Anybody else spending Thanksgiving alone? I'm going to Boston Market

Anybody else spending Thanksgiving alone? I'm going to Boston Market.

Awwww no how bout you come over sweety.
We have plenty of food.

>that price for one place

Holy shit OP do yourself a favor and just go to a supermarket and get whatever meal deal they have.

I spent a thanksgiving alone a couple years ago. It was pretty nice. I just made 3 dishes I like and relaxed.

I-I have

I am too, user. I'm an Armyfag, and my family lives 1,300 miles away. It's too far of a drive for a 4-day weekend. I don't want to spend Thanksgiving with my workmates since I'm around them 24/7.

Wat do, anons?

my work got boston market catering for our thanksgiving lunch, total trash

I guess me and dad are going to a restraunt. I'm not even sure I'll get a typical thanksgiving meal if we go out.

thanksgiving by yourself is real nice. My best was in a condo on the beach on Hilton Head

This year might suck for me. In the process of moving, so I have an empty house with a working stove and oven (but no pots/pans). Debating making a turkey leg in a throw away aluminum container and maybe figure out something for a side but not sure what else to do other than just get some food somewhere. I have some aluminum foil, that's good enough for a potato at least.

come on down to whole foods user ill be making pizzas all day we can hang out and shit

i am planning on working thursday and so i'll be buying food from the vending machine

kys

yes I'll be alone and I don't know what I'm going to cook but I'll be shitfaced for sure.
weed, whisky and some cocaine.

I'm also working the the day after.

duck breast with an orange sauce with potato croquettes and salad is good option.

I'll be just with my gf this year, still don't know what should we cook

>duck breast with an orange sauce

Why the fuck do people do this? Ruining good duck meat with orange sauce.

that shit is the most depressing thing i've seen all year

I’m having a small meal with my roommates before I have to go to work. I’m probably gonna make some sausage balls, pasta salad, and braised chicken thighs.

Hey fag if you stay in Vegas you can come over and have a plate

Hell no fag, I drove down to my mom's.

Sleeping in my old bed and gonna pig out on my older cousin's cooking

I am for the first time ever. I work the day after and I've moved too far from family to go home. Roomie is going to his family's thing but they live their lives in filth so I refuse to tag along. I plan on spending the day chilling and ordering takeout. Honestly really looking forward to it.

if you live within driving distance of Ames or Dubuque Iowa I gotchu fa m

I am not doing thanksgiving alone but I may be doing Christmas alone and New Years I always do alone even though I get invited to parties because I can't do the having no one to kiss at midnight thing anymore.

Yeah, I’ll probably get some beer and hang out on Veeky Forums. Don’t have to work on Friday either

>be non-american
>even if I get to be close to my family we don't observe the thanksgiving

>armyfag

How do I know you're 5'7, balding, have a round pudgy face and autistic?

I'm spending Thanksgiving at work because we'll be one of like 2 restaurants open in the area, and our gimmick is pies so there are going to be people lined around the store from open to close for the next two days. Who knows? Maybe I'll get to see my kitchen manager cook a turkey in the microwave and watch shoving matches over French Silk pies again this year.

No one here will be alone this thanksgiving. Veeky Forums is one big happy family

>non-American visiting this week
Will everything be shut and boring, or crowded and annoying?

>not talking to mom anymore because she decided to try to guilt me for money again despite how well it worked for her last time
>don't talk to dad anymore because he's an obese smoker that lives in squalor
>roommate is spending thanksgiving with his family
>"hey man are you doing anything for thanksgiving?"
>lie to him so he doesn't invite me over because I'm sure his parents think poorly of me

Where do you live?

I'm non-American visiting my fiances family for the next couple days too for thanksgiving. Kind of nice honestly since I spent Canuck thanksgiving all alone.

uruguay my dude

Hmm I was banking on Boston Market but they don't have them in the PNW. Whole foods has some brisket meal that serves 8 but I'm and other than wrapping everything in foil and putting in the oven, I have no way to reheat anything.

I also have no furniture other than an inflatable mattress. Might be a Wild Turkey kinda Thanksgiving.

At least I don't have to be at work until Monday.

I-I stay in Vegas

I'll be alone, but I won't be celebrating anything. I might make a tasty burger and garlic butter french fries

I'll be cooking up a turkey breast for myself and keeping the leftovers for perhaps a week. I'm stuck in a dorm, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a proper thanksgiving meal.

I've spent everyday alone for the last 4 years

Same here, user. I fucken love it.

Marie Calenders?
Did you know they used to have home made chicken a turkey pot pies? Made from scratch.
They taste like cardboard and styrofoam now. :(

B-but ironically or unironically?

Wow
So you already know about yourself that you’ll only be annoyed or bored?
Enjoy your chronic depression user

Damn straight, buddy

I have to work on thanksgiving. its also my birthday

Happy Thanksgiving St. Louis / Illinois user

yep, but I am having a turkey and all the fixins at home.

thanksgiving leftovers are the best thing in the world

>9736679
you're a sitcom character.

Stay inside, watch the MST3K turkey day marathon

>don't talk to dad anymore because he's an obese smoker that lives in squalor
>hating your dad for being mentally ill
You're a bad person and you deserve inevitably becoming your bad parents.
Enjoy your shitty thanksgiving.

