Anybody Veeky Forums & Veeky Forums

Anybody Veeky Forums & Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc
youtube.com/watch?v=_ps_q9ycuDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm like a strongman fat, I do a lot of weight training. Trying to cut now because I'm plenty big now, just flabby. I'm not super lit but I read

that cgi is stupid. why does he have ridges in his exoskeleton costume thing if it fucking bends like a skinsuit

I just got done reading some Psalms and now I'm heading to the gym to deadlift with the bros for a few hours. Then I plan to come home and progress on a short story for one of this months deadlines after I take a shower and eat.

There's nothing more fulfilling than making gains with a barbell and literary pursuits in the same day.

/fat/ here

Veeky Forums & Veeky Forums was the Ancient Greek ideal. The philsophers would train in the gymnasion alongside the athletes. Socrates even called out people who neglected their fitness.

I wake up at 4:30 am and run until sunrise. I return home, make black tea and eggs. I begin writing by 6:00 or 6:30 am every morning. I write until 9:00 am. I take the train to the office and work until 6:00. I return home by 6:30 and read until around 9:30. Then I fall asleep and repeat.

I have read 10 books this year, I am 45 pages into my first novel, and I look and feel immaculate.

Discipline is key.

But in Greece it had practical purpose
I doubt most Veeky Forumsizens do it to prevent Sparta from taking over Athens
I have a feeling a lot do it for superficial reasons thought there must be some who do it for their wellbeing

>I have read ten books this year

Guess who's novel no one will be reading?

How do I stop shin splints?

>not mine because I can't tell the difference between who's and whose

>more than half way through the year
>bragging about reading 10 books

I dont browse that board of latent faggots but ive been preaching weightlifting to these amorphous blobs on Veeky Forums for about 6 years

1) Whose

2) You have no idea the amount of nonfiction I read, nor the amount of novels I've read in the past.

3) Kys

Have you ever thought people might enjoy exercising?

Veeky Forumslit/fa masterrace reporting in

>believing in quantity over quality

Calcium, vitamin D, drop the culprit activity

I usually cycle to keep fit and get around town. Currently I haven't been cycling for three weeks now. I attribute this to low motivation, rooted in depression.

have you been diagnosed?

I run avout five miles a day and do some basic bodyweight exercises.
Compression sleeves helped me but I don't think there's any way to completely eliminate them. It'll just take a couple weeks of lighter runs.
>lol in the modern age nobody needs to be healthy I can still shitpost at 400 pounds

I have, as of 2013/2014, which in relative terms is not that long ago.

Kek

What books

And don't worry bout the neck beards they are unemployed and jelly

>Veeky Forums

/out/fit/lit/ here. Running, calisthenics, hiking, camping, and reading.

was that photo taken at the train station?

Yes. Didn't fancy driving to the mountains that week so took the train.

It's seating that gave it away, have the same at a train station near me, only in different colours including rust.

How was your trip?

Is this a screenshot from Prometheus or Alien Covenant?

Agreed.

>Moby Dick
>Billy Budd
>Libra
>Underworld
>War & War
>Mythology by Edith Hamilton
>The Sound and the Fury
>As I Lay Dying
>Nine Stories
>Franny and Zooey

And then a series of nonfiction works about geography, geology, and various explorers of the "old world."

You?

It was good thank you. The major success was getting up to >25 miles a day. However, the landscape became tedious so I finished the hike a little early so I could save some pennies to use on a more exciting walk.

Sure I bet some do, but then you wouldn't care about how you'd look

Veeky Forums is pretty much an anti-health board desu. purely vanity driven at all costs.

where u been senpai

Sounds good.

I want to go cycling in a national park for day and build up from that into a cycling tour for a few days.

Took my bike up the other year on the train and only cycled about 14km due to the terrain, got the bus back to the train station fortunately. Still enjoyable.

This year I learn theres now only one bus that accepts bicycles, well better than nothing I guess.

Nice!
Books with current bookmarks
Dubliners (halfway)
Ulysses
Faust
The Prophet (finished)
Frankenstein
The Golden Bough
He Who Gets Slapped

Working on it

The Greeks and Romans absolutely did work out purely for aesthetic reasons. Not all of them, slaves for instance or subsistence farmers, but middle class citizens and up went to the gymnasion for socializing, for fun, and to get sick glutes and shredded quads, probably even more than we do today.

