This reminds me of Grandma. What food reminds you of Grandma?

This reminds me of Grandma. What food reminds you of Grandma?

One of my grandmothers used to grow all her own fruit and vegetables so remember how fresh that tasted.
My other grandmother makes the best casserole ever.

They're both still alive but are in poor health.

Virginia Slims and Bolognese

green chilaquiles

bloody rare steak
my grandma was a europoor slavbride so everytime we ate dinner by her it was always bleeding steak and nothing to go with it but some potatoes and fuckload of salt. each place setting had its own salt cellar. she also used to microwave her wine

>being on constant oxygen
>Pall Mall straights
>hamburger patties fried with no bun in butter and eaten medium rare
>misery
That's grandma, all right.

Fist sized pieces of vegetables and meat boiled until different components are barely distinguishable from each other with as little seasoning as possible.

>she also used to microwave her wine
I'm gonna try this

My grandma has made casamiento almost every single day since I could remember.

tiny amounts of cream cheese eaten off the tip of a butter knife
buttered saltines alongside a bowl of chili beans
cottage cheese with cling peaches
honeymoon salad
ice water with lemon
bread and butter pickles inside a grilled cheese sandwich
cereal with half and half instead of milk

Oh, user is visiting? Let me going ahead and make him pimento cheese at 2am so he can have it when he gets here at 3pm.

Getting sick for 2 weeks straight after eating some barely edible animal part no normal person eats reminds me of grandma.

>Quaker Fruit and Cream (peach flavored)
>Wendy's frosty
>Pink soda pop (strawberry fanta or sunkist)
>Canned salmon
>Pic related

Undercooked fried chicken and oily pan gravy.
Dad made us finish our plates in order not to insult her.

i have a really solid family history of no one being able to cook jack shit
on the one side, i guess my grandma made good lemon meringue pie and toaster oven velveeta and rolls cheese sandwiches
on the other side my grandma made "gluten steaks" made with gluten flour and campbell's cream of mushroom soup as a gravy
kind of like seitan, i think, they weren't too bad

oh and everything else was pretty much casseroles and they are all vegetarian.
go ahead and imagine a vegetarian casserole, i dare you

Really, really salty scouse and ice cream with semi-circle wafers in.

Both my grandmas were really good cooks back in the day. Unfortunately, I was born too late to really experience their cooking. Both of them baked a lot though and I got to eat a lot of their awesome cakes over the years.

Roast lamb is probably a misnomer, but my grandmother is British, and anything I ever had was basically some kind of a roast, as far as I can remember. Lots of boiled, bland, inoffensive things with gravy.

That was welcome to me as a kid. I can't say I hated anything she made, but I'm not a picky eater. But, nothing stands out as amazing from her. Ironically, my favorite childhood food is the au gratin potatoes my dad used to make when he was divorced and we lived in a shitty little apartment.

She could not make them fast enough. So damn good. It's too bad she has been dead for 20 years now.

Roasted potatoes and beef pot roast

salt crackers with honey...
Damn, I miss my GM.

Shitty salads made of iceberg lettuce and a gallon of ranch dressing, tuna salad with more mayo than tuna, and jello.
I envy those who had grandparents that could cook, my grandmother couldn't fucking cook an edible dish if her senile old fucking life depended on it.

summer squash casserole, it was fucking awesome

The one grandma i knew didnt cook.
Thanks for fucking up my night.

Nothing they were both dead before I was born.

bacon grease in a cup
perfectly cooked eggs
fried apples
always having dank junk food in frige/freezer
seeing the cane she uses to walk now because of deteriorating health

Pumpkin sponge cake from one and paraguayan soup from the other.

Angel food cake and homemade whipped cream with strawberries.

Tomato bisque with homemade bread and churned butter.

Sunday Roasts with all the fixins

Home grown veggies from the garden

Tuna melts

>I miss you grandma

Cornish pasties and trifle.

Polish oma
Sauerkraut with caraway seeds
Cherry pie
Pancakes

New england granny
Bbq baked beans
Apple pie
Rhubarb

Oh yeah and sweet pickles

Scuppernongs
Honey, she made us eat a spoonful when we were sick
Homemade fried chicken, peas and mashed potatoes
Flat cornbread flapjacks, fried in oil in an ancient cast iron skillet
Tea left in the hot summer sun to ferment
Fresh apples from her trees that were torn down by the assholes who bought her house after she died

Plum jam. My grandma has a plum tree and makes the best jam from it.

Broccoli and cheese casserole,
Diet caffeine free coke
Chicken enchiladas (white ppl style, it isn't spicy, but it's still pretty tasty)

Gravy and biscuits
Cornbread and pinto beans

Tongue tacos

was your grandma a banana, user?

My grandma cooked amazing brussels sprouts and asparagus, it always confused me as to why people seemed to hate them so much until I realized I just hit the family cook jackpot. She hasn't cooked in years due to Alzheimers, though.

