ITT: Grocery store pet peeves as a customer, employee anything

long stories from the cashiers shitty produce section disappearing meat counters cunty women with to many kids in my way and finally grub stub faggots buying soda and candy

To the people that will inevitably ask why on the day of thanksgiving we are out of
>Stuffing
>Cranberries
>Cranberry sauce
>Sweet potatoes
>Pumpkin pie fillingF
Fuck you last minute shoppers. It's your own fault. You can say "You should ALWAYS have it in stock" but when everyone else is buying it in surplus, you should be smart enough to buy ahead of time.

Can you go check in the back and get me some? :^)

They don't even believe it when I check and go back and tell them.

My favorite question while I was working in retail?

>"Where's your restroom?"

I dont know, maybe where that giant ass sign that says RESTROOMS is. Its like no one even tries anymore cause theyre too fucking lazy just to tilt their head up.

>Self checkout
>Mom with 80+ items checking herself out

This service is for childless 20 somethings. Go away.

Put on a gopro and livestream your journey for me I just KNOW you have some stuffing in the back

People who don't use checkout dividers or slide them back for others to use are such cunts with no self awareness. Same people who leave their cart in the middle of an aisle when looking at something.

>One sad lonely banana, just like the person buying it.

Do...do people not use checkout dividers?

Single black mothers that block an aisle with their cart full of frozen dinners and junk food that you know they'll pay for with their EBT.

Bonquisha's line doesn't have any dividers. She isn't about to run and grab some.

Honestly, most places I've been at have enough register to customer ratio that it's a non-issue. The fuckers who put their carts dead-center in the middle of the aisle, or somehow sideways in an aisle, are probably going to hell though.

And lord forbid they put carts in the corral instead of leaving them beside their vehicle to block traffic or hit cars.

Stop shopping at walmart

>The fuckers who put their carts dead-center in the middle of the aisle, or somehow sideways in an aisle
holy FUCK I hate those people, or the ones who walk at a pace slower than tectonic plates and clog up the whole aisle.
Bitch if you don't know what you want then get the fuck out of the aisle, I need to get to the sardines and you're in the fuckin way

>dude bags his own groceries of like 4 items
>I come here all the time I'm practically a employee! Come on give me the discount haha! I saved you some trouble! ;^)
>No I really can't sorry.
>Oh man, come on man the other cashiers lemme do it!

And I'd like to add how much I hate people who clog the aisle side-by-side so they can chit-chat.

You can always give them an 'excuse me', but you shouldn't need a hint to the sheilas that this is inconsiderate as fuck. And if they get the chance they'll probably backstab you later because people that inconsiderate are petty children.

>10 minutes till close
>registers unironically lock alcohol sales at 15 till midnight
>dude rushes in
>Hey man can I buy beer
>No it's locked me out, I can't sell alcohol but you can across the street I think or at the gas stations still
>NAW MAN I'M ALREADY HERE!
>runs to the back
>gets back few minutes later
>Does the error beep for me not allowing to sell it
>AWWW MAN WHAT GIVES WHERE'S YOUR MANAGER YOU SAID I HAD TIME!!!!!

aldi has the fastest moving checkout in the universe

Or those people that hangout with their friend when they're grocery shopping and they take up room at the checkout line. There would be a big empty gap on the checkout conveyor and I can't place my groceries on it because some faggot is texting on his phone.

>tfw making a completely unconventional thanksgiving dinner because my parents hate turkey and all that other shit

Last year we had lasagna for thanksgiving. It was great because all the stores had cheese for really cheap.

Honestly I’d do that just so customers actually understand how FUCKED the back stock of most retail/grocery stores are. And that we don’t have some kind of advanced computer system that can just magically tell me exactly what we have and where it is. It’s just semi-organized piles of shit on shelves and pallets that I have to search through by hand.

Is it true that you find poisonous spiders and snakes when handling a shipment of produce?

