Strange fishes thread

Just got back from the supermarket (I'm in Canada, so this is all from the Euro' import aisle and new to me).

>"Riga Gold" sprats in oil, from Latvia
>cod liver (in its own oil), from Iceland
>"tea meat pate", from Croatia

The first I assume is just smoked fish. The cod liver I've seen promoted on Veeky Forums before. There was also "cod liver and roe pate" of the same size/brand for just slightly more, not sure which is better. The "tea meat" I have no idea WTF, bought it because of the mystery.

I'm pretty interested to know what tea meat pate is.

I wish pate was more popular in America.

If the US is like Canada there are lots of delicious liverwursts available all over.

The supermarket where I got this stuff, while a smallish discount one, has multiple isles of imported stuff from around the world (and all of it very reasonably priced). A whole side of an aisle of European, another of South Asian + Mexican, and another of East + Southeast Asian. In the Euro aisle they must have had 40 kinds of canned pate (most of it looked Russian / Eastern European), including fish pates.

This "tea meat" - there were multiple brands of "tea meat" - says it's pork, 'pork fatty tissue', various spices, msg and sodium nitrate. Should be tasty.

You've done good, user.
Riga gold is just about the best canned fish you can get.
Podravka stuff is generally okay , but don't expect too much.
Unfamiliar with the third product. Hope it'll be good.

>Podravka stuff is generally okay , but don't expect too much.
What is a better brand? (if this stuff turns out OK). They had a couple brands of canned pates that seemed Eastern European.

Sardina, particularly their Adriatic Queen products.

The tea meat is basically potted meat from what I can tell.

the first one with black bread...it's grrrreat!

Riga Gold is decent

I've loved cod liver oil the couple of times I've done it

fried it on a hot pan until crispyish, added some finely hacked onions and garlic and plenty of salt and pepper, served on crispy toast

the downside is that your kitchen will smell like the cod liver for about two weeks afterwards

sprat + breadslice + mayo

Do yuropoor really eat this garbage?

I bought this for the holiday.

I used to like Podravka's tea meat pate as a kid, somehow the taste got worse over the years, or my tongue just can't take it anymore, now it's just chicken pate or nothing.
If you can get your hands on their beef hash I highly recommend it.

baltic fish is like 2% PCBs by mass, I assume nobody in this thread is planning to procreate. there’s a reason it’s all exported and they don’t eat it in scandi countries, only poor shit holes like belarus

Are you gross Eurofuck who eats this all the time or Americuck who's just curious what shit tastes like? Cause you could just eat shit. If latter, post vid of results.

The latter. Need to get bread and snaps for the full experience.

All three of those brands and products are pretty good. I like to make fish salad with the smoked sprats, like you would with tuna or something. Just pinch off the tails and loosely crumble the fish and add red onions, celery, green onion, pepper, and your choice of mayo. What do I know though I'm just a Veeky Forums fag.

The liver is normally eaten cold uncooked, right?

LMFAO!