>Read Tolstoy
See the beauty in life
>Read Shakespeare
See the beauty in life
>Watch Sam Hyde
Emulate Sam Hyde in life
>Read Seneca
Emulate Seneca in life

Anyone else? Is it better to stick to a certain mindset (or ideology) or be tossed around until you stick to one? Tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com.mx/books?id=A9i-DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=james joyce government pursuit&source=bl&ots=MOsl62yH8y&sig=h6Phl6IP-ZQtIP2MaMoEagnS5N4&hl=es-419&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQsueZ7_rUAhWLzIMKHQvuD7IQ6AEIRjAF#v=onepage&q=james joyce government pursuit&f=false
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/essays/chapter3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tips? Drop Veeky Forums before you emulate some ironic shitposter and get clocked.

Aurelius to Seneca is sort of full circle anyway. Stoicism is the best way to be.

>Sam Hyde
Smirked at this one.

thanks bros.

I had a feeling stoicism was the right one, especially given my nature.

OP you have perfectly summarised my plight. Every one of these views, and more, feels like a harsh attack on me.

A lot of today's propaganda (not even views) are subsidised by corporations and the pseudointellectuals on lit repeat it. "Only a work endorsed by a multinational publisher and available in all good book stores can be of any worth!"

I am under attack by everyone. I feel so crushed by this even when I know they're talking shit. I trust my views but still feel awful about it. I know I find continent philosophy 99 % worthless trash in its masturbatory investigations of subjects that could OBVIOUSLY never be known a priori, yet still feel guilty for not reading it.

quality pasta right there

>read books on law

Understand what people will do and for how long for a whole lot of money.

Any recs? Pretend I know nothing (because I don't).

Just go look at high profile law cases where the plaintiff won a huge sum (usually a settlement because the defending entity can't stand the embarrassment) and you can see many examples, especially contemporary. There are some people who have made quite a bit of money simply because they had the wherewithal to deal with a situation until the other side couldn't.

Stoicism works until you actually encounter suffering.

I'd say it just didn't work for you then.

Or rather, you didn't work for it. You were too weak for Stoicism. Its alright. Not everyone can handle it.

yeah it's called embracing the deep inner void of uncertainty that the entire world is predicated upon and than either killing yourself or becoming enlightened

>>Read Joyce
>Emulate Joyce in life

The one who is truly dangerous.

I thought the point was to improve and expand your mind? Taking into account the views, experiences and conclusions, considering them yourself. Not blindly emulating anything. At least this is what Veeky Forums taught me.

That's very disingenuous to claim. Maybe for some it will, for others it won't. Maybe it won't work very well but at least help a little bit. Depends on who you're reading, how you reason and develop it, what situation you find yourself in, and who you are in general. I think a rough and damaged sort of person, already used to the pain and disappointment of life (indeed, never having been outside of such a life) would gain a lot of strength to endure through stoicism. If not strength, maybe some measure of contentedness or peace.

u should be aulatzchyospyda by now

In before the government suppresses this.

i am a very immersive learner I guess. Either that or I don't have a solid mind of my own.

pls expand.

books.google.com.mx/books?id=A9i-DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=james joyce government pursuit&source=bl&ots=MOsl62yH8y&sig=h6Phl6IP-ZQtIP2MaMoEagnS5N4&hl=es-419&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQsueZ7_rUAhWLzIMKHQvuD7IQ6AEIRjAF#v=onepage&q=james joyce government pursuit&f=false

ur the amalgamation of all these individuals

Read DFW and emulate him by kys

not even joking, when I read DFW (especially IJ, and i've read it twice), i sink into that mindset. Whenever I get high (rarely) I end up feeling like I need to be more sincere because of all these anxious thoughts, and if I'm around someone it's obviously 100x worse. The Ken Erdedy chapter is almost spot-on, and later on when he's forced to hug someone at AA it reminds me of my mom who hates hugs and who does prescription drugs.

>Is it better to stick to a certain mindset (or ideology) or be tossed around until you stick to one? Tips?

How much time do you leave in between reading books?

Have you tried approaching literature as a discussion with an author and their ideas rather as some arcane guide to life?

Schopenhauer has a good short essay/aphorism on the issue you face

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/essays/chapter3.html

Is it better to stick to a certain mindset (or ideology)
thats pretty fucking spooky

On the other hand (writing with respect to the first two commentators) Mike Tyson said 'everyone has a plan until getting hit in the face.' The luxury of being able to glide from mental set to mental set argues against having had any real experience with actual suffering in life. This poster's point shouldn't be under estimated.

Have you heard of Gabriel Tardé?

>Read X author, think like X author
Stop being such a weak willed faggot where you believe everything you read, and let it have profound a effect over your life

>saving the thumbnail
Lurkmoar, newfag