>Work at a pharmacy inside a grocery store
>3 signs at each register and one huge ass sign behind them say WE CAN ONLY CHECK OUT 5 ITEMS; NO ALCOHOL OR PRODUCE
>"I have 8 items, is that okay?"
>"Can you scan these beers for me?"
>"I know you don't have a scale, but please charge me for these apples. I think they weigh around a pound hahaha"

Stores that still accept checks
Old people who write fucking checks

>dude obviously sketch comes in
>starts writing a check for a bunch of shit
>tries to sneak in gift card
>we can't take check for gift cards
>but I legit customer wheres da manager
>call over manager
>says the same thing
>Alright all right I get cash back then
>check comes back asking for punch in of check and ID# verification
>I ain't got my ID on me
>Well I can't sell this
>GIVE ME THE MANAGER THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

Bullshit, you and I both know you have a teleporter that can zap the items I need right now into my cart, you just keep the supply low so you can control the prices!

>Find.
lol no.
We have a machine that puts the spiders and shit in the produce before we put it on the floor.

When I am at the checkout and something doesn't scan, the cashier normally gets all rude and doesn't laugh when I joke about how that must mean it's free.

>I know you don't have a scale
Do third worlders really do this? Even the smaller local chain has a built in scale on the scanner.

>Grocery Store Wishes
I wish grocery stores used a register queue like Fry's.
I wish my store had automatic change dispensing.
I wish customers had to rent carts so that they always put them back.
I wish we didn't allow eating/drinking in the store.
I wish registers weren't designed with 5' midgets in mind.
I wish my break room didn't smell like spoiled ramen noodles.
I wish pajeets would shower every other day minimum.

>Register queue
That sounds like a fucking nightmare
>Hey I just wanna buy these two things
>Okay get behind these 18 people with full carts

She is there because she is stealing half her groceries.

Few items could use self checkout. or you could still have a couple registers for less items.
In the queue there is usually a worker directing customers to open registers.

Fry's electronics is that way for loss prevention control, you can't not be aware of this prior to going in. Now if it was Fry's the grocery store I'd go insane

They do at the registers at the front of the store and at the registers near the deli. There aren't any at the pharmacy because it's not efficient.

I work in management for a major grocery retailer in the north east. You know what I hate about grocery stores? Fucking everything.

Yes, but what do you hate fucking the most?

The fucking people. The customers who constantly have something to bitch about, my employees that constantly have something to bitch about. 90% of my job is babysitting and ass kissing.

>be me
>Assistant manager tells me to tuck my shirt in
>Tell him to fuck off
>GM comes and tells me to do it
>Tell him I'm busy I'll do it when I get a chance
>Don't tuck shirt in ever
>Quit a week later because I got a better job

You never realized how edgy you were until years had passed. I'm kinda shocked I didn't get fired, but not really because nobody wanted to work there.

That's every job in management.

In lidl they always scan faster than you can bag it and don't bag it for you

>Going through orientation for new job.
>Feel old as fuck because I am sitting in a room full of goddamn kids.
>"Blah blah, we have security here, blah blah, you will probably never see them, blah blah"
>Don't want to chime in that I already noticed the two LP officers the store has, because they all look the goddamn same.

>customer asks me to do some outlandish shit for them
>tell them no
>BUH BUH BUT THEY DO IT FOR ME ALL THE TIME!!
Once had a customer bring me a pile of packs of ground beef, demanding that I mark them all down 40%
>sir this was ground and packaged today
>YEAH BUT THE SELL BY DATE IS ONLY 3 DAYS FROM NOW
>that's the base amount, sir. I can't mark them down until the morning of the sell by date
>NUH UH THEY DO IT FOR ME ALL THE TIME!!!

>Checking out
>Everything is neatly in order
>Offer to help the clerk with bagging
>Finish up bagging
>Mexican hobgoblin already pushed her cart all the way up into my rib cage
>Can't access cc machine unless she moves
>Everybody in line has to move 3 feet back

I don't get set off by this but it happens way too often

Having to bag my own shit because the store is understaffed/too cheap to hire enough bag boys to fill the demand.

all the grocery stores I live around you have to bag your own. What's the big deal, to lazy?

