Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski#Early_life
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who?

isn't Nick Land really racist?

chaotic good

you know who it is

Tough, probably Teddy

i dont like either but anarchism is probably the dumbest imaginable political philosophy

hottie boi I like it

i dont like either but nrx is the darnest imaginable political philosophy and i no english good

go home ted

Which endindg did you choose in Deus Ex? Land is Helios and Kaczynski is Tracer Tong.

Tong ofc. what is some lit with the deus ex vibe? don't say pynchon, RAW, or william gibson

Nick Land because he isn't a terrorist and doesn't condone terrorism

But terrorism is less awful than the slow obsolescence of humanity as capital becomes sentient and we all grow face tentacles or whatever

>robots take over all economic functions, leaving humans to artistic pursuit
What's the problem?

stupid people feel sad and worthless without a "job"

I don't know if Land thinks the robots are just going to simply let us get on with art.

isn't Nick Land really racist?

Better question: who has a higher IQ?

We starve while the four or five people who own the robots rule over us.

Better question: Was Teddy's actions justified, Veeky Forums?

You say that like that's a bad thing.

>Better question: who has a higher IQ?

Teddy is #1 smart boy:

"As a result of testing conducted in the fifth grade, which determined he had an IQ of 167, he was allowed to skip the sixth grade and enroll in the seventh grade."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski#Early_life

we're deadzos

>robots take over all economic functions, leaving humans to

ftfy

Teddy is my man, although I don't think his terrorism is justifiable.
However Land's predictions might come true, sadly.

I'm planning on living a secluded life in the country as soon as I save enough money, cities be damned, when shit hits the fan I'd rather die a dignified death than see the world become a shit hole without humanity.

Well, they weren't justified, but he was right on his analysis. Putting bombs is going to put people off about your ideology and he didn't achieve anything he wanted but making himself the number one target of the FBI.
If I was him I would have tried to make a movement out of the manifesto, there were surely more people thinking the same, but he would have risked the whole aspect of the FBI/CIA trying to get rid of him/it. Also he was a smart (but crazy) man, so I suppose he saw no other way.

Both are hacks. I can see people getting seduced into thinking Land isn't a snake oil salesman, but reading Kaczynski it should obvious to anyone with a brain that he's an idiot. I'm not even critiquing his luddism or anarcho-primitivism. Kaczynski's logic is fucking terrible.

He can't think. He can't write. There's no discernible talent.

His manifesto is literally some idiot who took Ellul's ideas and made them stupid. He wasn't particularly smart and had no real influence in the field of math. He makes all luddites look bad. And that's not even considering his terrorism. Without it, he would still be a retard.

Do yourself a favor and read Ellul. Skip this idiot.

Threadly reminder that the only decent thing Kaczynski ever wrote was his 1971 essay. His manifesto is when he went full retard and his post-manifesto writings are just as bad.

>aced Quine's legendary course on logic
>became Berkeley's youngest mathematics professor answer
>"Kaczynski's logic is fucking terrible. He can't think. He can't write. There's no discernible talent."
neck yourself pseud

> implying any of that has a relation to his manifesto

The logic in his manifesto is literally "If you're not hunting rabbits all day, you're going to become a leftist activist."

I feel bad for you if this fires your neurons.

Land. I want that which played me to make it to level 2.

>The logic in his manifesto is literally "If you're not hunting rabbits all day, you're going to become a leftist activist."
This rings true to me given the atmosphere of universities nowadays. The unrepentant march of modernity has people revolting against capitalism in such a way that it only suits the interests of the ruling class in the long-run.

You make it seem like I have a choice

Ted Kaczynski obviously.

But since we're obviously not reversing this shit show, there's nothing to do but read it in times of despair to remind oneself there is no hope for anyone.

muh power process

Where do I start with Ellul if I don't care about religion?

You really must be stupid

art is for supreme fucking faggots

and I say this as someone whose only hobby is appreciation and creation of art.

also, what is the point of art if it isn't complementary to life? go complain some more about how there have been no great novels recently, completely unaware of why this is

art is literally more important than most other forms of employment

Teddy did nothing wrong.
#Team Kaczynski

it's really not important, just like anything else. i swear, I can't stand to even read high literature anymore. so much posturing and "meaning".
I really ask myself, what even is this? most of it is totally unnecessary and only the fool or very fortunate won't reach a point where they look at books with all their meaning and think "this is totally and utterly stupid, to hell with the meaning, give me something real"

Not an argument.

