what is the best affordable whiskey

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>jack daniels
>affordable

hue

Stick to the general, please.

$25 a handle is pretty affordable me thinks.
Avoid anything imported, but I think Jim Beam > Jack Daniels.

>last month
>down by the liquor store
>going to get my bottle for the weekend
>kid on a bike hanging around the street corner
>sees me, realizes im going to buy liquor
>pulls out the old hey mister and ask me to buy him a bottle of Jack Daniels and a case of Bud lite
>ok kid, you have money?
>hands me $40
>laugh and tell him how much JD costs
>buy him a half gallon of the cheapest bourbon they had, a six pack of beer and keep the change
>laugh and go home

you mean something like this

yes, but the bourbon i bought him wasn't entirely methanol

this

anything cheaper, just chug paint thinner

For me, it's the Glenlivet.

>Drinking Protestant whiskey
No thanks.

Hey IRA, don't you have some innocent children to murder with car bombs?

anything over $20 for a liter at 40% ABV is theft.

This is the most affordable here to my knowledge, at 20.45 USD
kill me

>Innocent proddies
Top kek

>20.45 USD
That's oddly specific considering how much taxes can vary,

Drinking Bushmill's right now (16 euros). Pretty decent, since JD is over 22euros here.

Jim Beam, brother

Jim beam black is the only good one

not american but it's exactly 20.45 cowboy dolaridoos at this moment

Good for drinking and not worrying about how much those 5 drinks you just knocked back cost.

Award winning Aldi whiskey.
Costs £12.99 and beat whiskeys that cost upward of £100 a bottle to first place.

how does it taste compared to johnnie walker red label?

I fell for the Jack Daniels Meme, I hated it.
It was too sweet and tasted like corn.
I ended up throwing half the bottle over the fence into the field where the neighborhood mormon kids play.
Hopefully they find it and become alcoholic

You seem to have accidentally posted the wrong bottle, easy mistake to make.

Seriously though, they both taste like big wampum reservation firewater but mine is $11 and yours is $22

This one

> Smooth but spicy
> Clean flavor
> never tastes like watery backwash/swill
> Around twenty bucks

Thanks for reminding me to grab a bottle for the holidays.

used to drink this stuff all the time when I was neet. it's not terrible for what it is, but I wouldn't go back unless i was stuck running out of money again.

Wild Turkey.

I used to buy this

If you live in Canada.

Woodford ain't cheap.

It's good, but not cheap

The BiB white label and 1783 are way better for only a few bucks more.

Pic favorite is my favorite budget whiskey, i buy it every time i just want to get wasted home alone and dont need something really top tier.
Pretty fucking good taste and it costs like 10 euros in my country

ol crow

Kesslers if you are a real poorfag with no sense of taste.

Crown Royal if you have the extra cash, otherwise Old Crow or glen levit

I agree on the fact, that it's perfect for just getting drunk, but it doesn't taste like anything. Tastes of absolutely nothing

Knob Creek is only like $35. PRetty good.

I just bumped this thread because you're an autistic queer. Happy about making that choice now?

Dewar’s.

Devil's Cut is the best I've tried. Red Stag is good too especially with cherry coke. Never had Black.

Just make your own. It tastes better and is cheaper.

Fuck knows.
I hate whiskey and Highland Black is the only whiskey I've ever had that's been tolerable to sip on.
Only ever drank Johnnie Walker Red with coke.

What the fuck is up with prices of whiskey in europe? I live in poland and I can get a 0,5l of 20% booze for sub 3 dollars or a 0,5 of 40 vodka for like 4, but all whiskey prices are insane. I'm kind of tempted to buy it because of all the good things movies and tv say about it but that shits so expensive, that's a week worth drinking daily for a bottle

Baha’i bahalls shinay

All great bourbon comes from the US (and Japan).

All great rye whiskey comes from Canada and the US.

All great Scotch comes from Scotland.

Import tax is a bitch.

Jameson isn't Protestant whiskey. that's bushmills

I agree with you on all points except:
>(and Japan)
Japan makes some pretty solid whisky, but besides a few people arguing otherwise, by definition bourbon is from the US.

Evan Williams is better than Jack and Jim

Name?

Knob Creek is excellent but not really cheap.

Jim Beam Black is probably my favorite cheap whiskey. Bourbon specifically. Still not super cheap but I think it falls in a perfect spot on the price to quality curve.

Johnnie Walker Red is the best affordable whisky for me. Not "cheap," but anything less expensive here in Quebec isn't great. I have a bottle of Wiser's that I use mainly for mixing (rye and ginger).

Hahah dickel

My personal favorite

RICH & RARE RESERVE
RICH & RARE RESERVE
RICH & RARE RESERVE
RICH & RARE RESERVE

You must try it out, although R&R seems like a "gross" choice, the reserve edition is somehow great.

It is a glass bottle, had a gold colored awesome cap, tastes great, and come out to less than $11.
After that, Jim Beam is my go to.

Yeah I love it too. A superior mixer as well.

I'm in New Zealand and a litre of this costs $58 here, which works out to $40 US or $34 Euro. Whenever I see the overseas prices of spririts I'm always amazed.

