How many of you actually work in kitchen or restaurants?

How many of you actually work in kitchen or restaurants?

Not me thank god. I have a cushy desk job that enables me to experiment in the kitchen with high quality ingredients.

are you me?
paranoid
a
r
a
n
o
i
d

I do. It's a sad and lonely life.

True but worst part is that some places literally just rape food and ingredients.

They LITERALLY rape the ingredients AND the food? That seems like a place my mom would love.

FUCK NO
i like money too much for that noise

Try working at an actual restaurant then.

As much as I like the idea of it, everyone I've ever known or heard of working in a restaurant fucking hates/hated it.
Long hours, hard work, little pay, hardly any time off, you get yelled at all day, everyone you work with is on drugs or a hardcore alcoholic, no benefits.
I'd rather keep my less stressful, higher paying job, and keep the cooking at home.

>everyone you work with is on drugs or a hardcore alcoholic

I thought this was a meme but after a few months in the business I've already noticed how the people around me have broken down. And even I'm starting to fall for the alcoholic jew.

My ex high chef was cuck. I'm not even kidding he worked hes ass off just so her wife could spent 2 months in Africa god knows doing what, and every time she called him you could overhear through phone how angry she was.

Have you guys seen anybody walk off the job before?

How did it go?

Woah, that sounds like sexual harrassment and gender assault right there! Better hope you're not famous, dog.

Good. It's actually better than you think.

I do. Right now I'm working a pretty cushy job too. Decent money, paid vacation, benefits. I'm off by three most days and I have every Sunday and Monday off.

Yeah, I'm a chef at Wendy's

As a dishwasher for a fairly respectable locavore place, I am absolutely fucking revolted by the amount of grease and caked on fat in some of the pots and pans these fuckers use. They actually claim to be one of the only restaurants in the region to use little to no added grease or oil.

Shift meal is literally just always rice, curried chicken, and some form of leafy greens that I still can't identify. It was good the first three days, but after three weeks of it I just avoid it.

I want to quit, but they want at least two weeks notice, and I am too much of a beta to just leave them high and dry especially when I am scheduled every fucking day for the next few weeks.

i do. i wish i had finished highschool or joined the marines instead, but i'm on a career path at 24 so that's alright i guess and the pay is good i have less time to get suicidally introspective when i am cooking eggs to temp for 400 people who made their living

Nigger it's not leaving them high and dry if you give two weeks' notice, that's the point of the notice.

It is if I don't want to give them the two weeks. Shit is painful.

why?

user, it's a shit job in your shit town. Quit it, and move the fuck on. You are just being used, and you can do anything you want.

i dish too. it would be fine if the chef wasnt an asshole and the sous chef wasnt a dick. the only reason im still there is the food... and because no where has responded to my application yet

i do.