Amerifat here, I gotta go to London on a business trip...

Amerifat here, I gotta go to London on a business trip. Can any Britbongs recommend any good restaurants that the locals enjoy? I've heard of the burger joint by the name of The Patate. Have any of you been? Is it worth it or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

meatliquor.com/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Amerifat here, I'm going to a different country on the other side of the ocean
>Now where can I get a burger?

Jesus christ stop letting the side down man.

have that popular breakfast item where they throw a bunch of fried shit on a plate. it's supposed to be the epitome of brit cuisine. what's it called again?

Srsly tho.
Indian food and fish n chips is god tier.
Also you could also go for traditional like sunday roast and pies.

>fried shit
>epitome of brit cuisine
curry

>London.
I feel so, so, so sorry for you.

Go into Soho and have ramen at Tonkotsu.

If you're feeling like having some meat in a punky-esk place try Meat Mission or one of their other places meatliquor.com/

Get a pickle and cheese sandwich. Or any sandwich. Even the Brits do bread better then we do.
Check out one of that bigger street or farmers markets for some Damn good food.
It's been a while since I've been but if they still have middle eastern dudes with sausage carts stay the fuck away. They are filthy.

God you Americans are fucking tiresome. London is widely regarded as one of the best food cities in earth.

yeah having 500 different choices of mohammed meat is really the epitome of fine dining

Go to Pret a Manger. Great sandwiches.

Greggs sausage roll?
Cheeky nandos?

Dunno really m8.

British food:
Great Queen Street
Blacklock
Social Eating House

General:
Southbank Food Market/ Borough Market
Dishoom (covent garden branch is best)
Talli Joe
Golden Dragon for Dim Sum

That's enough for you to stay entertained

Literally can not stop thinking about us.

London is fucking massive, you need to be a bit more precise

>Southbank Food Market
I really hope this is a joke

You probably wont get anywhere near any actual residents and if you do it'll be a chinese millionaire or smelly hipster from a 20 share flat.

The surrounding 30 miles is overpriced shit with pockets of niggers and pakis.

You're more than welcome to come up to the glorious North East though.

A mcmuffin? They are a yank import, friend

Food in london is overpriced and barely tastes any better than other parts of the world.

Find an old school pie and mash shop though with jellied eels.

Delicious and filling and uniquely london you wont find anywhere else in the world. Also fish and chips.

Tourists like it, OP is a tourist (basically). You could equally go
>Borough food market
Because any central London food market is just a tourist trap

Five Fields in Chelsea, and Marianne in Notting Hill. If you want a steak, then Gaucho in Sloane Avenue.

>glorious North East
No

>sunday roast

This is disgusting. Served better quality food by the side if the road in Afghanistan.

Brits are literal shit eaters.

Indian, Chinese, French, Italian, Thai, American, Mexican... London has all types of restaurants and many of them are world class. Just remember never to attempt to eat actual bong food.

>meat and veg in a seasoned sauce over starch served by bong
>PIG DISGUSTING
>meat and veg in seasoned sauce over starch served by Indians
>A MASTERPIECE
hmmm

The angry Americans in this thread are just salty because they can't shoot someone while waiting for their food

Cue the bantz!

Future mass shooter right here.

This.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy fuck, what's he going to do drink Nukie Brown while waiting for the snow to thaw? Might as well hop to fucking Liverpool and Manchester and get everything fried at a chip shop.

Unique, yes. Tasty is debatable.

Remind me which meat is at the side of the road in Afghanistan that the scavengers pick at? Is it the corpses of blown up American soldiers? Don't get all angry about it Cletus, you can always fire a few rounds into the sky while waiting for the next tornado/flood/mass shooting/president to wreck the joint. You only have to wait 3 days at max.

Calm down, Muhammed.

sunday roast disgusting?
its a giant hunk of meat oven roasted with vegg and gravy?

Are you retarded its one of the single best things coming out of the UK.

>Anybody defends the UK
>Angry american calls Muhammed

Don't you have a flag to wave and a school to shoot up?

You are becoming unhinged achmed. Are you teeth hurting?

>Achmed

I'm surprised you managed to formulate a sentence considering how stifled the American education system is (or as the rest of the world like to call it: volunteer firing ranges).

But let's talk about what you're doing after school. Going to get something to eat and get shot? Going to a concert and getting shot? Walking down the street and getting shot? You've got a lot of options there buddy.

Enjoy your KFC tonight.
And subsequent getting shot at.

If you're after a burger in London, try Honest Burger. It's decently priced (one of the few where chips come with the burger, not ordered separately), good food and there are a few of them dotted around London.

Failing that, Patty & Bun is another great small burger chain in the capital. If you can't find one of those, there are a ton of Byron's which aren't bad.

