Mom hasn't even started to brine the turkey

>mom hasn't even started to brine the turkey

Is thanksgiving ruined this year? At least the worthless bitch remembered to move the turkey out of the freezer this year.

Give the good, bad, and ugly for your family's thanksgiving celebration:

>good
my mom's stuffing is fucking amazing

>bad
some years she doesn't put any stuffing in the bird because it "dries out the meat" Nobody came to eat stuffing that wasn't stuffed in the bird

>ugly
I don't even like being around my family. I don't dislike them, I would just rather be lurking

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0TfYHzEOcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Good
I don't go anymore

>Bad
They try to guilt trip me into coming

>Ugly
It inevitably ends with me having to tell them to fuck off, which makes Christmas awkward

>good
i was disowned and don't have to eat it anymore

>bad
dry turkey. if auntie can't figure out how the fuck to cook a turkey after making one every thanksgiving for 20+ years maybe let someone else do it

>ugly
no one but people from the south and midwest know the true horror of thanksgiving side dishes, namely chopped peppers and cream cheese in 50/50 ratios and the variations of sweet potato and marshmallow concoctions

>i was disowned
Did you come out as a faggot or marry a nigger?

>Good

Food

>Bad

Family

>Ugly

Family

Dude. This is a cooking board. You should know not to stuff the turkey you mong. Mom - 1, OP - fag.

tranny i would never even be friends with a nig tbqh

You have to be 18 to post here.

Food & Cooking
I would rather enjoy delicious stuffing over moist turkey. Turkey is nigger tier.

>tranny
I'm glad you found out who you are meant to be user.
Best of luck!
:)

There's no purpose to brining a store bought turkey. They're already injected with a brine solution. She should buy a fresh bird tho. I'm doing 3 thanksgivings this week of which only one I will really enjoy.

just don't go for christmas

>There's no purpose to brining a store bought turkey. They're already injected with a brine solution.

This. If you buy anything other than free range organic from a local farmer, brining is silly. They've injected a 10% salt petroleum based chemical solution and tumbled it to "tenderize" it for your personssl enjoyment. Trying to brine that monstrosity yourself would be futile.

>good
my grandparents and uncle/aunt are rich and always have really fucking great food, and they're upfront about having us make wishlists for christmas

>bad
they're hardcore conservative, albeit not too religious

>ugly
i was a cunt for a long while because i thought they were playing favorites with my cousins, and now it's obvious they weren't

in nature you would be too cought up in yourselves and you would die a horrible and painful death
i still hope you get that death

i wonder what the race of this poster happens to be

Trust me if I had figured out how, I would.

>its bad because they have different political views than me
Fuck off you dainty little soy boy

well at least you're woke on the nigQ...

i only bring it up because it's literally the only kinda bad thing. besides, it's only bad when they start talking politics, and that only happens once in a blue moon.

>good

After not dating for like 8 years I get to meet a girl he is actually dating

>bad

She is a Muslim.

>ugly

My brother checked on her YouTube history and saw she watched some ISIL recruitment video.

reminder that it is your responsibility to report your knowledge of that to the appropriate authorities so that she is assuredly placed on a watchlist

>good
somehow for being a white family, the food is usually overall tasty
and also a free meal

>bad
its the kooky religious side of the family so i always get invited to their church and never go

>ugly
my grandfather has become so senile that he fusses if anyone talks a decibal over speaking voice at the table because it hurts his ears. He will also complain constantly until grandma gets fed up with him and takes him home

>good
I cook everything

>bad
I always cook everything

>ugly
I also clean

>Cought

>good

My mom is a really good cook and I'm gonna have tons of leftovers, my girlfriend is gonna be off work so we get to hang out, and I get to watch the Cowboys lose

>bad

My girlfriend's dad is meeting my mom and stepdad for the first time. Think they'll be ok, but both parties have their respective craziness.

>ugly

Good chance I'm going to eat myself sick again like last Thanksgiving. And if the Cowboys end up tanking my stepdad will probably polish off a case of Keystone and bottle of gin and act like a retard and start crying and then fall down...come to think of it, he'll do that if they win too

>good
Dad actually got a turkey this year.

>bad
I still live at home.

>ugly
I'm 25.

>good
Food is fantastic and my dad doesn't have to work this thanksgiving so we can have it for dinner instead of early lunch this year

>bad
Cleaning up and having the leftovers for three days afterward

>ugly
slight awkwardness between everyone since we don't usually eat together but it isn't to bad.

>Fuck off you dainty little soy boy
Says the person chiding someone for being annoyed about political views.

>don't come upstairs from the basement on Dec. 25?

>good
They make great food
>bad
Just went through my mom's phone and found pics of her boyfriend's penis
>ugly
It's bigger than mine

>good
When the cheer sets in, and cranberry sauce.

>bad
Before the cheer sets in and you just sort of awkwardly shuffle from room to room

>ugly
Trying not to look at my cousins hot ass wives and thus being way too nervous and uncomfortable

Shut up fag.

Fucking newfaggot. Fuck off.

hes right you know

>hey guys, i found out about this website through reddit
- your post

/thread

>good
While Americans are too busy stuffing their faces, the Internet is a better place.

>bad
Pointless, bland Thanksgiving threads eeeeeeeverywhere

>ugly
/Thanksgiving ----> Thanksgiving leftovers time!

And through it all, not an original thought is to be read. Blah.

My dad is disabled and just out of the hospital for pneumonia. I have to drag him to my neurotic spinter aunt's house, with my grandfather who is a 90 year old Jesus freak with dimentia. Everyone else is either dead or hates us. I've been up all night because having to do something in the morning fucks up my sensitive NEET routine, but I'll still pop a xanax or two to make it through the short, miserable meal.

