I've never had real queso, all I've had is melted plastic cheese mixed with spice and it's really turned me off from it...

I've never had real queso, all I've had is melted plastic cheese mixed with spice and it's really turned me off from it. I want to experience real queso, how can I do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIxxGY8Bnlk&feature=youtu.be&t=27s
amazon.com/Rosarita-Nacho-Cheese-Sauce-Pound/dp/B00FRFSB0O/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1511306886&sr=8-3&keywords=nacho cheese
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Look up a recipe and make it. It's melted cheese and spices. Adjust to your particular tastes

Go to a decent tex-mex place.

You'll only be disappointed. It's a lot more soupy than you might expect.

Real queso is made over a flame or in an oven using a mix of usually asadero and some other melty Mexican cheese, with grilled onions and hot peppers in it. Sometimes there's meat or seafood added as well. I love plain queso flameado, but my most favorite is queso del Mar, with spicy grilled shrimp added to it, and flambeed at the end with a little tequila or other Mexican liquor.

No, it's not. At least, not if it's made right.

>queso

Literally just fucking means cheese in spanish

Just say nacho cheese you pinche gringos

Right doesn't mean what you enjoyed, Midwestern man.

> being this out of touch

If it was too soupy it just means you didn’t make enough roux faggot

Why the fuck do you assume I'm Midwestern? I've never even been there, you fucking echo chamber fag.

Quit speaking wetback

You don't use roux, goddamn it. You're not making fondue.

>flyovers arguing over who can ruin food more
>they think queso means hfcs slurry

>quit speaking wetback
>says queso

You probably pronounce it Kay So dont you, you stupid cracker

No, that's what you think it is, most people know better.

This place near me has queso fundido which is basically cheese and chorizo, it's fucking amazing

I don't care about how you pronounce words in your bastardized Spanish, beaner. Besides queso is American.

>bastardized spanish

You fookin srs m8.

>queso is american
The dish? Made on american soil yes but with the hands of a mexican. Regardless saying fucking "chees" for a specific recipe is still retarded you angloshit

This is wrong as hell. Queso is most commonly made with melted Velveeta cheese. Matter of fact Chipotle tried using real cheese for theirs and faced a big backslash because people are used to the fake stuff.

Don’t buy queso fresco and try to melt it. It won’t melt. It is fucking delicious to just use as crumble cheese on tacos though.

Go to geocery store to buy cjeese made from whole pasteurized milk

Queso its just cheese. And melted cheese its not American

hello.

While this is by no means the best queso out there, it is surprisingly good. One of our friends cooked some ground chorizo then added those two, it came out really fucking good. Of course we were a bit drunk but still.

oh my god
i just realised
for the last little bit I've been thinking "whats this cheesy gooey taste I've been craving" and out of desperation I decided I was just eating doritos while having a fever. But NO! SUPERBOWL A FEW YEARS AGO THE PASTOR MADE A KICKASS QUESO! THANK YOU Veeky Forums!

You are going to trigger the yurotards who can't afford this stuff

>team sports as a major life event
>”pastor” like we’re supposed to know who that is
F L Y O V E R

>yfw velveeta is $8 bucks now

Toronto, my parents are just best friends with the minister and his wife. He smokes his own wings in one of those massive egg grille things.

tried Chipotle last week because for some reason i remebered it being awesome in my college days. ordered a large queso expecting gooey taco bell nacho cheese.

gritty, salty oatmeal flavorless gruel.

that big block should last you a month unless you are a fat fuck

Is $8 for two pounds of cheese alot to you?

I ate a block in a week and I'm not fat at all. It's more of a diet food because it has less fat and calories

you didn't even melt the fucking cheese why even bother

It's probably not even allowed to be sold here, because it might be deemed unfit for human consumption...

How retarded do you have to be to not know who a pastor is?

I know what a pastor is. I don't know who he is. do you have a name?

It's not that hard to figure out that user knows a pastor and ate his queso. Get your brain checked user. You might have a case of the dumb-dumbs.

I realize that, user. I'm not the person you were talking with before.

I'm a new poster who is making fun of you for confusing the term "who" with the term "what". I'm pointing out your idiotic grammar that makes my swastika spin.

300g cheddar cheese
300g whole milk
12g sodium citrate
1.5g shmp
4g salt
jalapenos to taste

combine and heat everything but the jalapenos to 165F then blend then stir in jalapenos cut to your liking.

Cmon dude of course I melted it. I'm not a barbarian

No it's protectionism. You cheese industry would go broke if American cheese food product were sold there and you would have to start bragging that you have the highest rape rates in the world

please dont tell me thats fucking ketchup

you know what even if it isnt, you unironically made me feel sick, that looks disgusting

cheese dip is one of the reasons I love going to mexican restaurants. and is what I judge a mexican restaurant on returning. after asking some of the local (oHIo) ones, they say it's white american and green chilies.
don't make a roux
add a lot of onions. most spots around here don't and that sucks.
here's what I do
get a pound or two of white american from the deli counter
roast 4 jalapenos on the fire with your stove top. cover them or put in a bag for a few minutes to let the charred skin come off easier.
while your chilies are in the bag start your chopped onions in some lard or butter.
season them with salt pepper and cumin
just sweat them, don't put color on them
after they are sweated turn the heat to low so you can prepare the jalapenos. take that blackened skin off with the back of your knife. either take all the seeds and viens out or leave some for more heat. chop those up fine.
add them to the onions. turn the heat to medium and cook for a few minutes add a can of green chilies too if you want (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) they don't add much to the final taste honestly.
add about a cup to two cups of milk depending on how much cheese you intend to use. and heat it up on medium heat
when you see it getting hot and steamy turn your heat down to medium-low
I add two or three cheese slices at a time, and wait a minute or two. then stir and then add more cheese.
add more cumin. when your happy with the amount of cheese. check the consistency. you may want to add more milk
final step for me is to add about a quarter to a third cup of fine chopped cilantro. not a lot it can over power the dish.
I've made this many times and I love it

Babby pallet detected. When you grow up you will learn to try foods before sperging out

>I add two or three cheese slices at a time

If you're melting cheese then why are you fucking around with slices? Buy the cheese in a block and grate it. It melts much easier.

because that's an extra step and extra pain in the ass dish to wash.

ah yes im sure i've got alot to explore in pasta, ketchup, black pepper and cheese product

Fair enough. I'd rather wash the grater than stand around waiting for slices to melt, but to each his own I suppose.

