice a month
Or I could just buy them at the store
I'm grateful there's no wal mart in my city, it seems to ruin places

I eat with the season, and they can't be "in season" all the fucking time.

He eats one green onion per month and thinks he is a farmer

Severe onion allergy.

they sprout really fast and turn into a disgusting gooey mess after only 2 weeks

I buy when I'm making soup, grilled cheese, loaded fries or omelets, i use a few then throw the rest away because they are 33c a bunch and I. use them almost exclusively on fatass food once a month

I eat the whole bunch in like one meal.

Peppers and spring onions are the two vegetables I always have in my fridge

Spring onion is amazing.
Fucking love them in a salad or tuna pasta bake.

I do.

In Aus, they sell them at every supermarket, and its like $1.50 for 6 large ones. Cheap as fuck.

how is 2 weeks is a short amount of time for produce to hold up? the only thing I'll buy knowing they're going to sit around that long are onions, carrots, and potatos.

Because even though I'll take sweet over savory any day, these bastards are my weakness. If they're in the house, they're in my belly, raw, with garlic and a splash of lemon. Can't stop, won't stop.

Because they grow in a pot outside the door...

they wilt in my fridge

They go bad quicker than regular onions, and I only buy them if I'm planning on using the bunch within the next few days.

I use leeks if I'm making a pot of soup or something, scallions for rice, salads, tuna salad, burritos and the like.

I don't have the space to grow them fresh and their fridge life is shit compared to how often I use them. What I cook is mainly based off of how well it reheats or how long it stays fresh.

They’re all over my lawn. I didn’t even plant them, they’re just there.

>Walmart doesn't sell them either
?

But they do