Al/ck/ general

Getting things done and sobering up edition

Well guys. Those tall boys I broke down and bought turned into a few tall boys and a bottle of wine. Missed my 2nd job interview this week.

Really really thinking about killing myself. Life is bullshit. Alcohol should be illegal. Don't drink. Ever.

I'm really fucking dreading thanksgiving.

I think I'm just going to skip it and get drunk at home, I can't even drink If I go to my parents house...Because I have to drive back home. It's a fucking waste of a holiday that I could be spending getting shitfaced and doing dabs

something something alcohol something something cancer

I'm probably going to skip it because I feel like such an embarassment to my family even though they love me.

>I feel like such an embarassment to my family even though they love me.
extremely relatable

didnt turn up to work today because spewing bile all morning after non stop weekend binge and not eating.. managed a walk to get some fresh air, 7pm and only on my 4th beer, made a nice healthy veg stir fry for dinner.. just really hoping to stave off the withdrawals so i can at least sort some shit out 2mo ... shaky feels bros

>store out of all small heavy liquor bottles
Great how will I hide my drinking from my parents now

I'm sure you'll figure out something. Just fill up random containers with booze. I.e. vodka in a water bottle (or mixed with anything). Get a plastic bottle of coke, get rid of half of it, fill it up with your booze of choice.

>buy handle of vodka
>put in empty water bottles
>throw away handle before you get home
>walk to your bedroom
>??????
>profit

I'm entering into a boozier realm where I start to drink as much wine (mostly) as I can to relieve me from anxiety and emptiness. Started to drink at work since there is no one to monitor me. I only feel link drinking wine and shitposting after work if my best isn't around, and even if she is I feel the need for some booze to be able to express myself and not be an awkward wreck. It keep me from thinking and crying when everything seems so fucking grim and tasteless as of now.

Pills keep me away from gout crisis, but as soon as I'll have to go to see the doctor again I want to ask for something less harmful than alcohol to handle that. I given up and accept being a frail little shit, but I fear I won't have the balls to talk to the doctor about my anxiety and lack of well-being and keeping relying on alcohol, putting my already fucked up livers at risk. Reading stories on here to keep my at safe distant from being too dependent on alcohol. I don't romanticize that shit, it's just a tool for me.

Red wine is my beverage of choice. It warms and relax me, it's cheap and potent enough for a bottle to last a night and half a day.

Sorry if it feels blogposty.

>it's cheap and potent enough for a bottle to last a night and half a day.

You are not an alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination, You probably are just a boring woman who enjoys the attention of going to AA meetings or pretending you have alcohol problems and are edgy.

No alcoholic on earth only drinks a bottle of wine every 2 days and has a drinking problem.

>no silhouette
>one fuckin job
Will newfags please refrain from starting threads?

>tfw moderate drinking succesfully
>still get nothing done
it's all so tiresome

Some people weigh 90 pounds and cry themselves to sleep on 2 beers. Some people can't live without those 2 beers. They might not have seizures, but watch them suffer when you take those 2 beers away.

>going to spend wednesday, thanksgiving, and the day after with friends getting drunk and high and playing video games

looking forward to it

people handle amounts of alcohol differently my dude

not just built up tolerance but physical size too

These AA meetings are filled with youngsters who think they are drunks because they drink a beer after dinner although its not the weekend yet. Kids. Thats what these are filld with.

Bitch cunts it takes years and years to get dependent on alcohol. Twenty five years of drinking and youve earned the title alcoholic. Keep posting le beer so hangover lol fuck family dinners crap over and over and over like a bunch of absolute shit stains. Or quit with this bullshit and do something real. These threads are the worst

can you fagots just put "al/ck/" in the OP and not just the title? this thread slipped past my filter.
thanks.

I'll show you who the drunk is!

*chugs*

>tfw starting a water fast today
>know I'll want a reward beer when I go back to eating, even though it's a terrible idea

I'm nearly 25 and have drank just about every night since I turned 21. Thank god I'm not withdrawing, but the psychological aspect will fuck me up I'm sure.

That will be up to 6 bottles until friday, and my goals don't include being shitfaced and pissing myself into my sleep. I could handle the whole bottle for this night and still stand without troubles, but what would be the point?