Fuck off swine, chipolte queso is good. 10x better than that fake shit taco bell puts on its dog food

>creme fraiche
>red cheddar cheese
>spices like paprika or cajun
>add a pinch of garlic for taste

you can even use a microwave.

right. plus I don't have a box grater. only a salad shooter. that's an even bigger pain to wash.
also I wanted to add if anyone does make this style of cheese dip. remember you can add milk at the end, but if you added all your cheese and it's to thin, there's not much that can be done. except for adding roux, cornstarch slurry or going and getting more cheese. so use only a little milk at first.
also I've tried "better" cheeses and they are either gritty or not tasting right. the white american is perfect

You can also use cooking creme. Creme Fraiche is obviously thicker.

>Using milk

Don't do this.

Velveeta queso IS the flyover bastardized version of real queso. In Tex Mex restaurants, even the ones owned by mexicans with limited English, if you order queso, you get melted white Mexican cheese with grilled onions and peppers in it. That Velveeta ggarbage is for fat white flyovers who can't cook.

>Be Amerimutt
>Dislike real cheese
>Restaurant uses real cheese in 'queso'
>Sue them
>Get shot

>my third world CHEESE SAUCE is better than yours hurr durr
what a world, what a world

No wonder 'cheese' is so cheap

You sound like an idiot.

go eat some queso you mutt fuck

>Stop liking what I don't like
Moron.

>third world
you have no idea what that word means

Oh no I definetely like the cheddar cheese sauce you were talking about.

Yet I will piss on you for calling it 'queso' and for using fake cheese in it, and then calling this superior to real cheese.

>muh cold war trivia
>muh dihydrogen monoxide
>le sheeple are intimidated by my iq
kys

lol okay, Pedro

It legit isn't allowed to be advertised or sold retail in the UK

>haha look at those poor fags! They can't afford this fine product!

>gains 20 pounds

You don't even know who the fuck you're taking to, do you? Are you drunk or something? Just shut up or learn to follow the posts.

Well for one we don't have any way to verify who we really are, or who's making posts.

Again, eat your queso.

Goddamn, you're dumb.

not an argument mutt

Frank is a homo

ok if i live in sweden where we dont have velveeta, what can i substitute it with

>all I have are regurgitated Penn & Teller's Bullshit! memes from 2006

>goes to fast food place
>expects it to taste good
>"Wow it tastes like ass! Who would've thought?"
You're a special kind of retard aren't you?

its tasty but it gives you the shits

Here's a guide for you
youtube.com/watch?v=qIxxGY8Bnlk&feature=youtu.be&t=27s

Move from your third world country achmed

amazon.com/Rosarita-Nacho-Cheese-Sauce-Pound/dp/B00FRFSB0O/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1511306886&sr=8-3&keywords=nacho cheese

wait, ketchup, pasta and velveeta? jesus christ.

Yep, it's not an argument, you're just fucking stupid. That's a statement of fact.

jeesus that portion size

Just so everyone is clear here.
Tex-Mex queso and nacho cheese are two different things.

Nacho cheese is usually made by emulsifying cheddar or jack cheese and then adding jalapeño juice/slurry.

Queso is more like a fondue and often contains cilantro, tomato, diced peppers, onion, and even meat.

i have no idea why someone would need that much queso sauce but it does at least look tasty and legit.

This is what real queso looks like. Don't be fooled by the white trash Velveeta bullshit. This is what you should be trying to achieve, this is real Texmex queso, pic is from a Texmex standard that's been around over 40 years, Fonda San Miguel.

Shame it looks like someone vomited in the skillet.

You have no taste, so your opinion doesn't count.

>properly browned cheese and salsa
>vomit

Go back to your trailer, Cleetus

I'll pass, what is that black shit? the one on the bottom right looks like burnt sausage and the one near the middle looks like grime from a filthy kitchen.
plus the cheese dip I get or make doesn't need a spoon, tortilla chips work just fine

>vomited in the skillet.

That's how you can tell it's authentic Mexican.

The spoon is there because a table is sharing that, you mong.

I see you didn't address the main problem with it. the various black shit. I'd be appalled that a cook sent that out and a server brought it to the table

>all I've had is melted plastic cheese
yep, you've had authentic queso

It's overly-browned sausage.

>6 fucking pounds of "cheese"
>still scrapes the lid for every little morsel of "cheese"

>overly-browned
you sound like my mom when I was a kid, bad excuses are like overly browned quesos. everyones got one, except for me. you know why? 'Cause I had my tray table up and my seat in back in the full upright position

You sound like a fucking idiot.
You also sound like you don't realize that pictures taken with someone's phone in dimly lit restaurants don't always portray everything accurately. You don't know whether that's overcooked sausage or not. You're just being a little bitch.

>You don't know whether that's overcooked sausage or not.
I do know that the sausage is straight up burnt
>You're just being a little bitch.
No, I'm high on pain meds, don't get all pissy on me
but seriously if a restaurant tried to serve that to me, I'd leave and never think about going back

Pussypants.