Not that. For a handle, Evan Williams, WT101 and Maker's Mark are the best for their price brackets

>affordable
>whiskEy
>posts mediocre bourbon
what a cringe fucking thread

On a side note, get yourself an Ardbeg 10 or kill yourself, either of the two. And it's called whisky, not whiskey. Also, cheap = shit.

what a cringe fucking POST. you've successfully failed at trying to be a pretentious faggot by being so painfully wrong. impressive. let's break it down

>1. there is nothing wrong with requesting affordable liquor options. cheap != shit
self-explanatory, not everyone wants to spend $50+ on every fifth they purchase. there is a range in quality at all price points.
>2. whisky/whiskey is spelled with or without an E depending on where it is from
for example, irish whiskey is spelled with an E, scotch whisky is spelled without.
>3. jack daniel's is not a bourbon
it is a tennessee whiskey filtered through maple charcoal
>4. ardbeg 10
entry-level islay peat, inappropriate for someone asking questions like OP, and not nearly the best option on the lower end of even the distillery's price range. try some of their uigeadail and see what you've been missing.

congratulations, you've tried a 10 year-aged scotch and now think you know all there is to about whisky. let me know how your 22nd birthday goes.

"Affordable" varies quite a bit but pic related is my go-to cheap bourbon. It's the cheapest I've found that's tolerable to drink straight. Anything cheaper is only good for mixing.

A step up from this (in both price and taste) would be Buffalo Trace. One more step up gets you Woodford Reserve.

Not even memeing

23$/handle

Why does brandy taste terrible?

but then you have to drink fireball

Is IT drinkable?

Goddamn.
He's gonna need the suicide hotline after this.

How do you guys feel about going through the checkout with bottom shelf booze?

I tend to switch liquor stores fairly often, I have about 5 different decent ones in my area and I go shopping for grog about once a week so hopefully to the employee's it looks like I buy booze once a month or so.

Old Overholt my man. If you choose bourbon over rye, you probably like sugar in your coffee too.

30 euros here in Finland m8, not that expensive

Even people who don't like whisky enjoy Fireball. More like cough syrup than liquor.

Old Grandad Bottled in Bond.

It was better pre-price hike, but it's still good.

Fuck this bourbon market for being crazy. I'm not fucking paying $75 for a bottle of Booker's.

>whiskey
Literally яeddit: The liquor.

buffalo trace is significantly cheaper than JD where I live and considerably better quality

don't you have kids to touch and muslim feet to kiss

No mention of Old Overholt? What are ya, a bunch of liplickers? stuff is only $22 a litre in NY, which means its $16-18 everywhere else, has that nice apple pie aftertaste some whiskys have and works neat or mixed. I lovingly call it "Old Over-dad" because I always confused it with Old Grandad.

THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAA

IVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE LIKE 2006 WHEN I WAS 12 AND FIRST TRIED IT

ITS HARSH, EDGY, TASTELESS, AND PEOPLE ONLY LIKE IT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SEEM HARDCORE

Literally called the water of life you nonce.

>HARSH, EDGY, TASTELESS
One of these is not like the others

>the literal opinions of a 12-year-old

I love this one. Great for getting wasted.

The best of the bottom shelf drinks coming through here. Too bad it's not carried in too many places.

Evan Williams is $13 for 750 mL, that's what i usually go for.

Cops are recruiting kids to do this now so they can sting guys buying alc for minors
Be careful

>harsh
I get where you're coming from. Specially for a 12 year-old.
>edgy
Only if you chug a bottle a day.
>tasteless
kys

Anyone knows if this one is good or meh?

Whats the differences between
Bourbon
Bourbon Whiskey
Whiskey

??

Old Thompson is $6/750mL if you want to go full injun

Somebody give the the full enchilada on this shit right here.
How was does it compare to others in it's price range?
Is it harsh?
Thanks,

I drank Jack for the better part of 10 years and got tired of it. I think Jameson is better on that price point. I mostly drink vodka now if I drink liquor though.
t. alcoholic

Bourbon = Bourbon whiskey: is made from at least 51% corn and aged in new charred oak barrels.
Whisky or whiskey: is made from fermented grain mash, like barley, corn, rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, generally made of charred white oak.

More info here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisky

>1783

aged 9 years. the best balance of price/quality in all the whiskey world

tastes like dirty paint thinner

meh

Grouse is good for its price tag, not harsh at all. Way better than Jonnie black.

Evan Williams. - it's perfectly drinkable, and i can get a liter for about 12-13 dollars.

Bison Ridge 8 year Special Reserve is also quite good and can be had for about $18ish for a 750ml

Nice I'm gonna get a bottle for the holidays now.

Grouse is a good call, but for a cheap easy drink, this is my shit, very smooth, to be honest I'd choose this over some of the more expensive bottles, it's just a fucking nice drink.

> CTRL+F "Canadian Club"
> 0 results

$13 for 750mL and drinkable over ice

In the US ? The 750mL bottle sells for 25 here in Canuckistan. Fuck this country...

Ah, that's sad. I ordered a bottle online a few days ago...

Wild Turkey ftw