I choose Goonan.

Kaczynski is for cowards who want to hide from their future. There is only one legitimate choice.

thats cause your a goon :)

I swear this guy shows up in every Kaczynski thread saying the exact same thing.

The Technological Society

left

>there are 2 or three actual artists per generation
>muh we would be miltons if only we had the time!

>humans are inherently bad

total dependence

lads what would nick land be? chaotic evil? true neutral?

probably the propaganda/mass media book

What is the point of artistic pursuit when the human experience has been trivialized to decadent pleasure seeking

There is no catharsis without conflict. Once we've forgotten that we need to fight for our survival, we've condemned ourselves to a brief future of existential ennui before lying down to die

You say that like lazy people don't have conflicts

I never implied any of that.
And why would that be bad?

Found the STEMfag.

Teddy K Unabomber madman is my fucking homeboy nigger so of course imma choose his side yo fuck computers n shit keeping us down

pseud city

nick land seems to have found a novel way to appear radical and transgressive while effectively endorsing the status quo. at the end of the day, his philosophy is about giving more power to the people who already have it and taking it away from the rest of us, especially the poor and marginalized. why on earth would anyone think it would be a good idea for vulgar sv shitheads like zuckerberg or bezos to have terminators?

transhumanism is good. neo-feudalism isn't.

fuck both of them.

>artistic pursuit
Mmmm more like living in a shoebox and "surviving" on soylent sweetie

what a stupid reply

Since rightwing thought is geared towards the constant awareness of the Ernstfall he is correct. Plus if you are not estranged from the means of production but provide for yourself through hunting you do not fall into the marxist definition of exploitation, making you immune to lefitst thought.

teddy,
kill everyone in the fed and speculative finance instead
hey, it isnt political, so its not terrorism, its just outright murder

hey cool someone saved my meme

But he was doing speed daily when he was still teaching.

Kaczynski because its better to go with the devil you know. Nick Land wants to create a fucking cosmic computer despot. Technology has already been a disaster

>tfw told my shrink a cold god is urging its birth from the future

Ted was delusional in thinking the process could be reversed though, while Nick Land merely hops aboard the inevitable.

We might nuke ourselves into the stone age again

There are too many remains of industrial society around. Steel and guns everywhere, structures remaining, old roads will still be around, et cetera. It would be more mad max than stone age.

>post-apocalyptia
>doesn't have muslims

He took enough LSD to transform Racism into a moral good.

Snow Crash

I'm resigned to the fact that you're right

Me as well desu.

>He can't think. He can't write. There's no discernible talent.
well meme'd my good sir. have an upvote :^)

Racism has always been a moral good and evolutionary benefit.

Because that second part won't happen

>nick land's alignment

once, i was called saruman the grey
now, i am saruman the white

so edgy

While you're busy slaving away at your artistic pursuits, Chad is fucking his robot sex slave

I think I'm starting to legitimately fear things properly as a result of what Nick Land is doing. Might have to start looking into his philosophy so I can properly address and argue against it.

t. hasn't read Kaczynski

It's not even edgy, just true.

Why do you think we evolved to be racist in the first place? It was selected for.

Only through supreme independancy can you truly master yourself and be free, and only through violence can you shape the world to your will. Ted understands this. Land doesn't want to be free. He wants to be a meme slave

Both sides justify certain subsets of violence against nonbelievers in their ideology so I'm fine with either. We must scapegoat somebody asap or our society will unravel.

ive read his retarded manifesto
its truly written like a stemfag autist

what do u fear?

Not in the traditional sense, he just likes HBD to accelerate human development

Nick Land is right but Ted is the better man

this is literally the best take of Nick Land I've ever read

Isn't Land's endgame the end of humanity through the rise of super AI or something?

his philosophy is that humans are parasites and it would ultimately be better for the universe if we didn't exist, so he encourages things that accelerate that scenario

Exactly why I'm alarmed and feel the need to read him and understand his ideology.

I wouldn't think too hard about it, if the AI thing pans out there is nothing you could do to prevent it anyway
It's along the same lines as worrying about super volcanos, meteors or the sun exploding

We're probably already past the point of no return for (hostile/indifferent) AI takeover. All the incentives are in place and both corporations and powerful governments are racing towards super AI with little to no regard for security given that it's a winner-takes-it-all arms race type of situation.

Carpe diem lads, tomorrow may be Cold.