RT bonus points if they're in a scooter, double bonus if they don't actually need the scooter

>customer buys reduced shit
>comes back saying it doesn't taste fresh and wants to exchange it
>BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ANYMORE
>Well I can refund you your money
>I wanna exchange it, yo sign says I can do that!
>Yeah but not reduced stuff
>I WANT THE MANAGER!!!!!!!
>Manager doesn't have time for this shit or care
>yeah okay ms whatever
>Manager asks me wtf is up with that
>Didn't you see it was reduced meat?
>No
>lady is already out the door by then

Dude I love mario kart

You forgot
>couple who don't need it
>ride side by side in the isle

People actually buy the reduced meat?

If you're cooking it that day why not.

>Customer wants an item discounted.
>Because it's a display.
>Tell them we have a boxed model, we have to pay someone to build that shit, so no.
>"But it's damaged, I want it for a discount."
>It's not damaged.
>"Yes it is, there is a scratch right here"
>Customer produces a fucking knife and gouges the display.
>Tell them to get the fuck out of my store.
>Just loud enough to get attention.
>The customer is confused, still holding a fucking knife, asks me what the fuck my problem is.
>Someone else tells him to get the fuck out of the store.
>Look behind him and see another customer, who is telling this retard to get the fuck out.
>Notice that this new customer is open carrying, and this idiot is brandishing a knife around.
>Brain sends note to feet to take two side steps so I stay a bystander and not a victim if this goes full retard.
>Dude drops the knife and books it out of the store.
Got a free knife out of it all.

I have had customers buy reduced price fish that smelled like it was forgotten in the summer heat for a few weeks.

It slows down the lines you dunce.

Fucking hell I used to see these same two redneck looking fucks regularly at my old retail job that would do that. They'd also back them up in unison and you'd hear the loud as fuck BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP the whole time.

>aka managers special
they can call it whatever to make it sound like a good deal. it tricks people all the time into having a 'deal'

If working retail has done anything to me at all, it has instilled in me a deep hatred for stupid fucking rednecks. I’d rather deal with Jamal T. Dindu than Cletus McCousinfucker.

Because it's been sitting there for three days.

There is a high chance you aren't going to notice the difference depending on the meat

If it's steak it's completely fine. Ground beef can be sort of sketchy, avoid fish and chicken like the plague.

I had a million rage inducing stories while working in the kroger deli for a few months. I almost quit right on the spot for one of these times.
>3rd and final month at the deli
>never was given a working login for the RF gun
>just do markdowns user lol
I would go through this EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY that someone else has to log in, mine doesnt work. My goldfish brained mexican manager would either call IT who wasnt there, or they would refuse to do their job, or she would just sign in for me. I literally went through this whole ordeal every day. Anyway, it was Christmas eve of 2014, Im cleaning up by myself and about to turn off the deli lights and leave the store, already did markdowns, the rf gun is off and in the office.
>an actual jew comes in
>he looks and sounds like /pol/ made this guy for a jew character in a vidya game or a cartoon
>looking at the deli cold case
>fuck. dont talk to me dont talk to me dont talk to me dont-
>excuse me
>god. dammit.
>he holds up discounted fried chicken
>could I have a discount on this?
>well Ive already marked it down, I cant mark it down anymore.
>could you try?
>....what? No, I mean I cant even if I wanted to, its impossible right now.
>please im trying to feed a family with this. Can you just discount it?
the thing is like 2 fucking 50 by the way.
>I CANT
>JUST TRY
>you dont have 3 dollars and youre trying to feed a family with cold fried chicken???? you are bad at this!
at this point it wants to talk to my manager.
>no, leave me alone.
>I wanna talk to yuh manageuh!!!
>FUCK OFF GO AWAY. YOU FIND MY MANAGER YOURSELF FAGGOT
Ive lost my shit and im screaming while at the same time wondering if I should wait around to be fired or walk out. It was my last few days anyway.
>the jew goes away (with the chicken) and finds my manager
>as im leaving my manager sees me and while laughing says I shouldnt scream at customers

anyone thats ever worked in a grocery store, I am so sorry you were subjected to that.

