Raisins

Let's talk raisins. For me, it's golden.

Other urls found in this thread:

browneyedbaker.com/filled-raisin-cookies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't stand raisins fsr.

bitch you don't even know

the children have arrived

I used to always eat raisins as a kid. What's not to like? It's basically candy.

Raisins are nature's candy. Except on Halloween. Then they're grounds for an egging. Pic related, moon drops are the best grapes.

>nature's candy
Somebody would like to have a word with you.

most kids hate raisins

jumbo crimson

Recipe please?

Golden Raisins, soaked in white rum and then baked into a carrot cake is god tier.

>One pound raisins, any color
>Red wine to cover
>Half cup vinegar
>Grated pepper and pinch of salt
>Steep over night
>Blend in food processor until smooth
>Add red wine if needed to allow free movement in food processor
>simmer in pot, very low heat
>simmer until soft and jammy
>add red wine as needed to keep soft

>put into jars and use for sandwiches or dressing for turkey, pork etc.

Sultanas are great, but I prefer currants. i can't think of one instance where I would choose regular raisins over currants except for cookies.

For me it's Bang's, the original east coast club sandwich

found the communist

golden raisins, bourbon and fresh ginger make a bangin' compote for roasted chicken.

Great now I can't unsee it.
I'm calling it bangs near other people and starting arguments about it just for you.

>Most kids
Most kids aren't fatties raised on nothing but processed foods who are afraid of fruit

>ywn eat fresh Tunisian dates during prime season as dessert at a local restaurant after a meal of roast goat

Why live?

what's your favorite recipe?

Retard here. Arent "normal" rasins red?

Is this mincemeat? or is that similar? because that recipe sounds so familiar

I don't know. I've never made mincemeat. I just use it like any other kind of jam. But it's really rich.

OK, so I just looked up mincemeat recipes. They all seem to call for suet or fat. So I guess mine is not mince meat.

But, I'm glad you mentioned it, because the other thing they call for is brandy and lemon/orange which I hadn't thought of. So, now I have new ideas.

Thanks.

In my experience raisins are so dark as to be bordering on black. But I'm sure there are regional differences depending on what kind of fruit they come from.

they are filled with too much sugar.

Like many foods I've eaten so many times as a kid, I don't care for raisins. Still on a ~30yr burnout of cereal, pbnj and oatmeal.

All of my nieces and nephews love raisins.

but barg's

Buy the regular, unfilled ones.

Those are Bam dates from Iran. You should go there before relations get worse.

I like raisins alone, with other nuts and sweet pastries

Together with cheese and meats however, they immediately make me gag.

browneyedbaker.com/filled-raisin-cookies/

this one looks right, you could really use whatever fruit, but it's traditionally raisins. They're pretty common in parts of UT, even local supermarkets will bake them along with their usual cookie varieties.

I really like these hydrated versions.

Glad to hear that user

where can i get some real raisins and not shitty sticky osmotic raisins?