"Because it's TRADITION!"

>everyone in family prefers ham over turkey
>no one likes pie at all
>must get hundred-dollar giant turkey and multiple $30 pies every holiday (no good bakers in the ranks)
>because it's tradition, you know.
>half the turkey ends up going to the dogs (literally)
>pies go in the trash

So I say "Hey, let's do a nice honeybaked ham and some home-made cookies and ice cream this year. the kids will love it"

"YOU MONSTER! TRADITIOOOONN REEEEEEEEE"

>make comment about pie being out of style since women left the kitchen in the 60's.
>ejected from my own kitchen

I don't think I'd care so much if it wasn't my money and my dining room doing the hosting. But damn, c'mon. What is with people and 'muh tradition'? At least the dogs are happy.

Did you invite a bunch of strawmen over or something?

if you're buying and it's at your place you can have whatever the fuck you want for thanksgiving and if the senpai don't like it well they're welcome to bring a turkey and shit, just not on your dime

Im greek and we have LAMB instead

if they're gonna scream tradition then get yours back on christmas, make em eat goose, that's traditional as fuck

I know these feels user
I finally got my traditional family to agree to a regular dinner this year of steaks and baked potatoes because 1/3 of the of the guest are vegan this month. Plus I fucked up the turkey last year and really even when it’s good it’s still not as good as steak hamburgers chicken theigs and a million other meats.

Thanks for the blog post.

>>must get hundred-dollar giant turkey
Jesus Christ man, that is not how much turkeys cost

>1/3 are vegan
I really hope that means only 1 person is vegan

>learn how to roast a turkey
>learn how to bake a pie
problem solved

meh, I'm in the midwest and turkeys cost around forty to sixty bucks so I can see it costing a hundred bucks in new york or l.a. or somethin

>YOU MONSTER! TRADITIOOOONN REEEEEEEEE
Now you understand how liberals feel year round.

No one cares, faggot. Kill yourself immediately

Just eat fucking duck for every holiday. It's the best fowl and probably the best meat period

>tfw my hospital gives me a coupon for a $1 turkey
>grab a 22 pounder

>implying chicken isnt the best

Unless it weighs 40lbs or you're buying organic, fair-trade, locally-sourced, free-range, cage-free, vegetarian-fed, sustainably raised, heirloom, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, ethically produced and low-carbon footprint, you're overpaying.
Fresh turkeys in NY are $1.19/lb right now, with frozen at 99c/lb unless you go to one of the stores, and I wish I was joking about this bit, people go to to be seen shopping for food.
And I don't mean in Queens or Brooklyn (79c right now there). I mean Manfuckinghattan

What stores are u talking about. I live in nyc

Unfortunately no :(
But it’s 2 out of 6
Which means I can’t make most of my sides that the family USUALLY likes like mashed popos and Mac n cheese

Mine costed $17

No way
La fag here
Turks are like 25 for a 12 pounder

mine was free. my employer gave it to me. about 10-12 pounder

Why the fuck would you cater to them?
Oh ho top bantz this thread may get interesting yet.

Also on the topic of turkey prices raleys brand is .99 per pound

>costed

Learn to do Thanksgiving right and season yo food, WHITEBOIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I stopped reading at no one likes pie at all

i think he meant no one in his family. but i agree that pie is more of a cultural food and has much less widespread appeal than brownies or cookies or something. you are more likely to find someone that doesn't like pie, than someone that doesn't like cookies.

Does it yell at you while you eat it?

>no good bakers
>for fucking pie
Pie is fucking dead simple, how do you fuck up and apple pie?

>$100 for a turkey
>$30 each for pies
What in the fuck?

>must get hundred-dollar giant turkey

Turkeys are 60 cents a pound? What are you doing? I bought 4 turkeys; 20 lbs each. They're sold up to 25 lbs in a regular grocery store. You really don't need more than that without cooking more than one bird.

Pie is easy to make, especially pumpkin. Wean them off with one pie and cheap turkey, keep pushing honeyham icecream dreams.

Then put your fucking foot down you stupid fucking pussy faggot! Letting people boss you around in your own fucking home? God damn, I bet your wife is fucking someone with actual balls on the side.

How bout you take those leftovers and go give them to the less fortunate you wasteful person.

>Turkeys are 60 cents a pound

Drugs are bad.

Where the fuck do you live where pies cost $30?

I'm having Turkey tonight

my brain doesn't really process the filter anymore since I've seen it so much but damn lol this post made me laugh new moot

>itt people-of-walmart realize not all store-bought pies come off a conveyor belt and not all turkeys are 12 pounds & frozen.

Die hippie.

Not him but turkeys are LITERALLY 59 cents a pound here. 99 cents for the more expensive ones.

Where I work in California we have turkeys for 44 cents a pound

>hundred-dollar giant turkey
Where do you live, Nunavut?