>moved to new state
>weed is illegal
>tfw no weed dealer
>have only been able to quit drinking by smoking

Welp, i guess I'm back in the gang lads. Only a matter of time before beer doesn't cut it and I'm back on the vodka

sorry for the bad op
i dont think i should have ate lunch because it all just came back up anyway
shitting and vomitting it up

>Getting things done and sobering up edition
I wish.

thought i was doing well to kick the daily vodka habit by moving down again on to strong beers and cider, but a) the stack of bottles are a gigantic pain in the fucking ass to dispose of and b) extra sugar, carbs and hops are making me fat as fuck. dammit. also reading loads of people saying they piss themselves in their sleep, never even in the worst of my years of 1L-vodka-a-day stupors have i ever pissed myself in my sleep, seems odd. not somewhere i ever want to be.

just wait till you shit yourself in your sleep
not full on shitting but some diarrhea for sure

Pissed myself in bed 3 times

I blamed my dog for it, and I live alone with my dog. I know it was me but I still punished him. Im a mess.

I've just fallen off the wagon and it feels wonderful.
I feel blessed.
I feel like I can feel again.

where do you live?
I wish to report you to animal protection services

1600 Pennslyvania Ave.

also for a bit of thread interactivity, how did your al/ck/ problem start?

I got my first job at 18 in an off-license (liquor store for burgers). turns out free booze, staff discount booze, having the keys to access booze 24/7 plus being surrounded by booze for hours at a time and being able to drink at work don't make for the development of healthy life habits.

wierd i never seem to wet the bed on beer.. went on a rum blackout a couple months ago and wet my mates new bed, she was not happy, especially as she had just got it because she had broken up with her ex who had a problem with the bed wetting... gah i hate being a degenerate loser

>be 16 never really cared for booze just used to smoke weed
>start getting crippling panic attacks not rly sure why
>end up hardly being able to leave my mums side
>start going to the pub with her in the evenings
>rural pub so they serve me if i am sitting with my folks
>manage to hold down job but slowly building up tolerance
>eventually lose job and go full al/cky
>been in detox and hospital a few times now
>havent held a job down for more than a month tops
>currently waiting to go into a 3 month rehab program
> 32 now by the way

ask away, i have way to many storys to tell

ever suck dick for booze

na. i quite often steal though. no idea how i have got away with lifting so much booze and not been busted

Got a free 6 pack at kroger the other day because they forgot to scan it and put it in the bag anyways. I was pumped, but felt like a nigger walking out of the store. But I mean hey, I didn't even steal it. They clearly gave it to me.

current conclusion is that strong cider drunk is more comfy than strong IPA drunk. hops flavour is fucking gross after a few, bloats you up like shit and all the estrogenic side affects of hops turn you in to a fucking faggot over time

Anyone else wake in severe pain pretty much all over? I spend about 15 mins uncontrollably moaning in agony every morning. It slowly fades, but until it does I can’t even get out of bed

the beauty of britbong land at christmas time is they pile crate after crate of it in the doorway, actually they do it in summer for the football aswell. dont even have to walk inside just grab as much as i could carry and walk off.. my other fave is grab a crate an walk over to get some smokes from the little kiosk in store, put crate on floor, they automatically think i have paid for booze, pay for smokes and walk out.
only time i have ever been busted is when i got lazy and hit the same store for like 2 weeks in a row.. fat security guard collars me and says come with him, i say ok and hand him the 2 crates, then bolted because he now has his hands full + fatty so no chance catching me, yea im not the brightest really am i

Do they have Kroger’s in brigbongia? Am a burger and it’s strictly a northern thing.
I got paid to shoplift once.
>18
>buying trashbags with my last $7
>woman approaches me in uniform
>”sir would you mind trying to steal something?”
>literally reply “I’m not fucking falling for that.”
>”no, really I’m a manager and we are trying to see if our self checkout employee is paying attention. We’ll give you a $10.00 gift card if you make it past him.”
>”so what, like you want me to try and steal these garbage bags, or like a pack of gum”?
>she replies “how about a six pack of beer?”
>hard mode
>dude isn’t paying attention for shit
>bretend to scan
>walk past
>make eye contact the entire time
>leave store
>drop trash bags on the floor and spin around in “victory circles” for 30 secs in front of cameras
I got free trash bags that day. Sadly, they took the beer back. It was 6.99, so I just opted for the gift card instead of running with permission.

