You can pick one ingredient that now costs 50cent per pound. What ingredient do you pick?

You can pick one ingredient that now costs 50cent per pound. What ingredient do you pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

druglibrary.net/schaffer/cocaine/cocapud.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Celery

Mushrooms.

Spinach

>get the option to basically make living free
>pick exclusively foods so low-calorie that you basically can't eat yourself full on them before bursting
brainlet

Weed lmao

It's a tossup between really good ham, like Jamon Iberico de Bellota or Jinhua, or bluefin tuna. As much as I love the ham I gotta lean towards the tuna.

And what's worse: those foods are already dirt cheap.

Ok

Is it just for me, or for everybody?
If it's just for me:
Genuine Wagyu
If it's for everybody:
Potatoes, fuck you

saffron

/thread

Duck

why? saffron isn't particularly great for anything but giving color

potatoes

Pine nuts. Last time I checked the high quality ones were $45.99/lb and that was in the bulk section.

longanisa

/thread

Niggah, potatoes can be bought for $.50/lb or less already. Where do you live, antarctica?

love

Flour

It has quite a potent flavor--the genuine stuff does, anyway. You might be familiar only with the fake stuff.

But that said, saffron seems like such an odd choice. Sure, it's expensive, but how much of it do you actually need or use?

Protein powder, naturally

Gold

cocaine, no really cocaine think about it. You could sell it, make bank or you could just snort coke and not be hungry all day everyday

druglibrary.net/schaffer/cocaine/cocapud.htm

thread/

Bananas

This. Saffron tastes weird and doesn't belong in so much stuff that you'd actually want a pound of it. Unless you want to dye you own clothes monk's robe yellow.

Both worthless suggestions because it would be 50 cents a pound to everyone.

Says who

op

vanilla beans
shits expensive, lads.

Crab or Kobe Beef

>crab
>not going out and fishing for crab yourself like an alpha chad
fucking faggot.

steak

Durian

Avocados

sushi grade salmon

if you wanted to cook it you could do that too, at that price.

>mfw nobody realizes that in the lower price the product will sell out immediately and then nobody will be get the product

I can already get flour for 55¢/lb at my local bulk store. Veggies are typically the most expensive but most critical parts of my meal anyway, especially during the winter when my garden's not producing.
for OP's question, I say eggplants. Could eat that shit year round.

Hot smoked salmon

>tfw user don't understand supply and demand
>tfw he can't into increased production

Beef Jerky. The only thing that would even remotely be more of a bargain would be caviar

Come on guys,

Beef.

Fuck you veganshits.

He is saying that you and that other user's shitty suggestions are pointless because everyone would have equally cheap access to those goods. How do you "make bank" by selling coke that anyone can get for $.50/lb.

Truffles. You can shave that shit on ANYTHING and it instantly makes it WAY BETTER. I know this because every restaurant/chef ever does this and charges a small fortune for it.

lobster

yeah, i know old le colonial prision food meme, but goddamn do I love it.

Boil the lobster in plain water. Take the meat and puree it. Now eat it as is without adding any seasoning or flavoring. That's Prison Lobster.

Any of these:

Mushrooms, particularly morel and truffle (yeah, yeah, not technically a mushroom)

Spices, particularly saffron

Black garlic

Let's just be clear here: OP is saying that you, and only you, get to purchase an ingredient for 50¢/lb.

best choice right here

Distilled water

This or any illegal drug, if they can be counted as an ingredient. You'd never have to worry about money again.

>sells out
>no one gets it
jesus christ user

Salmon or tuna I think.

Limitation on production is why certain foods are so expensive

Cheese

whole sirloin
>all these retards picking featherweight ingredients that you use 95 cents's worth even when it costs $8 a lb

Whale

>Get well soon!

Have to go with some kind of meat. Probably fish. Not sure which though. Whatever is highest in all the healthy shit.

fucking butter

tastelet detected. you may be thinking of turmeric
saffron has one of the most distinctive flavors of any of the spices

proper aged cheese, truffle, meat from cows lamb or bison, or tuna and salmon, chicken breast would also work since it would be cheap to go on a clean bulk

High quality cheese

groundlet detected
fresh tumeric has amazing flavor

Dried mangos

sushi grade fish

spoken like someone who's never had it.
morel and saffron are really legit choices, wouldn't choose truffle myself. don't get me wrong truffle is good and all but it's way overhyped

Pedigree race horse semen

think this through

that would just mean it would always be sold out, methinks. So we should pick something good, but not necessarily part of the common palette.

Bananas

>luxury product is now cheap
>everyone buys it in bulk
>all the sturgeon caviar, bluefin tuna and truffles are gone in matter of months
>over fished, not enough wild species to maintain a healthy pop
>luxury products are gone forever

Looks like you were the brainlet all along :^)

where the fuck do you live that horse semen is an ingredient

Olive oil. The good stuff.

again. that just would lead it to being constantly sold out

suppry and demand afterl arr

Marijuana
Kobe beef
Crab
Lobster
Shrimp
Eel

How can it be 50 cent when it costs a pound? XD

high fructose corn syrup

Isn't eel already like
endangered

Gold, then sell it
>b-but gold isn't a ingredient
I know most of you Veeky Forums partrician boys wouldn't say that but there's plebs that are unaware as gold as a delicate garnisher and light flavor enchancement as well.

50c apiece.

Tomato paste

>eels are an endangered species
Retard.

Pretty much every species of edible eel is endangered, fuckface.

how would you sell the gold if they can just go to the store and by a pound of it for 50cent? idiot

Most people are familiar enough with supply and demand that the scenario implies this to be balanced with supply and demand, brainlet

So how does your wish-granting work, crippled anime girl? Is it like somebody invents a magic machine that produces X ingredient for dirt-cheap? Or is it just a worldwide mandate that 50 cents a pound is now the price? Is it just for me? Is it for everyone?
If it's magical food-from-nowhere-for-cheap, high-quality butter. That shit makes everything better.
If it's enforced-pricing, rice. I want the economies of shitty third-world countries to implode.

>Is it like somebody invents a magic machine that produces X ingredient for dirt-cheap?
yup
>is it for everyone?
yup

Argentina

sex slaves

me too

What does anime girl taste of?

Normies don't even understand olive oil.

>Irish detected

Why would you make it more expensive? Are you a celery farmer?

Steak.

Corn beef hash

Brazil nuts

non-halal grass-fed beef.

Human souls.

21 souls for 50 cents, imagine what you could do with all of those.