I have a rage story every time I go to the Kroger deli.

user, you have to think customers first. :^)

I moved to a college town a year ago, lots of FOB Chinese. When they go shopping it’s like a carnival to them.

>student
>girlfriend/boyfriend
>all of their parents
>at least 2 grandparents
>maybe a couple of other kids and hangers on
>gawking at all the fresh meat and produce, poking and squeezing everything, wandering around in vague aimlessness, blocking aisles and babbling in wongspeak

No we don’t sell dog or cat. Yes all our meat is humanely slaughtered without being tortured first. Why did you bring four generations of your extended family to buy six packets of ramen and two steaks?

Why the FUCK did they stop cutting meat?
Do they employ literal retards that don't know how to operate machinery?
No offence,

There is a Super King market rightbymyhouse. They have great selection, and good prices in food and booze, but God fucking damnit, that place is a nightmare because it's an "international" market, so they sell all sorts of ethnic foods, which means you get people of every ethnicity there.

Why in gods name do they take three generations shopping?? I mean the place would be busy anyway. There isn't enough parking, and only 1 cart caddy in the parking lot, so people leave their carts all over fucking everywhere, blocking valuable parking spots. Holy shit.

>close grill down at 7:45
>put multiple signs up saying closed
>8:15 polish person brings up filleted prime ribeye
>knocks over closed sign holding 1 lb steak up to my face
>'can you cook plz i want well done i be back in 4 minutes'
>tell him i turned everything off 30 mins ago
>'oh can you take this back to butcher im too embarass now'
>mfw
they had to spoil that shit since the guy made the butchers fillet it all weird and shit

A deep hatred and no remorse

>cool black delivery guy I always shoot the shit with comes in one day and buys a candy bar
>i give him my discount on the spot because i like talking to him, he saves 20 cents
>comes the next day and buys 20 candy bars asking for that same discount

Never will I do favors for black people ever again.

I don't work at a grocery store, but I am absolutely appalled that apparently nobody in my fucking town knows how to put the carts away.

>$4.00

Thats $4 I am liable for now that I am giving for free and if I didn't stop him there he would try this shit every day.

Where's the 'returned carts to corral or handed them to incoming customer, alignment? Correcting other peoples's shit isn't hard, and handing a new cart to a customer who just parked takes just a few seconds from my life.

Just appalled he would put you in that position to save $4.00

>Just nigger things

What the fuck kind of store has a grill in it that customers can bring their own meat to?

I just simply get triggered by the 300+ pound people with two carts full of cheezits and capri suns that they’re buying with fucking ebt

whole foods
although not all of them i think my store is one of the few that does it in this region

That's pretty based tbqh

yeah its cool
we dont really make any money so they are closing it down eventually but you can get nice burgers, steaks and fish and just give them to me and i cook em up for no extra charge besides the cost of the item itself

I work in one of the biggest Wal-Mart's in Canada. People are really fucking stupid.

We have hundreds of shopping carts right at the front door, but apparently that's not good enough. People leave shit all over the store. If I'm working in a particular department, whenever i find shit that people have left that doesn't belong in that department, I put it in a shopping cart to go up to the customer service desk, where it's sorted and sent back to where it belongs. At least once a week some fuck who can't think far enough ahead to grab a shopping cart at the front of the store when they first arrive will instead dump the contents of MY cart onto the floor and take my cart for their shopping.

And seriously, stop parking your carts perpendicular to the aisles and blocking the aisles. And don't give me that dirty look when I ask you to move your cart so I can get by. I'm not going all the way around every single time this happens, I have a quota to meet.

