Where do people find Veeky Forums friends? Please note I am not at university

Where do people find Veeky Forums friends? Please note I am not at university.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6CCePrJlaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

by working on yourself and everything that entails

Your local American Humanist Association chapter. Or try a writing workshop.

If picture related are the typical Veeky Forumserary types I rather stick with my 'plebian' friends, at least they are funny

Open mics, book readings, used bookshops, tinder, whiskey bars, on cold beaches at dawn, Uber pools in the middle of the night, airport bathrooms, libraries, hiking trails, protests, OkCupid, lying on subway tracks, the quiet guy at work who never leaves his desk, weddings, funerals, coffee shops, antique stores, garage sales, brothels, Supermarkets.

On Veeky Forums

We are the only friends you'll ever need OP

Slap this on an image macro and take it to tumblr, friendo

Had me going until
>on cold beaches at dawn

this

back in the day you associated with other artists to get knowledge, but who has more knowledge than the collective mind of the web?

at a univetsity desu. now that I'm out, all my Veeky Forums friends have scattered and I'm stuck talking about handegg and TGIF television with filthy plebeian normies

>went to university
>never had any Veeky Forums friends

Just hold the line man love isn't always on time

creative writing club my man. I'm autistic too but luckily they were also autistic and I actually managed to convince them I was a cool normie who was also deep and intelligent and totally not a chantard pothead who had never had a gf.

Same, but it's not like I made any non-Veeky Forums friends either

where you at?

I once met a lit girl on Bumble, but she wanted sex from me, and I saw all of her innocence bleed out of her wound.

I went to uni and made no Veeky Forums (or non-Veeky Forums) friends. Now have a job and feel very alone. Life, eh.
If anyone here is interested in an online writing circle or whatever just reply to this. Or if you're in SE england we can meet potentially.

idk man i think she'd be fun to drink with

>a shallow image obsessed lifestylist would be fun to drink with

As apposed to what? A person who is obsessed with asceticism and not talking to people?

To engage with other people requires you to create a persona for yourself. Nothing wrong with being concerned about your appearance.

>I saw all of her innocence bleed out of her wound

wtc Ian Curtis Nazi poncho?

>humanism

it's impossible unless you're upper class and good looking and therefore are able to go to an elite university and attract people.

Trust me, you do not want literary friends. Just trust me, you do NOT want literary friends.

It's not like the movies. The biopics. It's not like the books. You're much better off with your construction worker best friend or salesman friend or banker friend or anyone other than literary type friend.

Writer types are meant to hang out with each other for no more than a long weekend, at most. Save it for the conferences, and the society banquets, and the fundraisers.

Their paths are meant to cross but briefly and then go their separate ways, back out into the world to observe.

I have lit friends. Okay one, but I love her to bits, but we seldom talk about literature and mostly crack stupid jokes and ideas for shows wed like, we'll sneak some obscure lit references in there but its not the base of our friendship.

do not trust this poster

he is a skeleton

You should see a shrink so you can work through your madonna-whore complex and have an adult relationship one day. Best of luck.

>ywn hop in a ford falcon with raymond carver and john cheever at 9am, rush through the bleak winter highways of iowa to the nearest liquor store, and bond over a long sought half-gallon of scotch

That is precisely my issue. I'm not sure how a shrink would help though. The last two didn't do shit.

I had one Veeky Forums friend: well-read, intelligent, employed(makes a ton of money), and also a big asshole. Eventually, I stopped talking to him because he'd make fun of me. I don't know, I'd rather have a non-Veeky Forums friend than some pretentious dick.

It's not a complex if they are actually whores

sshhhh

>went to uni
>all my friends are weebs

That's one of the least shitty ones he proposed. People who are at the beach at sunrise tend to be interesting and good people.

>brown eyes
the peasant alpine race really needs to learn its place

>the quiet guy at work who never leaves his desk

More like mentally deranged.
/thread

>having smart friends
Competing with other smart people outside the web sucks. Much better to have dumb friends and be the smart person of the group.

i came here to say this. i graduated a month ago and my most Veeky Forums friend was a girl that had read notes from the underground and "heard about" zizek, another one was one of those seize-the-day-nihilist girls who was trying to read cioran thinking he sounded cool and 'real'. i dated her for about two months until i realized she was a shallow girl though.

you my friend just won the internet.

do cats use matches or lighters?

>not being an early riser

degenerate

>People who are at the beach at sunrise tend to be interesting and good people.

then why am I there?

You're a good lad.

is there really a savannah sex tape? asking for a friend

went to a hip foreign library to ask about a book I had heard about on the radio.
Very friendly guy, encouraged me to hang around, talked to me about their short story annual contest...

