Guys, I have a two pounds block of this stuff, any ideas on what I can use it for?

Guys, I have a two pounds block of this stuff, any ideas on what I can use it for?

put it in a bowl and microwave until you can eat it with a spoon
enjoy

Eat it by the block. Like a man!

A paperweight

I bet it'd be pretty good melted on to a baked potato
How did you end up with two pounds of it user?

working on my night-cheese!

>How did you end up with two pounds of it user?
those are the sizes sold at sams & costco, sometimes they get dumped at walmart

boil some cauliflower and make a nice cheesesauce.

Mac n cheese for Thanksgiving

How make cheese sauce?

Doesn't mean op had to buy two pounds, thought it might have a more interesting story

I ate some with crackers but I feel like it could be used better

put cheese into a blender and it will liquefy

Make béchamel and melt cheese into it.

Low-med heat stove top, get some milk hot, and add in the grated or sliced cheese. Keep it moving, don't want to burn it. Add more milk to thin it, or flour to thicken it until it turns to a nice cheese sauce.

Muchos gracias

That guy's order of operations is a bit fucked.

You want to make a roux (melted butter plus flour), then add milk (making it a béchamel), then melt cheese into it (making it Mornay sauce).

This, but make sure the heat is off when you add the grated cheese, otherwise it will go grainy. Cheese does not like heat.

That's a fucking awful recipe.
If the cheese melts well (OP's cheese does not) then you melt the cheese and stir in a little milk or cream. Adding flour to thicken near the end should be avoided, that just makes lumps.

If your cheese doen't melt well, like OP, then you make a roux first, add milk (this is making Bechamel) then melt the cheese into that when you're done.

Never add flour at the end unless you want lumps.

You can keep it on the heat, just don't have the heat too high. If you get it too hot it will split on you, but that doesn't mean you have to avoid the heat entirely.

It would be a temp control that I would think is out of OP's ability. On heat off heat...etc.
It would be safer if OP (who doesn't even know what is in a cheesesauce) to turn off the flame.

Safer, sure. But it may not even work. Depending on how big a batch user is making, and how thick/heavy his saucepan is it's entirely possible there isn't enough residual heat in his dish to melt all the cheese.

You don't need to fuck with on-and-off the heat. Just set it to "low", Christ.....

>Safer, sure. But it may not even work. Depending on how big a batch user is making,
why would think he would make a big batch? c'mon. there will be plenty of residual heat in the bachemel.

This. Melt a Tbsp of butter over med heat and had a Tbsp of flour. Whisk it together until it bubbles and moves smoothly around the pan. Then SLOWLY whisk in a pint of milk, if the milk is cold it makes this harder, so take your milk out an hour or so before doing this. Then bring the heat down and slowly whisk in finely grated cheese. There, you have mornay sauce. Now fold that into your macaroni with some lightly sauteed onions and seasoning, top with bread crumbs and bake.

grilled cheese
quesadilla with eggs and ham for a quick breakfast

>why would think he would make a big batch?
You seemed to fixate on a single item out of a list of several variables we don't know.

>> there will be plenty of residual heat in the bachemel.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Before I started buying decent cookware I had many thin-ass pots that would hold no heat at all. If, like many people, user has a thin pot then there will be insufficient residual heat to help with melting any of the cheese.

make mac and cheese in a slow cooker. Cabot is my favorite cheese for this.

boil the pasta first. then put it on low heat in the slow cooker with the cheese, and some cream cheese as well as milk, and salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.

for real, it's patrician mac and cheese.

>ike many people, user has a thin pot then there will be insufficient residual heat to help with melting any of the cheese.
this is false. the BACHAMEL, the milk and roux, will be hot enough to melt the cheese.

How do you figure? Many cheese sauces contain several times the volume of cheese that they do bechamel. The tiny amount of hot roux and milk is a drop in the bucket compared to the cheese. Or are you talking about adding just a little cheese to a bunch of Bechamel? Sure, that would work. It would also be a pretty crappy sauce.

Lol wtf this is terrible advice

I guess you add store grated cheese straight from the fridge. That's the only think I can imagine.

eat it you fucking mongoloid
here are some options:
bite the brick like a man
put it on crackers and microwave until melty
eat with sausage
chop into little cubes and dump into macoroni
deep fry
>t. wisconsinite

I love buying this stuff. and never thought to do anything other than eating it in small pieces and savoring it slowly. maybe once or twice I put it on a burger. but it's pretty strong flavored for burgers

Shaving

Cheddar pizza.