Why can I never find boneless, skinless thighs at my grocery store(s)?

Why can I never find boneless, skinless thighs at my grocery store(s)?

It's always boneless, skinless breasts, but never thighs. What gives?

You live in a shit area with shit grocery stores
OR
You live in a shit area with no butchers.

Either way stop living in a shit area.

>Green packaging.
>Leaf.
>Oscar Meyer packaging.
That shit looks sickly, and the name turns me off.

You live in an area with a low concentration hipster faggots.

I live in one of the top rated areas of the country you fuckin' pleb.

Sure you do.

Clearly the ratings mean very little given that you seem unable to get a very common food item.

The refined palates that choose thighs over the flavorless breast want bone in and skin on since that increases the flavor even more. Paying extra for someone to remove flavor is something only a soccer mom or Veeky Forumstard would do and they think thighs are icky poopoo anyway.

I just want to slow cook them and don't need the bone and skin.

try amazon fresh

Sometimes you're cooking stuff that doesn't need the skin

Yea but in the event you don't need the bone it's a hassle to debone it

why are you on a cooking board if you can't cook?

So not liking to debone thigh somehow means I don't know how to cook? Nice logic ya got there

No, thinking "it's a hassle" implies that you're either not very good at it and it takes you an unusually long time, or perhaps you can do it fast but you find basic ingredient handling/prep to be "a hassle". Both of those things point to being an inept cook.

He's kinda right though, deboning a bunch of chicken thighs for a soup or gumbo or whatever is a huge pain in the ass. If you're just making chicken and like one side at home it's not a big deal, but I suspect you actually might be a shitty cook if you haven't had the shitty experience of deboning dozens of thicc thighs.

I've deboned plenty of chicken (I worked in catering to pay my way though college). It's not hard unless you're just learning (or you have a dull ass knife).

I find them at my local, made-for-poor-people grocery store easily...

Try Wal-Mart

I want boneless, skin-on chicken thighs but I've never seen 'em. Also, I want to buy some chicken skin by itself. I don't know if it's possible.

>Also, I want to buy some chicken skin by itself. I don't know if it's possible.
I don't think so. I've never seen it sold like that, anyway.

You can actually buy frozen blocks of packed chicken skin from most large meat suppliers

You can buy chicken skin by itself, but it's difficult to find it. In my city most supermarkets don't have it, but there is exactly one which does. And it's only at one of their locations. The other 3 stores of the same market chain don't carry it.

The issue with chicken skin is that it has a very limited market so it often ends up being thrown out, or sold for making fertilizer, pet food, etc. If you can't find any locally then call whatever local company raises chickens in your area and ask 'em what happens to it. If they aren't throwing it out they can tell you who buys it, and then you can get it from them. Or just ask if you have a nice butcher in town.

Thanks

> boneless, skinless

It's like you hate flavor

>Shitty processed meat packaging
>"Family farms", "vegan fed", "antibiotic free"(you can't legally use those, all chicken is)
>4% retained water
>Skinless
>Picture of cooked thighs show nice crispy skin
>Probably uses shitty chemical to keep meat pink
Gross