Mfw yuropoor and would like to make thanksgiving dinner just to try out the dishes

>mfw yuropoor and would like to make thanksgiving dinner just to try out the dishes

anyone know this?

Dumb frogposter.

Easy peazy.

Roast Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing (Oyster, Cornbread or a dozen other types)
Green Bean Casserole
Cloverleaf or Crescent Rolls
Pumpkin Pie for dessert

You can Google all these recipes. None of them are difficult.
Eat with friends and family and have lots of leftovers for turkey sandwiches!

It's just roast dinner, it's not a special American thing.

Didnt you frogs celebrate Beaujoulais last week? Make yourself a roast to go with the wine

>it's not a special American thing.

It's all pretty bland DESU.

If you want to do things like a true American, then you need to batter and deep fry the turkey. Best decision I ever made.

Oh, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Batter and deep fry that shit too. Probably not the best decision I ever made, but I’ve done it. Served it to my African American in-laws. Fuck them.

can i do it with chicken?

Just make sure your oil is nice and hot and your turkey if frozen.
And it isn't a true American Thanksgiving until you hang yourself a minority from tree in your local park.

That will anger the pilgrim gods.

Bong here. I made pumpkin pie and pecan pies to see what the hubub was about. SPOILER: pecans are walnuts. Walnut and sugar pie is ok, pumpkin pie was better.

Honestly, it wouldn't be that much different if you can't get a hold of turkey. The flavor is very similar.
Also keep in mind that a lot of people have roast ham for Thanksgiving instead.

>wanting to be amerifat this badly
Yea you can fuck right off across the ocean m8

are you saying Americans make a dish with Walnuts and call it Pecan pie or do you actually think they're the same nut? They're not.

Also it's not so uncommon here, maple and pecan danish pastries are in all shops and I see things like pecan tarts in cafes/restaurants now and then.

We don't eat much pumpkin though for some reason. Unless it's just my circles. Only had pumpkin soup not anything sweet.

>beaujolais
This shit will fry your brains and give you severe headaches. Avoid.

>pecans are walnuts

Brit here, me and my housemates did this yesterday.

Turkey was fucking bland as expect, stuffing was nice, mac and cheese was completely pointless, as were the candied yams (an abomination of a dish if there ever was one). The green bean casserole was the best part about it all. Everything else is standard Sunday roast tier so knew what to expect.

3/10, my ancestors would be ashamed.

>The green bean casserole was the best part about it all
Yeah, that's pretty much Thanksgiving in a nutshell. Though, turkey can be godly if it's cooked properly (e.g. not overcooked).

No, because my friend's mom is american, so I get invited to a thanksgiving dinner every year

he means they taste similar, not that they're literally the same. pecans are a little sweeter. that's it. when you dump in a fuckton of corn syrup it doesn't matter

>Turkey was fucking bland as expect
stop reinforcing the wypipo can't use spice stereotype you fucking faggot

Brits don't need to observe thanksgiving. The whole celebration is about Americans giving thanks to us for discovering them and bringing law and civilisation to save them from the savages.
I shall be having a grouse with a gamey jus, followed by cheeses and quince.

>It's all pretty bland DESU.
I pity your lousy life and experiences then. You are so wrong.

>mac and cheese was completely pointless,
Yea, this dish is not a part of the Thanksgiving experience unless there are some weird poverty background poor people. Pasta duplicates potatoes and americans are pretty much 4 food groups kind of balance at meals. We would never make a chippy sandwich, for instance.

I think the main difference from the "sunday roast" category is the unique combination of ingredients that culminates in the cranberry relish mold, herb stuffing with bits of sausage or mushroom and lots of chunky goodness, wild rice casseroles, sweet topped things like the sweet potatoes with crunchy topping (my family does a carrot souffle instead). Pecans and black walnuts are entirely american. Spicing pumpkin as we do, might be as well.

>Americans giving thanks to us for discovering them
wot

"PilgrimsandPuritanswho began emigrating from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them toNew England. The 1619 arrival of 38 English settlers atBerkeley Hundredin Charles City County, Virginia, concluded with a religious celebration as dictated by the group's charter from theLondon Company, which specifically required "that the day of our ships arrival at the place assigned ... in the land of Virginia shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving tothe English people."

French people don't celebrate this, it's a marketing fake holiday invented to make foreigners (especially Japan) buy one of the crappiest, cheapest whine around as a luxury event item with collector bottles.

>us spice brah
spice don't make the meat taste good, it just replace the taste with spice taste. you are just hiding te problem.

The most important parts of a Thanksgiving dinner that make it unique compared to a simple roast dinner
>creamed vegetables
>cranberry sauce
>stuffing
>yams or sweet potatoes
>pumpkin pie

Turkey doesn't have to be bland and dry. Technique really matters, and by that I mean don't overcook it.

Chicken is fine. I even prefer ham over a turkey. Oven roasted turkey is usually kind of dry and it has to be covered with gravy.

Post-thanksgiving turkey sandwiches are pretty good though.

Damn, you got me there. I heard about it through a japanese twitter who posts a series of homemade food pics with his plush. Didnt know it was a marketing strategy

Any good harvest festivals in france though?

You don't fucking batter a deep fried turkey

>Europeans just keep proving how fucking ignorant they are

I just can't imagine a scenario where a turkey dinner would beat a duck dinner

O B S E S S E D

>Thanksgiving is the greatest feasting day on the calendar. It includes everybody in America–even those who don’t want to be included. For most people the menu is traditional and homestyle, using ingredients that are neither expensive nor unusual. Still, we all expect Thanksgiving to be a grand feast. The everyday is not good enough.

No we hang minorities on Independence Day, on Thanksgiving we try and hunt down the last indian in town.

These are your options: Don't make a turkey (make ham instead), add spuce until it actually tastes like something, use too little spice so it still tastes bland.
All I'm saying is don't do the third one.
So much stuff "tastes like chicken" because chicken is bland as fuck, and turkey falls to this too.

OBESED

Shit nigga what are you doing. You think no one in Europe ever roasted a whole bird with sides?

>we hang minorities
You hang White people?

This, and make sure to eat with a bunch of distant relatives and family friends who you'd really rather not talk to, and also be sure to evade any questions about what you're doing with your life. It's the Thanksgiving experience!

The stores here have taking to having Black Friday sales so I guess it won't be long before we're all-out celebrating Thanksgiving too.
I was angry enough about Halloween.

>A typical American citizen

Turkey is an overrated meme.
Stuffing is okay
Cranberry sauce is good
Ham is good
Mashed Potatoes are good
Everything not mentioned is utter shit

>thx. American

Halloween at least works because all it really is is just an excuse to wear costumes and go out to parties, but Thanksgiving doesn't really make any sense to me outside of America.

Green bean casserole is GOAT, you fucking pleb.

This. My dad always cooks the turkey and it has never been try or tasteless. Last year he made smoked turkey, and this year he injected garlic butter into the turkey and basted it with garlic butter, so the meat has this light garlic flavor along with the turkey flavor

>implying I would want to eat like an am*rican
No thanks mon poussin

"thanksgiving dinner" is something the british have every sunday, can also be for lunch.

Thing is, why would anyone want to go to the UK.

It doesn't make sense if you use it with the original context of pilgrims and natives. Just take Thanksgiving at face value, a day where you and your family and friends (or whichever combo of them you want) get together and enjoy a feast. You can give thanks to anything, regardless of culture.

Green bean casserole is utter shit. That is why I didn't mention it.

homo detected