If you're after something slightly fancier, Hawksmoor's bar also serves a pretty great burger.

OP, burgers are not to be ordered in all of Europe with just a rare exception. Indeed it is not good that it's #1 on your bucket list there :/ It's something for you to do when you've got lack of choices at hand and it's that, fish n chips again, or pizza. It's just the fallback food. If you want amazing burgers, it is back to the US for you, and ideally a steakhouse or a elevated burger joint grinding it on the premises and not adding anything to the meat as filler or "flavorings" like the rest of the world, LOL. Also raw british beef is a food safety no no, and rare is the norm.

Anyway, the famous food markets is one way to graze at some of the distinctively british craft foods they are known for like amazing dairy and cheese products, drinks, yummy pastries jams and jellies, fresh seafood items, pies to end all pies, and some pub foods. You'll get it all. Just google food markets London to see which is closest, like borough market.

Some of the best things british are breafast, lunch and tea dishes. Full english breakfast, fussy little sandwiches and pastries, ploughman's lunch, scotch eggs, stuffed to the gills jacket potatoes, amazing pies, fish n chips. Get that out of the way at least once. The evening is slow foods, fussy stuff that took a long time to prep and make, aged beef and other roasts, salmon, lamb, shellfish, simple farmers market to table very fresh vegetable sides. Of course there is the asian connection, with the british colony expats and travelers alike that relish jamaican food, indian food, chinese food. Get that. I'd stay away from other world cuisines, really only likely to disappoint compared to what you get at home. When you go indian order everything, all the pickles, all the breads, all the condiments. If they don't offer anything like that? Wrong restaurant. Cheap takeout in London is really bad.

>british beef is a food safety no no
There are usually a few over a million cases of food poisoning in Britain per year.
There are seventy-six million cases of food poisoning in American per year.
The last cow to be found carrying Mad Cow Disease in England was in 2004.
The last cow to be found carrying Mad Cow Disease in America was in 2012.
It's good that you're giving user some opinions and suggestions about food, but keep it to opinions, because statistically speaking he's more likely to get sick from American produce than British.

Eat here, best Chinese in the city. Best to get there early otherwise you'll have to queue.

>raw British beef is a food safety no-no

Is that a mad cow disease reference? I'm pretty sure that hasn't been relevant since about 1999

If it is it isn't even very helpful, the most infectious parts of the cow are the brain, spinal column and other weird parts, that generally get made into shit like cheap sausages and other processed products. And cooking it thoroughly isn't a reliable way of dealing with it either.

SINGAPORE
FUCKING
NOODLE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA

>only just found out there really was a Chinese restaurant in Soho called Lee Ho Fook's
>it closed down about 3 years ago so I'll never be able to try the beef chow mein

There's no need to blow up like that.

>Also raw british beef is a food safety no no,
This is coming from the country where chicken is required to be chlorinated to compensate for poor hygiene standards in the supply chain?

Fun fact: people who have lived in the UK are not allowed to donate blood in America because of BVE.

Go to a chippy and get fish and chips

Pick up the Michelin guide
It depends on what you're after but here are some that I love and may not be so famous
Seafood:
Sexy Fish (Mayfair, pretty pricey but phenomenal food and a ridiculous Jap whisky collection)
Wright Bros (the South Ken one is a really cool intimate spot, serving world class oysters and seafood)
Bonnie Gull (Soho, pretty casual but really well done and great staff

Classic
Chez Bruce (Wandsworth, probably my favourite place south of the river. Classic french with just enough modern to keep things interesting. Wonderful service, presentation, atmosphere, and price.)
Rules (Strand, The oldest restaurant in London, very game focused menu - which is excellent year round, and unsurpassable in season)

Modern
Trinity (Clapham, is a very very impressive spot in south London with highly original dishes that span the breadth of classic, modern, and internationally inspired cuisines whilst remaining firmly British at its core. A lesson in gastronomy and a nice part of town)
Sketch, the Lecture Room & Library (Mayfair, very very impressive modern takes informed by the french classical tradition of Gagnaire, and very reasonably priced for the two stars it has quite rightfully earned)
Cub (Hoxton, very contemporary styles and dishes, some of the combinations really blow the mind and the idea behind it is as original as it is fun )

Italian
Murano (Mayfair, the dishes are Anglicised, but the method is old school simplicity and freshness)
Sartoria (Mayfair, very nice lunches and an impressive wine list, calabrese cuisine)
The River Cafe (Hammersmith, legendary Italian institution with a wonderful location, impeccable service, a very serious wine list, and many a modern classic on the menu. Somewhat pricey)

This is as well as the obvious classics like La Gavroche, The Ledbury, Petrus, Maze, Dinner by Heston, and countless others

>tripfag
filtered. also tl;dr

that wasn't fun at all