I'm with you, OP. I've gotten chewed out for making the same suggestion. If Martians came to Earth and saw my family eating Thanksgiving dinner they would assume that turkey is medicine because we eat a prescribed amount at a prescribed time. We're not poultry people. We shouldn't be ashamed of it. And then we have the EXACT SAME dinner at Christmas. I've gotten into the habit of showing up with a Christmas lasagna. This habit was shit on the first year...even though everyone loved it. Now it's become an expectation that can't be ignored.

Yeah but you need to get the Double Organic Non-GMO, 2.49/pound turkey from Wholes food!

This is Key Food (a standard supermarket, not Whole foods-tier) in (((New York))). Turkeys are pretty much at their cheapest this time of year.

Even if you did, it wouldn't be a $100 turkey. OPs a big fat faget as usual.

>Implying grammer/spelling is relevant on Veeky Forums

>implying it isn't
Get out, your nigger speak isn't welcome here.

>he thinks his posts matter
>he thinks his life matters

Simple organic Butterball turkeys are $2.99/lb here. "Organic" is not anything fancy. This isn't 1990. 20% of Kroger is organic. If OP doesn't want to get a wal-mart store brand turkey, then whatever.

Implying a Turkey can't easily push $100 is just naive. Especially if you get one pre-cooked which is not as uncommon as you'd think. An 11 pound cooked turkey is $49.95 at the Honeybaked Ham store here. A 16lb Honeybaked Ham is $109.95

This thread is more about hating people with means than the price spectrum. If they want to spend their money instead of cook or buy organic, that's their business.

>buying premade pies
>buying precooked turkey

Dumb nigger

>I'm angry at people with disposable income who would rather have someone else cook their meal. Like that whole 'restaurant industry' thing. It will never catch on.

>>make comment about pie being out of style since women left the kitchen in the 60's.
you are one huge fag

Also from the midwest. You are overpaying by a good chunk for your bird. You could probably get something for somewhere between 20 to 25.

no, how could you think this? suck a dick, chicken is SHIT compared to chicken

>premade and precooked foods are similar in quality to homemade or restaurant food
>not knowing how to use meme arrows

neck yourself

>make comment about pie being out of style since women left the kitchen in the 60's.

No wonder your family doesn't like you.

I'm in D.C. and my heritage bird was 100 for 18 lbs.

wait a sec this is just bait

Upstate New York here, 22 lb turkey for friends-giving was ~$20. Moms Thanksgiving is a whole hog on a spit roast so irrelevant, Dads Thanksgiving is 18 lbs for a round of birdshot. Youre being ripped off or you never bought/brought the bird for Thanksgiving because youre from the poor part of the family

what kind of shit family hates turkey?

This is why you white people need to go extinct.

You value other people's "traditions" while shitting on your own because retard liberals have taught you eveything 'merican is bad.

lol

I, for one, am looking forward to the new era of Chinese dominance.

At least they still have traditions and values.

Joisy here, a decent butterball for about 8 pounds is normally about 22$ but everyone around here get's them free from supermarkets through membership points.
You're getting scammed hard, especially for pies jesus christ, on top of kitchen cucked.

>'merican is bad

It is. That's why the entire cuisine is built around disregarding stuff that grows in America, getting some European stuff growing in there and proceeding to make European recipes.

Apples did not even grow in the US until the convicts decided they miss apple pies from back home.

>This is why you white people need to go extinct.
>You value other people's "traditions" while shitting on your own because retard liberals have taught you eveything 'merican is bad.

I love pathetic, self hating 'mericans. They make everybody else look good in comparison.

Are you bob cratchit?

What Chinese tradition?
Communism destroyed our temples and burned our books.

We're doing lasagna, garlic bread and a big Greek salad this year since everyone was sick of turkey and stuffing. There will be pie though, how can anyone not like pie?

No, but in their household it's tradition yo yell "lamb" when referring to the traditional yelling thanksgiving LAMB

I'm the black sheep of the family on Thanksgiving, turkey tastes like ass.

A pork roast with baked chicken and potatos is much better.

>What Chinese tradition?

RMB is god. People are expendable.

seattle: 17lb organic, no hormones turkey for 30 bucks.

bruh I have some niggas over hur in Mexico also studying, and we decided to make a small turkey some smashed potatoes, spinach, some ham, bacon, corn bread, and baked bread, and for dessert we already have brownies, pecan pie, and red velvet ordered. make new traditions this will be my 3rd Thanksgiving out of Texas

>flyover fag is totally clueless

I really hope you bought a really large heritage turkey if you spent that much. Although if you did I don't think you would be bitching about turkey if you did. Shits delicious shame it costs so much.

Turkeys are under 40 cents a lb at this time of year. Are you sure you didn't buy an ostrich?

>40-60 dollars for a turkey
nigga what