Al/ck/

>hey user, you're so thin, what's your secret?
>all my caloric intake is alcohol
>lol but seriously

anyways alcoholism general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative–hypnotic_withdrawal)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I cant afford alcoohol so I steal lemon extract and
put it in ice tea

>tfw can't even get drunk anymore because mom would cry and she'd send me to a doctor
The only thing that gave me joy has been lost.

I just took a tiny bit (1mg) of klonopin and drank 3of these 1.5 hours ago.

things I want to do:

1) go back to the store and get drunker
2) msg every cutie I know, and ones I don't on facebook
3) eat
4) msg good friends
5) call a prostitute and have her come over

what do you think?

As for (2) and (5), jack off and then see what you want to do. As for (3), I vote eat. Maybe do that first, then jack off. Hold off on (1) until after you jack off and eat. As for (4), why not?

>tfw kindling from so many times withdrawing, I get mild WD symptoms from only one night of drinking
>tfw I'm actually relieved when I just have a pounding headache and hangover instead of WD shakiness and anxiety

Just gotta be better at hiding it buddy. My parents think I've been sober for a year now, truth is I've been loaded 2-3 nights per week

I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to kill myself tonight.

No more of this. I can't live with alcohol and I can't live without it.

I just buried my cat. I had her for almost half of my life. I got her when I was 18, and she died when she was 17. I'm drinking a 12 pack of Bell's winter white.

I thought a 12 pack of beer would be sufficient to deal with the sadness of this night, but I'm close to finishing it and idk.

user, please don't. We have an eternity to enjoy death, but only so long to enjoy life. I'm sure there are people who care about you, even if you don't think that they do. You matter. Please, get off the internet and phone someone close to you. Your father, your mother, a friend, even a self-help hotline. Someone will set you straight.

You matter. You're not worthless. Please know that the world needs you, even if you think it doesn't.

>I thought a 12 pack of beer would be sufficient to deal with the sadness of this night, but I'm close to finishing it and idk.
Overdoing it won't help. You just more emotional unless you pass out, depending on the person.

Freezing a beer glass and then partially freezing a beer bottle to make a Slurpee does help though.

>Don't kill yourself the liquor industry needs you

Of course people care about me. That doesn't do a damn thing to stop my suffering.

My mom wakes me up in the morning though, and my whole room reeks of alcohol by then. Tell me your secrets user, how do you do it?

Drink over 6 beers and a couple of shots scotch or whiskey 4 nights a week. Hide the empties from the wife

Well if the smell is what's giving you away, open a window or something. Also brush your teeth or use mouth wash before you go to bed. Otherwise set an alarm and wake up before she usually wakes you up. I always wake up fairly early, even if I feel like shit because I have to put up the illusion that I'm not drinking. They know when I was loaded I'd sleep half the day

I know, user. I won't pretend to understand your suffering. I know though that I was in a place like this a while ago, where I wanted to just end it, and I decided not to, and I'm glad I decided not to.

Someday you'll die and you'll be dead forever. This is your small chance to be alive. Please don't squander it. That's all I'm gonna say.

nice thanx

Been sober for 11 days now, but the fucking meds aren't helping the cravings. The only thing keeping me from making a liquor run is I'm afraid I might fucking die if I drink anything on these meds, and even then I'm still really contemplating it.

I drink a 750ml of vodka 5 nights a week usually in about 4 hours.

How long until i die?

Got drunk at a 2 year olds bday party on Sunday with the kids dad. May have said inappropriate sexual comments toward the wife. Puked at home. Ruined a rug and blankets and couch cushions. Still have the taste of puke in my mouth. Don't want to shower. Idk I think I'm having withdrawals and I don't want to mess up my body temperature with a shower even though it will make me feel better.

Blah blah blah

i switched from a 700ml of liquor a day to a 750 of wine a week

would recommend

Thank you so much user, I'll keep those things in mind.

>drink heavily with friends whenever I get the chance
>usually just get drunk every weekend
>last night drank almost half a 2-6 and got drunk by myself for the first time this year
>about to hit the store for some chase so I can do it again tonight
It's starting

thats some serious dedication. too much for me.

not drinking sounds easier desu

I'm 35 and about to buy a cheap little house, probably in a crummy neighborhood where I'll be one of only a handful of white people, but whatever. I'm really looking forward to drinking again, which I can't do in my current home. But even with the privacy and the booze, I feel like something will be missing. I think it's companionship.