On top of this were athletic competitions with military training in mind such as foot races in armor, javelin throwing, fencing (short sword and shield) wrestling, and boxing, but these were also sports pursued for their own sake, as we do today. Military drill as members of the citizen militia would be in addition to every day athletics. Fat or skinny members of the citizen class were ridiculed as lazy, weak, self-indulgent, etc. Nobody gave a shit what slaves, barbarians and women did with themselves though.

Damn man I am dying to have the time/energy to read The Golden Bough.

Did you enjoy it? Learn a lot?

wow such productivity for a 4channer

You are the only people in my life who I can discuss literature with, even if the discussions are mostly trash.

Prometheus. It's near the very end.

>And then a series of nonfiction works about geography, geology, and various explorers of the "old world."

This sounds interesting. What's the name of the series?

Honestly man with a book like that it's more like a 25ft block of marble and you sort of spend half the time circling it trying to get a perspective, chiseling a few passages here and there, seeing other works based on it before returning to it, etc. What I've digested so far has been provoking to say the least but I'm not gonna pretend it's a book you sit down with and read through. Most of the stuff I read was so out of this world I had to look it up and then fall down a rabbit hole of browsing tabs. That's what it is, the references found in just a chapter of the book is enough to begin the engine theoretical possibilities. It's pretty sweet.

I'm trying. I guess the Veeky Forums part is mostly out of vanity because I'm tired of being flabby and looking like a nerd. Healthiness is a worthy goal but I'm more concerned with my appearance desu.

If you're jacked and reading a book at the gym while on a recline bike or something similar, expect adulatory glances and smiles from sexy babes.

>much think. many muscles

It was a crappy movie. I don't have any other reason for you.

Yes I was a late bloomer and spent those years of social neglect becoming the most Veeky Forums boy wonder the world has ever seen.

Then the chan orb revolved and by Veeky Forums I mean that I developed into a 9/10 otter mode Chad.

It's hell. I'm too Veeky Forums to deign to sport with the hordes of base wenches who throw themselves in my path, but I'm too Veeky Forums to leave the dik unacknowledged.

Somewhere out there must be my female counterpart but where.

Same except I found her when I was 19 now we have a 3 yo son

when do you live?

do you have anything to write about?

Everyone has everything to write about. Doesn't matter where you live.

For me, it is answering the question of would you fuck a ghost if you loved it more than your wife.

It's not CGI you pseuds.

You're great

My ideal life would consist in playing soccer, reading, writing, smoking weed and hanging out with other friends. Grad school was basically as close as I would ever get to making that a reality, but it was awfully stressful, to the point that I stopped exercising almost entirely by the end of it.

I finished this spring, have already lost 15 pounds and stopped smoking weed, but all I do is play soccer and watch Netflix. I think I'm just recuperating after the load of grad school, but I haven't convinced myself to get back to disciplining my mind again yet. It's hard to balance being both Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.

it's not CGI and it's an alien race, you don't know what it's made of or the purpose of it's appearance. It looks to be mostly organic and grown onto (or out from) the body. Which makes sense, if much of your life involves interacting with tech, being able to organically interface with it is a standard thing, so a biotech suit of sorts is convenient. Such attachments and fuses of tech into our own bodies will be more and more common in the coming centuries.
vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc

Thanks user

what a shit movie

Why was it a shit movie?

biologist trying to pet the snake thing
people are unable to run sideways
map dude gets lost
blonde chick fucks to prove she's cool
etc etc
waste of money and time

>Anybody Veeky Forums & Veeky Forums
Read The Orestia, went to the gym & did a 20hr fast today. Tbh I am pretty Veeky Forums and trying to be more Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.

This.

1. Lift weights.
2. 10 books is nothing to brag about.

>smoking weed
kys
>stopped smoking weed
nvm you're alright

>Not reading The Bible in between sets.

that sounds like absolute torture and a complete waste of time

I mean as far as reading goes, I do a lot more of it if I'm smoking. It's pretty enjoyable but not an integral part of life.

what is that series about the explorers called?

When, not where.

The Encyclopedia of Exploration

Not if your goal in life is to be an Author.

>What ring u got bitch?

Correct your form and stop being fat

Do you need a bf? Will you be my bf if you need a bf and if I need a bf? I need a bf.

Who can dispute these numerals?

Pretty Veeky Forums . Recently hit 2/3/4/5 if that means anything here. I've been working to get more Veeky Forums now that I am full Veeky Forums and have tfw no gf anymore ;_;

>I wake up at 4:30 am and run until sunrise
What do you do in the winter?

