Why do some alcoholic beverages make you puke when it's all just ethanol?

Why do some alcoholic beverages make you puke when it's all just ethanol?

You could get sick and puke from any number of factors, ethanol is just one out of a whole bunch.

You damn well know the answer to that.

But what about vodka and whiskey? The only real difference is some wood flavoring, right?

you already know the answer
a) congeners
b) you drink faster/slower and/or an empty/full stomach and wrongly associate how shitty you feel with what you were drinking rather than how fast alcohol was absorbed
your thread is garbage and you are garbage for posting it
don't @ me b/c I'm passing out after my third bottle of cheap wine, faggot

>I'm passing out after my third bottle of cheap wine, faggot
el oh el

Sure. And that 'wood flavor'--which contains hundred if not thousands of different chemical compounds--could be a trigger for making someone puke.

But why would I puke up vodka when I usually drink rye?

the added flavorings and/or impurities make it harder on your liver, that's why

but why did i puke vodka when it's basically water ans alcohol and not rye?

How is she so ugly

maybe you should be more specific?

You do know ethanol is also used as a cleaning solvent right? It's a toxic poison. I'm not saying its inherently unsafe to consume, but its not something the body was "born" to consume per se. We've culturally come to enjoy its effects, and have even found ways to make it palatable, but its not difficult to fuck up and let the toxicity win over the palatability when making a drink.

You could also just be a massive pussy.

>toxic poison

Because some liquors are distilled differently and mixed differently so the body will digest them differently. You'll also unknowingly be drinking them differently

She has youthful features, which while attractive, can be a little boyish.

because you're a faggot

You underaged or something? Of course it is. I didn't say its automatically lethal, but yes. It is toxic to the body, thus liver failure among other organ damages when consumed to excess over long periods of time. That is the nature of poison.

I am saying this as an actual alcoholic. I fucking love the stuff, but it wouldn't give you a hangover if it wasn't poisonous. This is common sense shit.

Look up the definitions of those two words

That's as meme worthy as saying different liquors give you different buzzes, absinthe will make you trip, or that alcohol being a depressant means it makes you feel depressed. All of the above is mythical bullshit, as is the contents of your post.

I’m triggered
Vodka is made from grain or even better, potatoes
Whiskey is made from corn, wheat, rye, or a few others I forget
Either you’re trolling or you’re confusing whiskey for gin.
Either way you are a homosexual

I seen a how its made on whiskey and all they did was dilute some pure alcohol and put it in barrels.

I wouldn't go that far but people will digest something higher in sugar such as rum compared to say a rice/potato based vodka.

>or a few others I forget
Malted barley is a big one. Single malt Scotch is 100% malted barley.

No they didn't. Even whiskey that has never touched a barrel tastes different than vodka. It's colorless at that point, but it isn't vodka.

ethanol irritates the lining of your esophagus, stomach and even small intestine. ethanol itself is probably the prime reason you puke. alcoholic beverages can contain a wide array of congeners (shit that isn't ethanol or water) in varying amounts, and one or more congeners isnt agreeing with you.
i prefer clear liquor and can't stand any kind of malt liquor, the congeners and flavoring agents don't react well with my stomach

Vodka make me sick yet Rum does not. Makes no sense.