How do you feel about Yelp? Is it a good way of finding decent restaurants or not?

How do you feel about Yelp? Is it a good way of finding decent restaurants or not?

more than half the population are fucking retards, OP

multiple times I read reviews black people made complaining about perceived racism in chinese food places

stacy got btfo.

korean bbq places are always based

After serving a few years before graduating with my degree, I can say without a doubt there is nothing worse than yelp. Every complaint the store i worked at ever got was a fabricated lie because they didnt get their sushi comped after eating 3/4ths of their sushi roll before realizing they didnt like it. So many people try to get free food, and when their obvious ploy didn't get past my manager who didn't stand for that shit, the customer would be sure to tell him that they would be giving us a terrible yelp review.

This is only 1 reason why I think yelp is shit, I could go on but this always got on my fucking nerves like you couldn't believe.

Yelp is just a place for butthurt people to cry and try to harm a business they feel has wronged them in some petty way. You dont really need to read the reviews, just squint and if there are enough bad ones its probably a shithole.

Yelp is fantastic not for the reviews but for the pictures people post. You can really tell how good a meal will be on how good it looks. Is the burger bun toasted? burger meat crisp and a little pink? cheese melted good? Is the ramen broth thick with oil on top? All im trying to say is pictures of food makes a world of difference and can give you an idea about what to order, what not to order, and portion sizing.
Also if your planning a hot date, knowing the decor and the best seating could be good to decide where to have a date. Knowing the parking situation is pretty cool too.
How else are you going to know all the best spots, your friends only know so many places and arent always everywhere

The problem with Yelp is that there are no standards for how the businesses are rated. So you have no idea whether the reviewers' sensibilities line up with your own. I've seen one and two star reviews of places for transgressions that wouldn't have mattered to me at all. I've also seen a lot of four and five star reviews of places where the food isn't really good, but obviously people who don't notice that had a good time there. So I don't put a lot of value on Yelp reviews or ratings. If the place has a dish that's particularly popular you can find out from a quick scan of them, but that's about it. The site is useful for restaurant hours, links to menus and contact info.

loves to travel and get spitroastied slag btfo.

Is that dude drunk

The owner could do with some practice on his banter, but that slag bitch had it coming.

>perceived
The zerg have no compunction treating apes like apes

The overly simplistic, shitposty nature of his reply is what gives it its charm imo.

Her review was not that harsh, she gave a few criticisms about the food being too oily. "Joseph" needs to cool his jets and redirect some of his repressed mommy issues elsewhere

return to your protein shake.

Bad air circulation is a big problem for a restaurant

I said return to your protein shake.

Especially if the restaurant is oily

I've only ever considered writing one Yelp review ever and it was for my favorite Thai/Viet fusion restaurant, that had excellent food quality, big portions, and all of it could be had as cheap as about 7 dollars.

I've literally never had a bad meal there

Too bad it's been replaced with a shitty shitty pizza joint

This is my problem with it too

I ate at some family owned diner in St Petersburg FL a few days ago, great little place and all the staff are family

>lol why didn't they serve me how fucking dare they

>shit quality skin with red blotching
>fucked hairline
>problem glasses

Looks like vegetarian. I also didn't think people actually showed up 15 mins before close.

This

yelp seems to mostly exist as an outlet for butthurt people to "get back" at a business or employees of the business after they feel they've been wronged. I worked as a cashier at a grocery store and some dude who's other reviews are mostly accusing various other businesses of being homophobic towards him left a one star review for the store calling me out by name three times in his review for doing the unforgivable act of telling him my lane was closed because I was due to go to lunch. on the same page someone uploaded a picture of one of my coworkers working not realizing she was being photographed with the caption "nasty mouth on this one". I don't get why yelp allows users to review employees of a business, neither of us even still work at this particular store but the reviews still stand.

This is why I stopped caring that people take pictures of their food and post them on social media, it helps me and otherwise is harmless if dumb, so whatever

>houston
seems about right

>typical greasy spoon
>hash browns were greasy
>2 stars

she is retarded

I read reviews at yelp and other places, but really take it all with a grain of salt.
Some of them are just ridiculous. Someone going to a nice sit down restaurant that serves "ethnic" food, and complaining that they didn't have tendies and shit for their 3 autistic kids. Seriously, just take them to McShits, not a place where adults go to eat non-bland cuisine.
i've also seen people rate cafes in small towns 5stars, even though the food is mediocre at best and extremely overpriced, simply because they went to school with the owner or something.
I usually filter to read only the negative reviews, since they're the most honest. If someone says something like "my steak was pink in the middle" etc, I know its probably actually good, even though they were trying to complain and gave the place 1 star.

This. It's not about the reviews it's about the other stuff. Also the price guides are cool. Sometimes you think a place looks casual and cool and then you get there and it's over $30 a plate for like fucking soul food or something.

>gives it an overall good review, she didn't like one menu item but no problems otherwise
>2 stars

>Joseph K
Isn't he supposed to be on trial? Why are we just letting this man roam around freely?

>excellent food I love it here I will tear out my fucking teeth and drag my bloody gums through and ant hill if I can just get one more bite of that delicious food
>1 star