How do I read more, Veeky Forums? I'm very interested in literature, and I do enjoy reading once I get into a book...

How do I read more, Veeky Forums? I'm very interested in literature, and I do enjoy reading once I get into a book. The problem is I often find myself losing interest, and watching a movie instead. How do I commit?

easy mode: turn off all distractions, find a cozy place that you can always resort to read and repeat this ritual in a certain time of day, everyday.

medium mode: read whenever you feel like in a certain cozy place

hard mode: read in a fucking bus or train

>this picture
you young r9k faggots make the shittest threads.
go back.

Robots need read too

read for an hour before bed
read at beach
read in bath

can you explain to me what's /r9k/ and why it is faced with much hatred in our board?
I really don't feel like lurking it.

why insist on posting such a lame pity party picture to a question that has nothing to do with it? save that shit for r9k.

demographically unified group of young men who blame their failures in life and love on women rather than their inability to function socially or wash their bodies.

No, maybe some of us do that but most of us are self aware and realistic enough to realise that only reason we are unattractive to women are our genetics.

Ugliness, shortness, autism etc. have nothing to do with our free will.

I know that I write a bit "retardedly" but that's because I'm not a native speaker.

Holt shit guys, I just picked the first image on my phone, I just wanted tips on getting into reading.

Oh, i'm glad i didn't went there anyways.
the chance someone can be totally physically unattractive is about 0.1%
If someone doesn't look like this guy, they're all set.

You probably have a short attention span due to the time you spend on the internet. It's quite common, since when browsing you constantly change your focus.
Also, it's easy to just go watch a movie instead, because it demands less effort. When watching a movie, you are passively receiving entertainment; when you read, the words are there and you must actively absorb them.
You should probably start with some easy books with themes that interest you. What would these be? We could recommend you titles or authors.

Set aside 3 hours.

Read for 25 minutes
After 25 minutes take a 5 minute break - stretch your legs, get some water, or whatever
Repeat

It goes by fast, believe me.

Yeah, I definately have a short attention span, that's partially why I want to cut down on trash entertainment. I want to read the essential books, but I'm mostly attracted to political themes. I've read 1984 and animal farm, which I liked. Also I've read some books by Hamsun. Got halfway into the trial by kafka, but didn't read for a few months and I couldn't just start reading from where I left off.
Just recommend whatever good books to start with.

1. Decide on a book you would like to read.
2. Acquire the book.
3. Set aside time every day to read the book.
4. Read the book during the allotted time.
5. Continue the process until the book is complete.

I love reading on public transport. Really focuses my mind.

What about reading before bed Veeky Forums?

I do it and it helps me sleep too, totally recommended

Make sure you're not too tired.

lol, what a totally delusional thing to believe. physical appearance is literally all that matters in terms of romantic/sexual success, and a pretty good percentage of men are too ugly to ever be attractive to women.

I think you would like ham on rye by bukowski, the prose is rather simple and the main character is quite relatable to the robot archetype. It's not a real classic but it's still quite enjoyable.

lol

Of course, if you're bound by vanity, appearance is all that matters.

Such a shame one might choose this path.

What are you doing to maximize whatever miniscule potential you have?
Don't resort to pity party failure-gatherings like /r9k/. Get fit first and learn how to talk to socialize by throwing yourself into the lion's den and just dealing with it.
You'll fall on your face and first but you'll never see those people again so practice on strangers.
When you get social enough with people, try girls. Normal men struggle with this so it's going to be tough but that bridge will come when it does. Focus on normal social interactions now. Even if it's just "hello" or saying something that comes to your mind to the cash register mook.

If you really go at it you'll be able to bag a 4 or 5/10 easy, and thats a lot better than getting further and further sucked into the toxic hellhole that is a place like that.
Catastrophic for your emotional and mental health desu

Please, don't try.
He made his mind.
Let him venerate vanity as a god.

But to actually answer OP...

I have the same problem. There's an image somewhere that describes it perfectly- cycles of watching movies/playing games because that spark of interest waxes and wanes. I just got out of one and am finally going to read some fun fantasy shlock.

Honestly, fpbp. I find it easier to psyche myself up for reading by popping in on Veeky Forums and seeing the whirling discussion of darling works, fantasy included and it gets me excited by painting a potential world for me to step into. I've built up a decent beginner's library so it's just a matter of matching the book to my mood.

Now to read Gene Wolfe or Tolkien...

>Just recommend whatever good books to start with.
Very short books. Fahrenheit 451, Siddhartha, Of Mice and Men.

Awful self esteem. You need to find a way to man up, plain and simple. It literally does not matter what you look like if you can hold down a family and you are a confident, strong person. You can do that, it's possible. It may not seem likely, but it can be done and starting a little at a time is the way to do it.

this is good advice for shy or awkward average looking people, but it's totally different for actually ugly people. women despise unattractive men trying to interact with them socially, they are actually disgusted by it. now, i work with plenty of women, and after interacting with them in the confines of work and them getting to know me i get along with them well, even socially. but if you're ugly and try to interact casually with women you don't have an 'official' connection to, they will be disgusted and all other future interactions with them will be unbearably awkward.

but yes, this IS good advice for average looking people who just feel shy or socially awkward, but things are totally different for ugly people. it's hard for men to understand because they feel like they wouldn't mind at all if an ugly girl tried to chat them but but for women it's totally different, they care about looks a lot more than men.

See I always thought men cared more about looks.
Women care if men are capable and confident.

If you're a sorry ol 2/10 you can get like a 5 or 6 no problem if you have other good qualities. Good women are hard to find to begin with even for normals. Same goes for good men.

face it user, women are awful

I look like that guy.

no, women only care about looks. it's a very pernicious myth that they looks don't matter to them as much. the difference is they care more about other things too, but they still care about looks more than anything else. they have much higher standards than men. an ugly woman can get with decent looking men sometimes, but an ugly man can never, ever, ever get with a decent looking woman.

Read Notes from the Underground and your set, there

>women only care about looks
>they care more about other things too, but they still care about looks more than anything else
????

hes saying if you have status or money a women will be far more likely to date and fuck you in hopes of getting in on it but they will still never truly love you because of your looks no matter how much they may pretend to.

What if you look like chad but are still a virgin

>look like a chad

prove it

Women care more about other things than looks than men do, but they care more about looks than any of them.
First "more" is quantity, second one is quality.

In the bath? Should i laminate every page beforehand?

i don't think i've ever seen an image trigger people more than this one.

that said, i pretty much look and dress exactly like this guy and do every one of these things.

Someone post the "alpha walk" image