How do you think people started eating this disgusting looking creature? It looks like a parasite

How do you think people started eating this disgusting looking creature? It looks like a parasite.

Its a lot easier to picture someone cooking that than someone inventing something like bread

It was considered peasant food up until relatively recently. In the late nineteenth century they used to feed lobsters to prisoners on the east coast of the United states.

The weirder one, to me, is oysters. I love em, but they are weird looking, yet we've been eating them since at least Roman times.

Who was the first brave soul to try cheese?

>this grain is tough and hard to chew
>it would be easier to chew if it was ground down, mixed with water and cooked
Not that hard tbhfampai

The same way people tried most foods for the first time: they saw another animal eating it first.

Cuz niggas be starvin all the time before they invented McDonald's. They dun et everything and them foods that didn't kill them afterwards stayed on the table.

They were in such heavy supply on the coast that they fed them to the poor first.

They started eating it because they were really easy to catch. In the states, a long time ago, you you could up and down a beach and just pick the fuckers up off the sand. Nobody wanted to eat them, so they were used to feed prisoners and soldiers, who would complain that these things weren't meant for human consumption.

This. Only in the 20th century did the nobility and higher ranks of civility and bourgeoisie discovered this and decided to make it their own.

Hunger. When your starving you will cook anything. For a long time people thought tomatos were poisonous until some hungry guy said fuck it and ate one.

I've been using them as fertilizer. My tomatoes have been loving it. The meats good drowned in butter or mixed with mac and cheese. But it's a lot of work.

Bread was discovered more than invented desu senpai

All it took was wild yeast getting into someone's porridge

>oysters
>oh hey I found this rock in the water
>I'm so fucking hungry, let's see if I can eat it

shout-out to the nigga who tested all the berries to see if they were poison.

>People who have never considered life without groceries

>why's that otter hitting that rock
>wtf it split open and there's some weird meat inside
>I want to try

>see animals force feeding ducks corn then killing them and eating their liver
>french people do the same

Kek

Well the English thought they were poison because at the time English loved salad and the leaves of tomato plants are poison. The Italians knew the fruit was fine to eat that's why the tomato is culturally Italian they were utilizing them first authentic Italian doesn't use tomatoes any more than French cuisine

Don't insult sea snippers you faglord.

From what i've understood the first cheese consumer was some guy in the middle east who kept goats milk in a sheep stomach flask. So one day while in the heat the acidity in the stomach causes the whey and curds to seperate, so when he drank it he got chewy cheese curds.

Not that hard to figure out dude, people will literally drink their own piss and eat their dead family members if they're hungry enough. Remember that starvation was a real problem with early american settlers.

the real question is why do people shell out 30 bucks for a plate of lobster, scallops, trout or any other bland ass seafood dish. It barely even has a taste.

Stop smoking so much. Your tastebuds will thank you.

>Lobster and scallops have no taste
Shit man your tongue must be fucked.

There was a slave revolt because Master feed them lobster ever night.

>rubber bands still on
Unfair fight.

Sea water taste isn't flavor. Just as buzz from a crappy amp isn't part of a song.

When slaves first started getting any sort of rights whatsoever, one of the first things that would be insisted upon was that they only are forced to eat lobster 3-4 days out of the week. Lucky devils..