I love my family but I would love to take 1 year off from all these fucking holidays just for once

I went to Boston Market earlier today and got their turkey meal. Its pretty yummy.

Tomorrow I am going to cook up a Thanksgiving turkey ribeye steak.

who else will be buying some kfc tonight?

Unironically of course!

I happen to be an expert on this subject. Ive spent many holidays alone due to being in the Navy and also having a depressing life after leaving it :^)
I would HIGHLY recommend not having traditional turkey n fixins like you used to when you had other people around. It was a lot easier overseas where stuff is open on the western holidays and you can really treat yourself. If its possible, go get some manner of asian food. Im gonna be around other people this year, which is ok I guess. I sort of got used to having a bunch of rum, sodas, tater tots covered in chili & cheese, fried fish, whatever bullshit and smokes all layed out for me so I can kick back and watch a marathon of MXC and not worry about what day it is.
fuck it. just keep it really scummy and go to a strip club, hopefully one that has a buffet.

Cook a meal for yourself. It's easy and you have leftovers forever.

My mother actually sat me down and told me I wasn't welcome at thanksgiving this year and that it would be better for everyone if I got a hotel room

Not him, but do you have shit parents? You give them chance after chance and they fuck you over. Eventually you give up.

Why user?

how old are you? how long have you lived there? sounds like you got off the hook, buddy. post pics of your hotel party when youre getting drunk and making popcorn in the little motel 6 microwave. try to get some spending money for booze, food,and a backpage hooker.

Sometimes you just have shitty kids. Mine were jewed by the system to hate the patriarchy which gave them every comfort and opportunity they have. Years of brainwashing to hate their parents and their country and white people and Christianity and equality and cops and to love niggers and cop killers and rapefugees and illegal aliens and dudes who dress as women and purposefully spread AIDS. They are females though so they are just following the herd without thinking and it's not their fault but the end result is the same

>Army
>Enlisted, because he can't afford a plane ticket
Why haven't you married a stripper yet

Have you tried not being a homosex?

Sucks. I'm on the other side of the country from my family, so I'm just spending it with friends.... But I hear you on the liberal, wacko girls. My younger sisters (23 and 26) are the same way and getting worse. Not to mention they are militant vegans. Between the veganism and their political views, holidays and family gatherings just aren't fun anymore. We used to have a great time drinking and catching up during the holidays, but now that they've bought into this bullshit progessive lifestyle, you can't even make semi off-color jokes or be sarcastic anymore. Everything is offensive. An hour or 2 we can hang out and enjoy each other's company, but after that they end up throwing a hissy fit about some random thing because I feel like they realize that they've gone to long without being faux outraged at something innocuous.

>tl;dr.... I feel ya.

What was that brown thing in the right?

>waah, my kids hate me because I'm an alt-right neanderthal who can't talk about a single topic w/o bringing up muh niggers, jews, fags, trannies, immigrants and whatever whacko idea muh loony tunes talk shows tell me is the flavor of the day

You reap what you sow, faggot.

I like poop and undie stains, crusty cum and raping dames

>First Thanksgiving alone ever
>Too embarrassed to eat out
>Too embarrassed to even go through a drive thru
>Will probably have a can of ravioli for dinner

Sweet potatoes.
You can also read the ingredient list.

He's not mentally disabled, he's just a fucking asshole. He smiles and agrees to all the shit the doctor asks him to do, like eating decent food and not smoking. My stepmother (a previously battered little 100-pound french-canadian who does NOT deserve it) tries to get him to commit to it and he fucking SHOUTS her down. Makes her do EVERYTHING for him because he's at least 350 pounds at 5' 7" and has a bad back and bad legs because of it.
He lives in a shitty little former meth house in backwoods fucking middle of nowhere, the roof is caving in from rain, the place has black mold everywhere, he's been living there for nearly 20 years and the entire place is YELLOW from the cig smoke. He could EASILY move somewhere decent on his retirement plus his disability (which YOUR taxes pay for, along with his medical treatment) and my stepmother fucking BEGS him to because she hates it, but he won't. Because he likes it.

You think I need to give up having any kind of life for THAT? Fuck you. You know NOTHING. His situation is his own making because he's too shitty and stubborn and old to change. I spent 5 years of MY LIFE living with him. Dropped out of college to live with him. FUCK YOU. I tried to fix him. I'm fucking DONE.

I bought some stuff from Boston Market yesterday and heated it up today. Not bad, not great. Honestly their macaroni and cheese was probably the best part.

I'm solo, i bought a pecan pie yesterday but other than that i'm not really observing thanksgiving, just getting drunk and enjoying my day off

I'm at work but a bunch of people in different departments are having a pot luck so I'm gonna leech food off of them for my lunch and go home to leftovers later.

loks pretty good

Yeah, I mean it's possible to make almost any food look good with proper plating. Boston Market is pretty mediocre overall

I honestly only like the mac n cheese from Boston Market.

I am, I will stop by the bar and have some drinks. It will loosen some of the pain of hearing my ex's play by play while they are with their soulmate.