Theres kroger in Kentucky

Yeah that’s still northern for me. I’m a soflo faggot and I cry about Publix when I see a Kroger.

haha sounds pretty fun..

erm na no krogers... but we have a place called asda (which i know has been bought out by walmart) most supermarkets are pretty generic around here though

i went through a stage of putting ink cartridges in mushroom bags (which are all brown) and weighing them on the self service tills, often used to get out with £70 worth for like 30p then sell them on ebay.. hit 3 stores a day and you are on £200..

but like i said i got lazy / dont give a flying fuck anymore so just tend to walk in and take whatever booze i want.. wish rehab would hurry up before i get arrested..

>be me
>6’3” with gf, house, and pets
>know how to use an oxford comma
>blonde, blue eyed, and told that I’m handsome throughout life
>strong jaw
>don’t even go out to fuck grils because gf
>still succumb to this fucking life
What the fuck even is the point of anything. I’ve got all anyone ever complains about, and still fucking do this to myself.

Having"everything" doesn't guarantee happiness, user. You have to look deeper. Happiness comes from diwn inside. Also, one of the great fallacies of human kind is believing that we should all be happy most of the time. Happiness is fairly elusive and comes in small bursts, not extensive periods of time. If you feel like you have it all, outwardly, then it's time to dig deeper.

>about to drive to McDonald’s and just fucking lean into today before I’m too drunk for fast food
>checkers send me coupon for free mozz sticks
>they have walk up windows open till 3am
‘Bout to get crazy drunk and go spend $12 at checkers later, thanks for deciding my destiny, world.

doesn't make a fucking difference son. I somehow still work a $150k a year job despite being a rabid al/ck/ in my 'downtime'. Surprised I haven't been fired yet but it's been about 4 years so not looking any worse than the norm at this point. Stuff and money doesn't make you happy

good luck with rehab user
it helped me a fair bit, i do quite well in a structured environment
then i left and fell off the wagon and here i am vomiting and shitting again

>be 14
>be European, so start drinking with friends
>pretty quickly binge drinking
>have always had mild social anxiety, so drinking makes me feel so much more comfortable
>at some point (16/17) also start drinking alone once in while
>start drinking alone more often
>move to different city to study, not really any friends, drink alone regularly
>tragedy happens, drink to cope with depression
>drink daily, studies are down the gutter
>have no idea what I really should do with my life
right now I'm doing a bit better, but it comes and goes

more like not getting things done and alcying up

haha...

cleaned my room and car today.
feels good boys

I wonder what it is that separates a moderate drinker from an alcoholic? I drink to alleviate some of my problems, but I can go a week without alcool easily. Same goes for the myriad other drugs I indulge in daily, barring a few withdrawals here and there. I have tragedy enough in my life that it coild warrant drinking to excess, and yet I rarely ever drink myself into a coma to forget the pain. Is it a genetic factor? A specific reaction in the brain to alcohol? Or is it a simple lack of ample tragedy? Are my problems simply not bad enough? What makes and breaks a man?

Moderate drinkers don’t drink in the morning
>solved

>Is it a genetic factor? A specific reaction in the brain to alcohol? Or is it a simple lack of ample tragedy? Are my problems simply not bad enough?
Some of it is epigenetics, some of it is character, some of it is who the fuck knows and some of it is denial. I don't know what your situation is, but it sounds like you do like to have a certain drug induced crutch to help you get along. I think it's stupid to judge a person by that, we're all here for our reasons and equal in our degeneracy, dunno.

started out that way this morning
quickly turned into the same

>know how to use an oxford comma
Immediately fucks up on the next line

Switch to xanax. Easier to conceal, doesn't smell like anything, and is basically the same thing. Plus. you might be able to get a prescription for it.

>tfw have a bunch of klonopin and some ativan but they never seem to do much for me
alcohol always hits me hard though

This isn't your blog, and you aren't an alcoholic
>muh pills
>muh red wine
>muh able to afford a doctor

You should actually take this advice
because you'll probably mix the xans with the wine, black out at some shitty indie show, "get raped" by a numale, and then cry about it on your blog.

