What advice can you offer me on tea brewing?

What advice can you offer me on tea brewing?

>filter your water
>use the proper water temperatures for the type of tea you're brewing
>don't over-brew

>don't use scolding water
>move your teabags in and out through the water to release more of the tea leaves juices
>obviously, make the tea the color you want and add sugar in smaller amounts till you get it right.

I've been doing this long enough that I can just eyeball the perfect amount of sugar I'll need for me.

Obviously not long enough.

>using teabags
>using sugar
At least you don't use milk.

>use boiling water straight out the kettle
>milk goes in afterwards, not before

>le "supreme" tea brewer of Veeky Forums

I wish you faggots would just die already

>Don't use tea bags

How do I brew a good cup, then?

he's right. your passive aggressive little quip doesn't change that fact

the sugar thing is whatever, different strokes and all, but teabags are factually an inferior product that sacrifice quality for convenience. they're fine if you're in your cubicle at work but if you're serious about tea, loose leaf is the only way to go.

Loose leaf in one of these.

get decent loose leaf tea and an infuser.
do yourself a favor and get one with the smallest/tightest mesh possible to avoid smaller leaves spilling out.

use filtered water. dont boil it, take it to the point juuuuust before it boils (alternatively boil and let it cool) and then infuse.

you can either use a pot or infuse directly in the cup, it doesnt make a difference aside from presentation.

I like my tea strong, but it's up to you. about 3 minutes of steeping is standard.

Twinings loose leaf is the best bang for your buck if you're new to loose leaf. You can get it at cost plus world market or look it up online. when you're ready for more in-dept stuff ask again here.

>living in a shit part of the world where your water needs filtering
>notamemberofsoftwatermasterrace

look at the bottom of your kettle, if it isnt spotless your water isn't that great.

I live in one of the cleanest water areas in the world and in the country pleb. Try to keep up with your flyover hard water that leaves deposits on the kettle.,

Those are pure cancer and never use one.

If you so desperately want to strain the leaves out, use a real strainer AFTER the tea's been brewed in the pot.

Sorry not everyone adheres to your big guy cock standards, but like you quoted, some people prefer conveince over "authenticity" of your tea leaves. You can think whatever about that I honestly don't care but the other guy if he seriously believes that sugar in tea is wrong he should probably khs

Sugar in tea isn't wrong, sugar in general is. Enjoy the obesity.

>seriously believes that sugar in tea is wrong
it is not wrong, it just makes you look like a tasteless child that refuses to consume anything not sweet

>in a thread specifically asking about better ways to brew tea
>offer subpar advice
>gets called out
>infantile retorts

excellent contributor. enjoy your lipton sweet tea

If it comes from a bag then is shit
Only add water to your tea
When brewing give your leaves enough space to expand
Use the correct temperatures for each type of tea
Buy good tea and learn how to identify pleb bait
Laugh in the most pompous way you can
If you dare to drink iced tea then get some plantations and niggers to work it first

add popcorn to your tea

how shallow is your palate that tea is too bitter for you?

My best advice would be to untuck your ballsack, throw away all your tea and fairy tea accessories, and get some coffee

Such a great idea. You should do it.

Where do you live? My region literally sells water to Michelin Star restaurants, but our tap water is still much too hard. Tap water quality also depends heavily on many different factors you're probably forgetting. Like living in an apartment building.

It's mainly about the water being too hard, which is a serious issue for folks like me living in the fricking Alps.

Use a thermometer and timer, at least until you've learned the timing for a specific tea. A French press coffee maker is better than a teapot.

None of this matters if you're using teabags.