>It's hard to balance being both Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.
I wonder: who could be behind this post?

>2/3/4/5
Explain?

>The fat cat sat on the flat mat of rat-scat. The fat cat sat on the flat mat of rat-scat. The fat cat sat on the flat mat of rat-scat. The fat cat sat on the flat mat of rat-scat. The fat cat sat on the flat mat of rat-scat.
>Whoa! Page 45 already?
Glad you look and feel immaculate. Have you considered modeling?

youtube.com/watch?v=_ps_q9ycuDw

very impressive. 1/2/3/4 is a hefty goal for most adult men. The numbers refer to the # of 45 lb (or 20 kg) plates on each side of a barbell. Each number (2/3/4/5) refers to a specific lift. 2 is overhead press (this is the most impressive of all them IMO, 2 pl8 OHP is really fucking heavy), 3 is 3 pl8 bench, 4 pl8 squat, 5 pl8 diddly aka deadlift.

Anyway good job user. I find reading after the gym to be the most cathartic thing ever.

2 "plate" Overhead Press (225 lbs, 100kgs)
3 plate Bench Press (315 lbs, 140kgs)
4 plate Squat (405 lbs, 180kgs)
5 plate Deadlift (495 lbs, 220kgs)

"plate" just refers to the number of 45lb / 20kg weights on each side of the barbell.

Even if I had only 1/2/3/4 I'd still be stronger than 90% of Veeky Forums or so they say. Feels ok, man. Especially since I'm only 185lbs

Student athlete, but I'm a STEM major so fitting in lit activities can be a struggle with the tight schedule. I try to get in my reading whenever I can and I sometimes journal.

Thank you for clearing that up.

agreed
>reading so women notice you

I hope your talking about a steroid cycle, nigger.
Those are the only cycles Veeky Forums runs

looking to get in to Faulkner as well, in your opinion what is a better starting point As I lay dying or The sound and the fury

Thanks, the OHP and the squat (I call them squiddlies) were the toughest because I skipped leg day for about 6 months.

For getting into Veeky Forums, so far this summer I have read:
(reread) The Catcher in the Rye
(reread) The Communist Manifesto, Common Sense, and The Road to Serfdom
The Master and Margarita
Infinte Jest

And am in progress with:
Lolita
The Iliad

I agree that reading after lifting is nice, I'm hoping the Iliad or some of the books that I will get to on the Veeky Forums guide to the Greeks will be nice lifting companions.

>Franny and Zooey
My only objection. If it's helping you develop your voice as a writer, I can forgive you.

>Even if I had only 1/2/3/4 I'd still be stronger than 90% of Veeky Forums or so they say. Feels ok, man. Especially since I'm only 185lbs

Ehh not really 1/2/3/4 is not too hard to hit with in a year for a semi dedicated individual

Nice, man. You've read more than me this summer. I plan on reading Lolita in August I think. Up next is blood meridian.

Currently reading - Crime and Punishment

This summer I have read - The death of Ivan Ilych, The Road, Notes from Underground, De Niros game, and Flowers for Algernon.

> semi dedicated individual
I stand by my statement.

Memes aside, I agree. Probably most people on Veeky Forums are at or above that level, though the tongue-in-cheek consensus is that nobody actually lifts, they just browse Tinder at the gym.

I really liked Flowers for Algernon. It was subtly terrifying, while concise. I need to read C+P, though it looks like I'll be on the Greeks for a while.

That means new game + bitches.

>T-rex gothninja who memespouts about David Foster Wallace

Yeah. Gonna head to the gym for a bench session and then return home to read The Long Ships. What a comfy book.

Veeky Forums is pretty disgusting now. It's always been a boring, stagnant board but the inflow of redditors has turned the few threads it has 9gag tier. It used to have a few good threads last time, now it's just dead. I bet fucking /wsg/ and /vr/ is more active.

The full homo combination

I do not go to Veeky Forums. I work as a soldier so as to not be useless I work out and lift. During downtime and there is a lot of it, I read. It also helps me with stress and it centers me and makes me remember a little who I am.

Right now I am reading Anna Karenina, it's very good, so good it scatters my thoughts and makes me think about my own life and love.

The same ting.

it's hard for me to get motivated to keep lifting/exercising for an extended period of time. my face is still ugly and i have a poor natural body shape, so even if i got decent musculature and lost fat i'll still be too ugly to ever have sex or a gf. but i'm trying to stick with it now though.

/fatlit/ here.