Who is this QT ?

a slut

youtube.com/watch?v=w6CCePrJlaU

instagram (seriously)

name good lit instas

that was unpleasant.

can't.
I have a female friend who's active on instagram, and though her I met an interesting girl who does lit open mics.
Why I think it's a good way to meet Veeky Forums people (but the said girl also does drawings)

>but she wanted sex from me, and I saw all of her innocence bleed out of her wound

What kind of an anime-loving faggot are you, adult women aren't tsundere

Went to university, I hated everyone. Dropped out, got an apartment and partied in a city where I learned that humans overall just suck. I'm out and not totally dejected because my new friends are on my bookshelf. Without literature, I'd be dead. Used to be sexually active but now, I loathe sex and women entirely. Embrace what seems like antisocial behavior, transcend this terrible simian race, because once you dive back into it, they'll never understand you. In fact, normies will hate you and consider your presence a burden because you don't laugh at stupid jokes, you can't stand astrology, popular music is murder of the eardrums, and vice is not the same to you as it is to them. Drinking isn't social, weed isn't social, but for normies it is.

I honestly just want a friend who plays 2D fighting games.

If you are in the US hit up shoryuken.com, they have boards for all the different regions.

Thank you user, I appreciate that. Sadly I'm a germanfag though ;_;

>pursuing literature with passion and being pursuant to women grinding on my face are mutually exclusive interests

Na you are just a eunuch, lad.

np, is the fighting game scene that bad in germany? I hear it is decent in the UK and France but I've never heard anything about fightan games in germany...

There is a scene I think, but only in the big cities. I tried looking for locals around where I live online but to no avail. The only time I ever saw people play fighting games IRL was during GamesCom. Hopefully someone at the university I'm going to is into them. In Germany most people only play LoL, FiFa and [steam FOTM game].

>People who are at the beach at sunrise tend to be interesting and good people.
More likely they're just there for a good instagram post/snapchat story
Get in touch

Which games do you play

the fuck is this 9gag?

>germanfag
ich auch, aber ich hasse 2d-prügelspiele

Schade
I'm up for most stuff, though I prefer games that aren't too combo-heavy

i think im going to end up like this:/

>my new friends are on a bookshelf

Post fightcade.
I'm a 16er SFV babby and I rarely play nowadays but I'm down to learn.

Veeky Forums anons are my friends.

Social media sluts don't tend to be out and about at 05:30 or something. They're more the sunset type I imagine.

CuteUmi. You can also add me on my Steam account (same name) since I'm not sure if I have time today.
Don't worry, I'm fucking terrible too.

Alright gonna add you when I get home.
My PC is a toaster so I can only play modern games on PS4.
Fightcade and stuff with crossplay works.

Tinder

Hahaha when will melaninlets learn

AAAAAAAAAA

tell me, O sage of the ancients, what is the great key of wisdom to unlock the complex. What is the deep truth of secular humanism that will free me from these bonds of caring

YOU DUMB FUCKFACE! How can you pretend to read literature and say such vapid things

/r/books is thatway

*points to r/books*

*starts wooting*

Just pretend that all your conversations on Veeky Forums are with the same handful of people, give them affectionate nicknames and wa la, friends.

Upboats? Tanks.

Where's your nearest University? Look at the available courses and email a professor to ask if you can sit in on their class. I already graduated but I'm going to be attending two classes, otherwise I'll become a full-on hermit since my roommates are complete potheads.

>I-t's not like I want Ch-had to pound me arse.....o-okay?~~~

>the only people I've met that are even slightly well-read have all been insufferable Marxists and drug users

Interestingly, the guy I got along with the best was a Local University frat boy that knew everything I was talking about. We had some decent arguments at work about philosophy until he randomly quit like a faggot. So no I don't think you really want Veeky Forums friends because it's likely that you'll just find yourselves arguing about issues that the both of you are very hardheaded about.

agreed

shes the kind of girl that makes sure she gets an orgasm out of most sexual encounters

>posting worst girl

>shes the kind of girl that makes sure she gets an orgasm out of most sexual encounters

what, is this unusual? the 'average guy only cares until he finishes himself' is a meme, yes? who the fuck are you people sleeping with

also Savannah seems fucking insufferable, kill yourself if you think she'd be any fun at all

>You're much better off with your construction worker best friend or salesman friend or banker friend or anyone other than literary type friend.

can confirm, i know nothing about sports or EDM festivals but my engineer friends are all top tier bros. every conversation is a power game with """literary""" types. everything devolves into an aloof pissing contest.

>tfw you work at an antique store and nobody reads

>also Savannah seems fucking insufferable, kill yourself if you think she'd be any fun at all
this desu senpai

that botched attempt at a mid-atlantic accent makes me want to fight her desu

yes as if talking to people on a message board will ever approach the level of communication in face to face real interaction

>watches Amelie once

>thinking anyone at uni reads

most underrated toast in this bread

yes it is unusual

I can't say that I didn't enjoy it to any extent.

JUST BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOURSELF
JSUT EBBEEEEEEEEE YOURSELF
JUSTY BEEEEEEEEE YOURSLEF
YOUS BEEEEEE YOURSEKLF
KYS DIPSHIT I HATE YOU IDIOTS

Kek'd

Memes, lol.
:^)