Would beef/chicken/fish jerkies last longer if i fill their jars with oil?

Would beef/chicken/fish jerkies last longer if i fill their jars with oil?

Don't do this

Do this

Maybe do this

why not?
i'm looking for maximum shelf life to have something when mass starvation hits us.

Maybe add an inch of uncooked rice in the bottom, then a round of wax paper to keep the rice mostly off the jerky.

what the fuck would that accomplish, if anything you're going to make the jerky expire sooner because the oil will eventually go rancid

Just can meat then. You are asking for contamination. Also the only logical long term food preservation is freeze dried. Buy a fucking 1 year kit, they are cheap

And add oil to it?

Are you retarded?

This guy gets it

>why not?
Adding oil creates an anaerobic environment. That opens up the door to botulism. There's also the problem of the oil itself going rancid, and the fact that adding oil does absolutely nothing to help preservation.

It can only harm you. It doesn't help in any way at all.

Yeah, they can last considerably longer. You just gotta treat it like you're canning something. You need sterile jars (just boil them a few seconds). Fill it up with jerky, add oil. Seal the lid tightly. Now you have to pasteurize them: Put them into boiling water, just fora minute max. Now you have to store them upside down (on the lid) until they cool down.
I do this all the time, works wonders, tastes just as good!

So should i add honey instead?

Op plz listen to this guy. Your jerky recipe is a very very bad idea.

Just the rice. It will absorb moisture helping to preserve the meat...

No, Jesus Christ

>So should i add honey instead?

Add nothing. Anything anything (except more salt) will only be counterproductive.

so i add salt to the base, add the jerkies, then fill it with salt.

You should properly can meat, keeping in mind it doesn't last forever

but i need it to last for at least 10 years
how can i do that?

Freeze dried like I said above. 25+ years. Just buy it

Get a vacuum sealer and silica gel packets.

I got a nice name for op, Botulismo.