Good cookware advice

Guys, I want to buy my mother something nice this christmas because all she has is a set of farberware shit but don't know what to get her
The bolts loosen every so often and have to be tightened, and that strips them to the point where it becomes ragdoll-tier
Not to mention the knife set couldn't cut tomatoes if it wanted to
What do you guys suggest?

Other urls found in this thread:

iwantoneofthose.com/cookware/tefal-ingenio-starter-5-piece-pan-set/11559281.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=USD&shippingcountry=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh_CgpLvO1wIVBxxpCh2nAA3OEAQYAiABEgJnAfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CK6vuqi7ztcCFQZCAQodD9wPZA
centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/
chefschoice.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=W4SitQ0cknc
a.co/3HXnbtd
a.co/dV7yi4d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've had a set of Tfal non-sticks with a removable handle for years, still works great. The handle clamps on so you can stack them for storage. 5-piece starter set goes for $89.99 or so.

iwantoneofthose.com/cookware/tefal-ingenio-starter-5-piece-pan-set/11559281.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=USD&shippingcountry=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh_CgpLvO1wIVBxxpCh2nAA3OEAQYAiABEgJnAfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CK6vuqi7ztcCFQZCAQodD9wPZA

centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/

chefschoice.com/

inb4 cast iron and freehand spergery
>implying op's mom is going to want to play with shapton stones and the hanging hair test just to not have butter knife dull cooking tools
>implying chef's choice isn't more than enough for the average person
>implying nothing at all is better than using non-sperg-approved sharpening methods

I have one of these, does that count?

Probably not, unless it's diamond impregnated in which case maybe. Diamond steels are an alright option in a pinch. They can be used on fairly dull knives and will bring up an aggressive toothy edge that won't last long but it's easy to just bring it back with a few swipes

But even a diamond steel is "too complicated" for a lot of people which is why machines like the chef's choice exist. Just stick it in the slot and pull through slowly and let the motor do the work.

Also just throwing this out there but how old is your mom and how set in her ways is she? Putting a sharp knife in the hands of someone who has been using dull knives for decades is very likely to end up with someone needing stitches. That's why I never offer to sharpen knives for my family even though I'm a total sperg about it at home. Also my mom won't touch my knives when she's over, she's afraid of them. They'll slice through a thumbnail and leave a glass-smooth facet and you won't even feel it until the cutting board is covered with a pool of blood.

Don't listen to anyone telling you "a sharp knife is safer", they've obviously never handled an actually sharp knife.

I think she'll be 50 next year
My old lady isn't afraid of sharp objects but dicing fingernails sounds terrifying
I've let her use my knives a couple times however, she's not exactly a novice

49 = young enough to fuck = young enough to get used to sharp knives.

I say get your hot mom a chef's choice. They probably won't be "cut through a fingernail without even noticing" sharp, but it will be far better than whatever she's using now, not to mention more practical than buying new knives that will just get dull soon anyway.

It's not that the knives came dull as a plank of wood, it's that the knives started out sharp but then dulled over time
I will look into it though, seems like something a mom would like

>it's that the knives started out sharp but then dulled over time
that's how knives work, user. you're supposed to sharpen them. most people don't, but that's not the knife's fault

buy Chef's Choice, now with more Trivox™
youtube.com/watch?v=W4SitQ0cknc

a.co/3HXnbtd
I'd go with the stainless and just buy a single non-stick skillet but some people like to have non-stick everything.

What's your opinion on a.co/dV7yi4d ?

what the fuck is this shit, are you guys just spamming affiliate links?

Just public lists so you don't have to spam links for each individual item.

I don't see any oven safe temp ranges which worries me.
Set's are usually not a very good deal. See what your mom actually needs and buy individual pieces.

>Set's are usually not a very good deal. See what your mom actually needs and buy individual pieces
WTF, individual pieces are usually WAYYY more expensive than sets. Most sets are decent enough, if you absolutley have no use for it buy another one.

not OP, but thank you. I'm gonna do that for my mom.

This

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I will 2nd his suggestion to avoid sets.
Sure, they are cheaper. But they usually stick you with silly sizes that you don't want. Also, there is no one brand who is best at everything. When you buy just the pieces you need you can get each one from the company who makes the best one. Or you can choose which has the best value for money if that is more important to you.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but:
Those are very good value for money. My only gripe is that the size of the fry pan is a bit silly. 9.5 inch? Who wants that. 12" is much more practical.

They're 100% metal, user. Obviously they are oven safe to temps well above anything you'd be cooking with. You only have to worry about temp ratings when there are other materials like plastic or wood involved. Those are metal with metal lids and metal handles. Perfectly oven safe to any temp.

I dislike tfal, the coating is fragile and once it scratches your food basically becomes toxic.

I prefer ceramic for my non-stick, it's fragile and takes a while to heat up, but it's as non-stick as anything and incredibly easy to clean.

Circulon for the saucepans.

Even metal cookware can be damaged in the oven. Different metals expanding and contracting at different rates. Quality control issues with impact welding etc.