No, you can't open the fucking package. If after opening it you decide that you don't want it, we can't sell it, so we lose money. Why this is so hard for people to understand, I'll never know.

NO WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE SNES/NES MINIS IN STOCK and no I'm not going to the back to look. We got 108 SNES minis on launch day and we sold ALL of them to people who lined up overnight/early in the morning.

Don't bitch at me when you find two completely different shoes in a shoebox. With the number of customers that we get, making a fucking mess, and considering the size of the department, do you really think we have the time to check every single box on a regular basis to make sure it has the correct pair?

No, we don't have light-up shoes in adult sizes. No, we don't carry high heels in men's sizes. No, I'm not going to search the whole store for the missing shoe to go with the one you found, this is an everyday problem that wouldn't fucking happen if customers didn't feel the need to trash the place as they shop.

>at grocery store
>buying beer
>little 18 year old Stacy cashier asks to see ID
>says "thanks, sweetie"
>tfw 28
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKYOUCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNT
FUCKYOUCUNT

>Wal-Mart
theres your problem bud walmart is for trash people of course they are gonna have no fuckin manners

>stacy uses term of endearment with user
>user flies into autistic rage
checks out

lol no

i don't work in a grocery store anymore, but i saw this shit all the fucking time with chinese people and i really don't know why. they always travel in groups of at least four, talk loudly nonstop, have no ability to understand that other people are also trying to look at shit, and buy as much shit at once as possible. usually people who don't speak english are nice about it, chinese tourists tend to become FURIOUS if you try to communicate with them in english and do not understand them. i work at a clothing store now and still see the same shit.

Oddly, Aldi's in Illinois seems to have the best produce and the better checkouts. No fucking clue why, it was poverty trash in the other four states I lived.

This happens everywhere in retail and hospitality though.
>friend works at post office
>it closes at 5pm
>someone comes in at 4:59pm saying "I need this package delivered to 150miles away within the hour!"
>next mail truck isn't until 9am next morning
>friend tells guy "Well I guess you better start driving then"
>customer gets all offended because he doesn't realize there's only 1 maybe 2 mail trucks a day

or a hospitality kitchen story
>be me, working in a hostel
>ski town, high season
>kitchen closes at 11pm because you cant trust drunks not to trash the place or set it on fire by morning
>signs EVERYWHERE saying "Do your fucking dishes"
>no-one does their fucking dishes
>manager is too much of a cuck to kick people out or charge extra to people who dont do them
>get in the habit of getting into the kitchen and starting to clear people out at 10:30
>every 2nd night there's still some motherfucker wanting to come in and cook "dinner" 10min before kitchen closes
>kick everyone out, lock door at 11
>drunks banging the door at 11:30~12 wanting to get to their beer
>it's fucking Canada, they could've just put their beer outside but drunks cant into planning ahead

where the 'cart with bad wheel handed to incoming customer'?

Not to mention
>that hippie/vegan that stirs 3 pounds of quinoa for almost 2 hours
>finally finishes cooking it
>eat 2 spoonfulls
>pours the rest into the sink
>complains he's broke when he buys expensive meme grains then throws it away
>wonders why the hostel charges him extra when we have to get a plumber in to clear his fucking shit out of the grease trap

put it in your cart and bag somewhere else their costs are low because their staff levels are low and therefore you have to do the bare minimum to keep their costs low. you are not a team player.

>You goddamn monster

Damn Canada really is like America

Chinese are the niggers of asia.

She was hitting on you you absolute sperg

that's lidl buddy

It's Aldi not Aldis you fucking piece of shit

You know what pisses people off more than that? When I do exactly this but pay with a stack of cash.

We are in a lot of ways. Whenever I see fellow Canadians look down their nose at Burgerfats I always cringe a little; we have loads of retards, loads of hamplanets, etc. We just have the luxury of having far fewer nogs and few Mexicans - however, we've got many poos and kebab which our PM masturbates to.