There's a fat girl who has the hots for me, and I'm not totally unattracted to her. But she's also definitely far from my sexual ideal. But she'd let me drink; she'd put up with it. That's really important to me. So should I settle with her for that?

I could do better if I better myself, and I know I'm capable of it, but it will require work and self-discipline and probably not be very enjoyable. What would you guys do?

How do you drink and function?

Eh it's not too bad, I pound a lot of water before bed and usually feel alright the next morning. I also try to time my drinking when I know my parents will be gone the next morning so I have time to get my shit together. Moral of the story though, I need to get my own place

I'd date a fat enabler.

trying weed for the first time in edible form

im a pretty good alc, few years of using 101 wild turkey to get blackout drunk every night. whats gonna be my expectancy?

too drunk to type.
I respect your endeavours .
Iwish I could drive.
Im glad I cant.
I bet kirsty ally has a wonderful pussy.
dont you virgins realise that pussy should be dangly .
Im gonna watch a kwn burns documentary now. dustbowls, jazz or Vietnam and whatnot.

Replace that woman with a cute anime girl and you're literally me once I've lost consciousness.

I have no time for weebs and japs

replacing booze with masturbation today

beaten off 12 times so far today, I should've used lotion

what meds

An hour or two is gonna pass, you're gonna think "this shit isn't working", then suddenly it'll hit you and you'll wanna lay down. Hard to describe strong edibles, it's like a full body buzz. You might see some mild hallucinations as well depending on the dose. It also depends on what you've eaten, which will delay the effects. First time I took them I got pretty high for a few hours, nothing special, then I went to bed. A bit later I woke up almost in a panic, fucked up like crazy with my closet morphing into a face

poor cutfags

10 years

as long as you don't marry her or even let her move in.

some places you have to pay a girl alimony for having been your roomie

It took me forever before I understood lotion jokes because Dr Goldstein didn't take my foreskin. Everybody laughing and me being confused

in oklahoma you're common law married if she gets mail sent to your house

well fuck. i think ill take it easy but thanks. hope it comes out ok. im hoping a weekly high might kick a nightly habit

whatever you do, DO NOT get high while withdrawing.

its fucking awful. thought i broke my brain.

Scary as fuck.

Only the celibate can have peace of mind.

I function pretty well, but I'm a mess when I drink. Thankfully I'm only a nighttime drinker.

Actually, marriage is kind of what I had in mind. But good point, maybe I should just keep jacking off. It's just kind of lonely.

>getting wasted and watching ken burns docs

top tier, civil war one is the best one imo

Thanks for the feedback.

>It's just kind of lonely.
If you think you can handle it, and won't abuse/neglect it, I would recommend a dog. That'll help your crushing despair.

this user is right
get a dog and see if you improve and can handle any responsibility.

>civil war one is the best one imo
Agreed.

I don't think people who have ideas like 'let's marry a fat whore I don't care for so my house is less empty' are responsible enough for pets desu.

I'm sure I'd neglect it. Also, I grew up with dogs, and I can't stand them. I like cats, but I'm allergic. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ya you really have to be careful with edibles, it's a completely different high than smoking. It's a fun experience, but if you're just looking for a high to take place of drinking, just get a cheap vape and smoke it. I definitely drink less when I have weed available, but I don't rely on edibles for that

You must be under the age of 30

Jazz is pretty good too, especially since they're all degenerates like us and you don't really have to pay attention because the focus is the music

>I can't do
>should I settle
>I could do better
>it will require work and self-discipline

Fucking hell...

youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

it me

A damn shame, user. Best of luck to you then

Are you implying people over 30 all think that way?

Is this picture supposed to remind me of toothpaste?

can you get kindling from minor WD?

minor alc, at my worst i was 8 drinks on weeknights and 14 on weekends, beer

what is kindling

isnt that the 2nd stage of fuel when making a camp fire?

>10pm
>wake up from day coma
I’m about to leave and get fast food as soon as I take a drink and then take my dog out.
Mcdickles or Taco Bell?