However I'm a pretty gud cook. Bird's in the oven, smelling nice. Got the yams and biscuits ready to go.

>Is thanksgiving ruined this year? At least the worthless bitch remembered to move the turkey out of the freezer this year.
did you just hit puberty or something? you sound like an insufferable fag. it is your mum's fault for not punching you in the face for talking like that about her though.

youtube.com/watch?v=q0TfYHzEOcs
I'm making this tomorrow when turkey is cheaper.

Stuffing inside the bird is objectively the worst kind of stuffing. It ruins the bird and isn't as good as stuffing made separately

Why don't you cook it yourself then faggot

>Good
My family can actually cook a turkey

>bad
I told my dad I'm a vegetarian and have to keep up the act

>ugly
I usually get way too trashed

The jokes on you then

You have gone full retard. Loosly pack the bird's cavities with aromatics. Stuffing is done as a casserole. You will get a better turkey flavor from using a stock than you ever will from the bird itself. You can also make a shitload more stuffing this way. There isn't really much space inside of a turkey, and some asshole family member will take at least half of the stuffing.

Also, if you think you can do better, then cook the fucking meal. I took over the meal prep years ago, and the whole family is happier for it. If you aren't willing to, then stop bitching about someone else's hard and thankless work.

That's the second time I've seen you post that. How fucking butthurt can one user get over stuffing. Your autism is off the charts.

Literally the first thing I've posted this thread. This might shock you, but multiple people can think you're a fucking idiot.

>Good
this food will taste amazing when I have the drunken munchies later

>bad
Mom washes the turkey in hot soapy water

>ugly
thanksgiving dinner consists of my parents and my brother and nothing else. there is a lot of silence broken by the sound of silverware hitting our plates from Kohl's. Dad occasionally starts talking about all the deals he got at the local grocery outlet store over the last month.

>Mom washes the turkey in hot soapy water

wut?

she really likes soap. every time i get a cup out of the kitchen, I need to rinse out the soap residue inside. it's oddly satisfying seeing it suds up as it fills with water.

>Good
My wife makes a pretty good turkey and stuffing. Drinking too much and then having cold leftover sandwiches later on.

>Bad
Same sides every meal every year. Boring. Need to switch it up more.

>Ugly
The fact that I want to fuck her mom and it probably won't happen, I guess.

wat

I'm glad you were disowned. May you have a painful suicide faggot.

Stacy's mom has got it going on.

>Everyone else is either dead or hates us.
>However I'm a pretty gud cook.
You're clearly the one cooking, so why invite people who hate you? Tell them to fuck off and enjoy it with the people who don't.

>good
dinner at my gf's parents' place
>bad
my back fucking hurts when I bend it (started a few days ago outta nowhere), so sitting is awful
it's only when I bend, walking and shit is fine
>ugly
went to the beach this morning and got rained on

the food's gonna be good, so that's no worry

>At least the worthless bitch remembered to move the turkey out of the freezer this year.
...are you 16?
>Nobody came to eat stuffing that wasn't stuffed in the bird
actually nah, you're just retarded, OP

>enters a thread he didn't want to be in
>bitches about it anyway
imagine being both this obsessed and stupid

>someone tries to save you and your family from an overcooked bird or undercooked stuffing
>complain about autism
hmmm...

Re-read until you understand what he wrote

>good
Dads Thanksgiving had turkey, moms Thanksgiving had steak. Homemade cranberry sauce was actually really good. No work today or tomorrow.
>Bad
Dads turkey was dry. Redneck grandma actually showed up this year.
>Ugly
Brother brought a friend who is 6 years younger than me, he flirted at me a little.

>good
All of the cooking is done, and there's a kung fu movie marathon on El Rey.

>bad
My brokeass nephews took way too many of my leftovers.

>ugly
my neice brough some weird ass cucumber onion, vinegar, sour cream, and sugar concoction that she didn't take with her. No one touched it, and I feel like someone walked in, shit in a bowl, and said, "you clean this up."

L O N D O N

>good
i am a slut for free food. it doesnt matter what it is, if i dont pay for it then i will enjoy it.

>bad
i always end up doing tons of the work because the rest of my family doesnt know how to cook and doesnt want to learn.

>ugly
my family are all horrible people, which makes the "thankful" overtone of thanksgiving hard to cope with when the people who treat you like shit basically hold you hostage and demand you say youre thankful for them.

>good
free food, all I have to do is help my parents prepare a bit

>bad
it's awkward because I basically stopped talking to my relatives when I moved away 6 years ago, so it's like being around strangers I used to know for hours

>ugly
my parents guilt me into staying at their place the whole thanksgiving weekend and they treat me like I'm a kid again and make me do chores and shit (which I recognize is totally fair since they raised me and all that, just doesn't make it less annoying) and impose their weirdass rules like "only a couple beers per day" and "you have to eat in the kitchen"

Weird, I got the back thing too same as you described.

> Good
Making ribs instead of turkey

> Bad
Alone

> Ugly
No side dish

Veeky Forums is a safe place, user.

i don't understanding disowning your kid over a mental illness,they should be trying to help you not be a such a retarded faggog

>She is a Muslim
Oh, that's not bad, it's not she's the crazy truck driving...
> My brother checked on her YouTube history and saw she watched some ISIL recruitment video
I stand corrected.

How'd it go, user?

I'm an American, obsessed with Americans. Yup. Spot on.

get a load of this fancy faggot