What do you guys think about Rene Guenon and traditionalism?

What do you guys think about Rene Guenon and traditionalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4zeJYM_G1Ok
worldwisdom.com/public/viewpdf/default.aspx?article-title=The_Question_of_Protestantism_by_Frithjof_Schuon.pdf
conspiracyschool.com/blog/shills-spooks-and-sufis-service-empire-case-maryamiyyah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i am balls deep into evola right now, guenon is next in my list, and planning to go through eliade's a history of religious Ideas after those 2 guys

>Guenon
When you are so far-right and traditional you end up becoming an arabic speaking muslim.

>i am balls deep into evola right now

Disgusting. Are all Evola readers like you?

I do not like Evola with his Kshatriya worldview. Strictly speaking, even Guenon called him a fool behind his back (in letters to his friends), because Evola tried to criticize his understanding of Vedanta. But Eliade is not bad, such soft-traditionalist. In addition to his work on the history of religions, I advise you to read his "Myth and reality" (although I do not know if this work exists in English).
Schuon said that Guenon "chose" the Islamic way, because he in fact had no choice: he did not admit the initiatic nature of the Christian sacraments, Buddhism in that time he considered as a heterodox teaching, and Hindu initiation was inaccessible to him because of the caste system. And then we don't know if he would become a muslim without settling in Egypt, as he got an initiation into the Sufi Tarikat while still living in Paris, not thinking of practicing Islam. Thus, Guenon chose the initiation and not the "Islamic way".

traditionalism is way cool
world wisdom press is generally cool

evola is evola
guenon is great
coomaraswamy is great
titus burckhardt is cool
martin lings is cool
schuon, eh

sufism is good mysticism

Guenon seems a little preachy and a little redundant for my taste. He doesn't really go into the historical/anthropological aspects of traditionalism, and he also rejects modern works without much explanation other than "it's too materialistic" or "low level." I think it leaves much to be desired.

That being said, I still think he's an interesting read and would recommend him.

In fact, this is a very good reason, the western researchers are wrong approach. Why? He explains this almost in every book.

He was annoyed with Evolas political projects as well, whatever he viewed of it he thought it devalued the religious aspect

Yes, and in this sense, too. He looked at fascism and all that "right-wing" stuff with contempt (as well as at philosophy, unlike Evola). By the way, Guenon and Evola were in correspondence for about 20 years, and Guenon strongly influenced Evola, especially as regards changing his views to more "passive-contemplative" (such as "man among the ruins", "riding a tiger," etc.), otherwise Evola would have been a "rebel" and a dadaist all his life.

Bump

They're all gnostics. Real traditionalism is based on a revealed religion with dogmatic metaphysical claims, not a general theory of universalist deism.

Only Guenon was a true gnostic. Some guys like Schuon were such as you described – close to religious frenzy.

Never understood why Guenon didn't choose Orthodox Christianity. They literally put tradition as the basis for their religion. The bible is just another tradition for them.

As I have already said, he did not admit the initiatic character of the Christian sacraments, since they degenerated very long ago due to the fact that they "appealed to everyone". Although you may remember how he wrote about the Orthodox Hesychasm, he did not admit him either, arguing that he had degenerated back in Byzantium.

I think, he would definitely do it if he knew about the Old Believers.

>this is what exoteric plebs actually believe

orthodoxy is just a part of slavic identity, not a random universal religon everyone just joins like in the west

Are you Schuonian?

Sufis are degenerate. I will be disappointed if you waste your knowledge on Trads. They will recruit a guy like you in a heartbeat.

you realize that being a trad is the end of the rabbit hole
the most enlightened way of life

Isn't that a bit of a problem, though, considering Christianity by its nature is meant to be a universal religion?

you are looking only at the exoteric part of the religion
on the inside christianity among indoeuropeans, just like sufi islam is an indoeuropean religion, but with a christian coating

>on the inside christianity among indoeuropeans, just like sufi islam is an indoeuropean religion, but with a christian coating
sounds interesting but could you reformulate the sentence? seems like you made a mess of it and some of the meaning is lost

Nevertheless, nothing prevented Guenon from becoming a follower of Islam, which according to your logic is part of the Arab identity.
No, I'm more of a follower of Guenon (though rather Dugin), and Schuon is interesting for me only as a source of information about Guenon, well, or simply as a relatively famous representative of traditionalism.

christianity as we know it is not the jewish religion from palestine,
it is such only on the outside,
when indoeuropeans were converted, they kept esoteric aspect of their pagan religions, but merely turned exoteric aspect from the pagan one to christian

thats why christianity among the slavs is just slavic paganism coated with christianity

sufi islam is indoeuroepan at its core not arab
youtube.com/watch?v=4zeJYM_G1Ok

Undoubtedly, therefore, Orthodoxy is also Indo-European, and not only Slavic.

thing is that while islam is more open to outsiders and converts,
orthodoxy is interconnected with particular slavic identity

for example if you become a memebr of the serbian orthodox church you oughta be a serb
if you become a member of the russian orthodox church, you oughta be a russian

its not as universal as western christianity or islam

>riding a tiger
Spotted the wiki douche

guenon actually said riding the tiger is a retarded idea evola forged out of his misconceptions caused by his infatuation by the fash

i cant source it tho and youll have to take my word for it

Guenon should have had a bullet put in his faggot head. I love riding the tiger, he is a great guy and I would vouch for him any time. He is handsome and would never bite anyone who didn't deserve it.
tiger = goat
guenon = fag

>t. recently converted natsoc who defends his entry tier senpai evola

Well not really though, orthodox churches are pretty close to each other, we just don't have a universal pope above us to be a slave to. We are all brethren. Except Bulgarins, nobody likes them

>orthodox churches are pretty close to each other
thats because they all share he common slavic identity

>Except Bulgarins, nobody likes them
thats because they are mongol-tier asians

Dunno man, Greeks aren't Slavic but we still love them, even though they are greedy tzintzars

Bump

I subscribe to the perennial philosophy but find it hard to make the actual jump and live within a tradition. I grew up as a lutheran and not really sure if it can be considered a viable tradition.

>>Except Bulgarins, nobody likes them
>thats because they are mongol-tier asians

Nice russian propaganda there mate.

Protestants are the most anti-traditional and counter-initiative school in Christianity. Shame on you! It has nothing to do with perennialism.

yep, protestantism is basically what you get when you scrape all the juicy traditional paganism from christianity, which is just a step down from going full progressive

Just to clarify, I don't really disagree with what you have said. Lutheranism was just something I grew up with. Also do you have, any thoughts on worldwisdom.com/public/viewpdf/default.aspx?article-title=The_Question_of_Protestantism_by_Frithjof_Schuon.pdf ?

Guenon was alright if you somehow think reading about "initiation" is interesting but all his followers were extremely suspicious characters.

conspiracyschool.com/blog/shills-spooks-and-sufis-service-empire-case-maryamiyyah

Are you pyccиaн cyкa блядь?

Дa.

Bump

>trads

They're interesting. I went through a phase of it. These days not so much. Learning to prefer Catholicism, greatly.

I admit I have a bit of a susceptibility to personality cults.

In French, guenon is the name of the female monkey.