You gotta take a whole bunch and then drink on top of them. One beer magically becomes a six pack. Just don't try this with hard liquor.

yeah i took a kpin after running out of booze and not being drunk enough
passed right out

>scored new job with great benefits
>was before and still am drinking wine everyday

Trump was right. Don't smoke drink or do drugs

I just buried my cat. I had her for almost half of my life. I got her when I was 18, and she died when she was 17. I'm drinking a 12 pack of Bell's winter white.

I thought a 12 pack of beer would be sufficient to deal with the sadness of this night, but I'm close to finishing it and idk.

Trump is /pol/ was right again: the person

no, he used an oxford comma on the next line....

>I'm tall and probably fat and ugly bu my mom told me I'm handsome
>I have everything

when my cat big ramona died, i was fucked up for years
she was my bestie, no kidding
good luck

Damn RIP dude, I love cats

How fucking stupid are you, brobe?

>closest liquor store not only has alarm tags, but alarm tops on their bottles that go off if you try to fuck with it
jesus
guess their was alot of natives just saying fuck it and chugging bottles in the store

4 months sober after 12 years and my apartment is starting to look like a home!

>they love me
you should go, not everyone has that

I can feel the anxiety coming on strong, gonna be a long sober night

Heeeeeeere weeee goooooo

>Spirit free since 30th of October
>Beer free since 13th of November

Bored out of my fucking mind

I still miss my cat who was born in my house and lived for nearly 20 years. She was there from when I was in elementary school all the way to my first career job after college. I feel for you user

Picked up some Kerrygold and instant coffee on discount.
What are you drinking tonight, al/ck/?

0% of this post is true

Has anybody heard from the jello guy in the other thread? What about the suicidal guy?

Did they died?

three weeks brehs. outlook slightly better than after two.

Nice going. Every hair on my body hurts. My teeth hurt. I've vomited 6 times from anxiety. I'm short of breathe.

12 hours into being sober. I better fucking last longer than 48 hours this time.

Do you brush your teeth or just let 'em bleed?

Brushing teeth is a scam. Toothpaste fucks with the PH balance in your mouth and makes it easier for plaque to grow.

congrats, it's really such a toxic lifestyle when you're home is absolutely trashed

really hard to get into a positive mindset at all

and the mess just builds up more and more

t. currently cleaning my absolutely trashed house slowly step by step

>no silhouette
Abandon thread.

why are people so pedantic and petty about who creates threads

keep it up user I'm rooting for you

I usually don't get drunk on holidays when I'm spending time with family. Not out of shame or anything like that but I actually love them and they make feel comfortable so I don't feel the urge to drink to relax around them.

Damn, you're already at the point where you clean out their weekly stock all by yourself?

Get a good therapist to work through the anxiety. Ideally they won't immediately put you on drugs.

Cheer up lad, I know that realizing you are not part of the Bavaryan master race is devastating but you gotta make do.

I used to always feel like I'd get a new lease on life when I took empties in for recycling, but lately I've discovered that one grocery store has bags with the handles on the ends, not the sides, of the bag, which makes them almost perfectly square when they're full of cans, which makes them stack
so not sure I'll be making any changes until they reach the roof this time

day 2 no booze...

im an emotional fucking wreck i cant leave my bed and i cant stop crying and i cant stop thinking about suicide this is horrible

I shit the bed last night.
this is a new low.
Stella always gives me the shits but I can't stop drinking it.

where does this magical mystery tour end?

maybe I should just eat more fibre

I use "grounding2 techniques.
name 5 things you can see, 5 things you can hear, 5 things you can physically feel, what you can smell, what you can taste....then 4 things you can see, 4 things you can hear etc etc.

then i do breath following excersises.
notice the feelings of air being drawn through your nose, how it fills up your diaphgram and how it feels when you exhale.
When I feel settled I read a nice book. I'm on gulivers travels at the moment

You may have bigger issues than alcohol

LOL

So instead of going back to school (college, before anyone says some shit) the last two days I just drank and ate garbage and watched anime or read VNs. Idk why I just receded so much. I guess I'm trying to hide from reality and responsibilities. College isn't even hard. Idk what I am thinking.

I don't recommend going on sprees with coolers. Hard to down a lot of them, they're so sweet. But I wanted to try something new.

bump