No matter what I do, I manage to turn it into just another manifestation of my "aesthetic" view of life

>No matter what I do, I manage to turn it into just another manifestation of my "aesthetic" view of life

How do I make the leap into the ethical stage? How the hell am I even going to make it to the religious stage?

You have to take the idea of the Resurrection seriously, user.

smoke heroin

Could you elaborate?

see

Given that you posted a picture of Jesus, I assume the religion you have in mind is Christianity. And to understand Christianity you must understand the idea that the Resurrection as a historical event is the very core of the religion. It's the lens that brings everything else about Christianity into focus. Without the Resurrection as an event that actually took place, nothing about Christianity makes sense.

And, to relate things more specifically to your own predicament, an answer to a merely aesthetic perspective is to have recourse to history--to events that are in some way tangible and actual, rather than merely metaphors and stories. It is entirely possible to consider Christianity through the lens of aesthetics. However, if, as you were saying, your goal is to move beyond the aesthetic into the ethical, and into the religious, you have to grapple with the core of the religion, which is, again the historicity of the Resurrection.

this is occasionally difficult

Thank you, user. I'll mull over what you're saying.

Stop falling for Kierkegaard's garbage. Silly Protestants.
Because you are an ideologue. You think aesthetics are somehow lowly (protestant nonsense). To embrace aesthetics in its whole (that is, experience as experienced) is to embrace God's creation. To reject any aspect of God's creation is to reject Him totally. Your body is not evil. The world is not evil. You, on the deepest of levels, are evil. That evil has corrupted you into rejecting God's creation, and instead embracing a mere 'notion' of it. Dualism is a deathly lie: dualism claims that the Adversary is in any way capable of matching God. Dualism is his lie. Even by claiming to choose God over him, you are falling for that lie. Satan is defeated and impotent. He only has influence through perversion, and that perversion is at its worst when it perverts one's faith or understanding.

You've fallen into a trap.

>you, on the deepest of levels, are evil
checks out

thx for clarifying user

>To reject any aspect of God's creation is to reject Him totally
>The body and the world are God's creation
>Therefore, they are not evil
>I am God's creation
>But I am, "on the deepest of levels," evil

I feel like I'm really missing something here. Apology in advance for my brainletism

>Calls Protestants silly.
>You, on the deepest of levels, are evil.

My man, if you're gonna criticize Protestants, then don't fall for Calvinist memes regarding human nature. There are better ways to argue against Protestant heresy than what you are doing.

Nope, you're not. His post was just really, really bad - theologically.

Evil does not mean 'bad'. Calvinism is also trapped in dualist memes.
My post was fine, you are not. Scenic Orthodoxy at its clearest.

you can only attain so much in every day. For me, reading John 3:16 gets me started. If you know the phrase "keys" then you should make "Jesus is real" one of your keys. By following John 3:16 as it says not only will you have a better realtionship with Jesus you can learn from, youll also see the world the way it truly is made, bc of Jesus

>bad theology
Theology which gives any attention to evil as a thing relative to God
>good theology
Theology that rejects dualism, guilt, sin, and the like.

its the other way around

No. You're falling for lies. You are trapped in lies.

theres only one truth

lol

Truth doesn't exist. Stop essentializing God.

Of course it's difficult. Even the Apostles doubted. Peter himself tried to tell Jesus how foolish he was for seeming to want to be killed. But Christ wants us to believe. He wants us to have faith, to trust in him and believe in the saving power of the cross. And of course to believe in the Resurrection is to believe that Christ is an entity that still exists, and has a hand in shaping the world. It can be hard to accept in the modern world, but accept it we must. We must walk by faith. And, perhaps, that's the key to escaping a life built purely on aesthetics.

maybe the crux of the matter (or something to be ascertained i guess) is while 'we' are not evil, as god's creations, the 'i' is in fact, evil; we are our own devices, fundamentally, of choice and free will

we stretch our legs, or don't; consequence is wholly personal. the world and its shortcomings and wonders isn't truly either, it just is as God created; but we can't just 'be'

>However, if, as you were saying, your goal is to move beyond the aesthetic into the ethical, and into the religious, you have to grapple with the core of the religion, which is, again the historicity of the Resurrection.

Wouldn't Historic Resurrection be peak Aesthetics? Its implication being that the Ideal/Noumenal depends on its Material refractions for Mental attraction.

You don't need to go through the ethical to get to the religious.
What line of thinking keeps leading you back to the aesthetic? It seems to me it's fairly easy to escape from.

The resurrection is not key to all forms of Christianity, have you considered being a Unionist?

Unitarianist* apologies

Denying the Trinity and the Resurrection is explicitly not Christian. It shares some commonalities, but it is distinct and separate.

Wew Saint Augustine welcome back.

The higher the stages the more you have suffered. Be happy to be in teh aesthetic stage, I felt more comfort there. The elap of faith is just in front of me.

What could be the key, if not the resurrection? It is the whole premise, that upholds the pillars of the faith. Without the resurrection, Jesus was just a guy - not God.