Do it faggot i wish i had your balls

its a term for how repeated WD leads to increasingly severe symptoms, and brain damage

hate to be the barer of bad news

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative–hypnotic_withdrawal)

Yes, depending on the amount and length. I've been an alcohol for about 4 years, but never have drank more than 4 days in a row. It's always been a series of 2-4 day benders, followed by 3-5 days of sober until I feel good again. After some of the heavier benders I got minor WD symptoms every time, mild shakiness, terrible dreams, and lots of anxiety. I never got close to the full on DTs that you hear about with alcoholics, but all those minor WDs definitely caught up to me. I now only drink 1-2 nights a week, though the drinking is fairly heavy. And I get mild WD symptoms the next day or two pretty much every time, again the mild shakiness and anxiety. And that even goes for when I don't drink much. Obviously a couple beers won't affect things, but getting mildly buzzed even gives me WDs the next day. If anything, it helps me drink less I guess

>wikijewpedia

I have a really hard time getting along with my son.
He’s too much like me.

Are drunks brain dead because of the withdrawl or the alcohol? I'm so confused now.

My dad and brother are carbon fucking copies of him but I got all the abandonment issues and none of the work ethic. Embrace what you have in common, user.

dad Veeky Forums is my blog not yours

Keep us posted?

Fuck. Im 25 and in the exact same boat. I need to quit. If i have a heavy 3 day bender, by sunday i feel like im going insane from the anxiety and insomnia.

Hope I dont have brain damage.

Finally, that other dumb as fuck thread is dying. I was afraid having two at once would finally get us relocated.

this

I'm the guy you replied to, I'm 25 as well. Try to get out while you can. I went to some therapy which helped, I went 5 months completely sober during that but started to relapse after that. Like I said, I only drink 1-2 nights a week now which I guess is an improvement, still not great, but I really don't want those lasting effects

LIFE WASNT SPOSED TUH BE LIEK THIS

Fuck y’all, tbell it is.
I just had the most awful shit fall out of me that reminded me that all I had today was vodka and water

sucks when pets die. matter of fact, death in general basically sucks.

>average shot of vodka drunk is now up to 100ml-ish
>average night has four shots in four hours
I realize this is lunacy, but as time goes on I feel my Russian heritage asserting itself like I'm a fucking Brundlefly. I'm 30, and this doesn't augur well for me; should I ease off the gas?

Alcohol should be illegal and there is never a good reason to consume it.

shit man, similar situation. I did 4 months sober AA but quit when i got a gf that liked to drink and ended up moving. Always felt out of place in AA. I was one of the youngest usually and to some of the heavier hitters there i was a lightweight.

I usually only drink friday to sunday but its started to get miserable again. This is an improvement though, was crushing a 12 pack every night after i lost my job.Got a good new job now, so cant complain about that.

ill probs try AA in a little bit, in a small towm for training and dont want them to know im an alcohol.

most drunks, like the *severe ones, are brain damaged because of a vitamin B1 deficiency, not kindling

if you want to avoid kindling problems, taper

4 shots in 4 hours?
more like 4 shots in 1 hour amirite????

Thats a faggot

I feel you man. Going from drinking every night, to feeling good during the week just to destroy yourself on the weekends still seems like an improvement, but I know I could be better. And your AA experience kind of describes why I've never tried it, it seems like kind of a pissing match about who used to be a bigger alcoholic. If you haven't tried it, I'd definitely recommend a therapist if your insurance covers it. It's a lot easier to open up 1 to 1 with someone, especially once you trust them a bit

>400ml Wódka
>4 hours

You have no place here

if you do that daily you're starting to enter the dangerzone.

Well...that's kinda how it went. Normal shot to topped off to 2 normal topped off to a double to double topped off, all in an hour's time. At this point I'm just swigging it from the bottle proper and roughly eyeballing how much is depleted from the 750ml start point. I think it might even be more economical to switch up to the 1.75L jugs.

Yes, daily. More on weekends, since there isn't a 10 hour stretch of the day where I can't feasibly drink at work.

how much do you lie

AA is actually good if you get a good group. My sponsor was a cool guy that even though he was a bit older made a big point that the whole "who is a bigger drunk" game is retarded and that no one ends up in AA cause theyre doing great.

He wanted me to go all the time and it annoyed me, but in retrospect i think he just understood alcoholism and how sneaky it is better than I did.

I went to 3 psychologist. First in college when i was just a regular binge drinker, helped a little. 2rd in grad school told me i was prob an alc. 3rd told me to enjoy a drink on friday, but i probably lied about how much I drank. Hes the smart one, He should have known I was lying.

well your life certainly won't get better if you keep drinking like this or more.

what meds? naltrexone works for me. campral didnt. never tried antabuse but that sounds awful.

If she sends nudes in the next day or two then you scored.