Never had Ramen, what Ramen does Veeky Forums suggest for a first time?

Never had Ramen, what Ramen does Veeky Forums suggest for a first time?

Other urls found in this thread:

glebekitchen.com/2017/04/13/tonkotsu-ramen-broth-home/
publish.illinois.edu/japanesefood/other-soupbase-html#shoyu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a bullet

Nihon pho paw-ha rammen desu

I go to a local place to get ramen, really I'd recommend just finding a small and highly rated shop. Load it up with anything that sounds good. I suppose get tonkotsu ramen, that tends to be the best without being overpowering.

>part vietnamese/japanese

Garlic pork belly.

>pickled ginger costs money

Shit restaurant

tonkotsu, best wintertime ramen.
or just make a chashu porkbelly and marinated eggs, and use them on a wide variety of different broths

I eat marachan every day of my life

The bowls come with pickled ginger, that's just if you want extra. Same with the eggs. You can read it up in the ramen descriptions.

What parts are Vietnamese, and more importantly who cares if it tastes good

I could be wrong but it seems like only the name is part Vietnamese. And they tell you on the menu that's it's kind of a pun.

Tonkotsu is usually the favored ramen of Westerners (probably because it has lots of fat in it). If you're feeling adventurous though try shoyu ramen.

so soy sauce flavoured broth is more adventurous than porkfeet,chickenfeet etc cooked on a rolling boil for 14+ hours? thats silly

For a westerner not familiar with a soy sauce based broth but familiar with chicken and pork based broths, yes it is. Are you daft?

i bet most westerners consume soysauce about 500times more often than a porkbroth. leaving that aside, adding a shot of soysauce to a basic broth does not make it more adventurous than the very unique tonkotsu broth, which has nothing comparable in western cooking. if you disagree you are wrong, and an idiot

>the very unique tonkotsu broth
It's literally just fucking pork stock you mongoloid.

glebekitchen.com/2017/04/13/tonkotsu-ramen-broth-home/

What exactly makes this more unique than any other broth? Oh shit they used mushrooms instead of onions and carrots! You're an idiot, and you're wrong.

for once, in western cooking broth/stock is barely simmering to keep it clear, tonkotsu is cooked over a rolling boil - for 24 hours on average, you do not have this level of extraction in classic western cooking. also it is way heavier than any western broth, with chickenfeet added for the cook and chopped up backfat as a finish, it is so gelatinous that you could kill a soyboy like you with a cooled down tonkotsu. but sure, soysauce is more extravagant

Tonkotsu is made from mostly pork bones. Ramen soup is made from a bunch of stuff. Depending what shop you go to. The soup can range from mostly chicken bones and fish stock to mostly pork bones. Stuff like shoyu, miso, are added at the point of serving and is more about flavoring the soup.

>Shoyu ramen broth is just soy sauce

publish.illinois.edu/japanesefood/other-soupbase-html#shoyu

Yeah you don't know what you're talking about you fucking retard. Also Tonkotsu is cooked for 12 hours. And ALL good stock is gelatinous, not just pork broth. What kind of shitty chicken/beef broth you worth with?

ITT: a buncha weebs