These cookies.
Cherry Garcia ice cream.
Summer sausage
Coconut macaroons
Necco Wafers
Turtles chocolate candies
Queen Anne cordial cherries
After Eight mints

Pinto beans out of a used butter container
Flour tortillas
Whatever the cheapest meat at the store was, stewed in blended chile and broth

My grandma's pussy tasted like copper and rancid milk so I just wait for the milk to get a bit bad before drinking it.

I miss my grandma

Fluffy as shit Yorkshire pudding with delicious gravy.

She's 93 now and no longer cooks, but she's still got her mind and banters the fuck out of me during cards. I love my grandma.

miss you

>homemade baked bread and red wine

anything drowning in fucking gravy
there's a reason my family's so fucking fat

Apple Pie

No, she's a good lady from Kansas. I have the same situation as this user:
>I hit the family cook jackpot. She hasn't cooked in years due to Alzheimers, though.

Fried free range eggs (my grandparents used to keep chickens). The yolk is more orange than usual and tastes more intense than normal eggs.
Also fish with soy bean paste. Southeast asian grandmothers are really cool. She's bedridden now though.

Homemade shortbread biscuits. Nowhere else did 'em like her

Stupid english is stupid
Why are both grandmas called "grandma"?

It's like that in a lot of languages. It was really weird to find out some use different words, actually. What language do you know where it's like that?

rip

Lots of homemade wine and White rice with shredded beef she called "salpicon". She was from Honduras. I remember eating two plates of that thing every single time she made it. The beef had this really nice lemon taste and it also had chopped onions. I would combine it all with the rice and it was really good. Also some other Honduran stuff that I can't remember the name of, but it was a thick white drink made from corn. I really miss my Gran.

one food that reminds me of my grandma the most would be something like the dutch oliebollen but without raisins, even though I'm actually polish
I don't know why but my grandma would always make those on New Year's Eve
I should ask her where she got that from

Homemade Fensters.
Grammie made the best.

Chocolate gravy and biscuits
Cornbread and pinto beans
Fried minute steaks with gravy and onions
Chocolate pie

GB2Reddit

Little square slices of pizza individually wrapped in plastic wrap.

This thread brought tears to my eyes for various reasons and I'm only drinking coke at the moment but I'll still raise a glass to all the grandmothers, yours and mine, alive or otherwise. Treasure them, anons.

Fuck me, I'm out.

>Diet caffeine free coke
aka brown fizzy water

Blanquette

Ash flavored sauce?

That's funny, your image reminds me of the cheerio sex copypasta

Raisin bannock from my father's side.
Borscht from my mother's side.

Sole (is that the right translation?) filet and chicory.
But, most importantly, speculoos cookies.

With pepperoni in it, a shit ton of grated parm on top and acouple chunks of bread with butter

Minestrone? Sounds really good

Dutch christmas cake and chili.

Mushy peas with mint sauce and crunchy roast potatoes cooked in lard

Toast with lemon jam and a cup of earl grey.

Blueberry muffins and potato corn fritters. All her cooking was made from scratch and she made a cake or a pie for desert every night. They don't make women like that any more. Thanks for making me cry.

Cold sliced garlic sausage, Kaiser rolls, mushroom soup with tonnes of crackers busted up into it, fresh picked small cucumbers, raspberries and peas, and black cherry pop.

I’m impressed by this post user

>filet mignon with bacon and brie in a meat sauce
>Zabaione
>Bistecca alla Fiorentina
>Tortelli Lucchese
That's only one half of the family, though. The other one is basically Northeastern Brazilian food (or cured meats, cornmeal couscous and a mix of rice and beans with meat, a certain cheese and spices; also something called "rolled cake").

Dads mom
>ketchup on mac and cheese
>Buckeyes (chocolate/peanut butter sweets)
>Chicken cordon bleu
Moms mom
>Split pea soup
>Sun-brewed tea
>Crab legs

muscadine?

Scuppernongs are the green variety of muscadines

Why did she microwave her wine?

>Home made whipped cream
as opposed to what exactly?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
You have to be making this up
Please don't tell me Americans eat fake pre made whipped cream

roast beef, yorkshire pudding, gravy, mashed potatoes, peas, and yeast rolls. One of the all-time classic meals.

my grandma would make great spaghetti sauce and grandpa would pour like half a shaker of cayenne pepper on it

2 cast iron pans on the stove. The first had about 1/2 inch cold bacon grease in it. Whatever she cookd, she cooked in there until . . . the grease started to get rancid, at which time the cold grease in the pan became her ashtray. She then took the old "ashtray" (i.e. the second pan), washe'd it, and it became the new cooking pan.

Don't mock our dessert-foam.

Every place on Earth has those.

Was your granny some sort of ogre/troll like creature that lived in a rotting caravan and washed every 3 years ?

Oreos and arrowroot cookies. Also sweet potato.

My grandma calls it 'racuchy' and makes it on new years eve as well. I didn't know it was a thing really

Unseasoned boiled carrots.

She was constantly smoking so kinda

My kraut oma had a weird fascination with Mexican food and would always make it. And reg German shit.

Kielbasa and perogies

Full roasts, carrots and swede, peach squash and KFC (the only fast food she ever ate).

Bologna cake

Make sure you visit them as often as you can