Well?

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

ewg.org/foodnews/dirty_dozen_list.php
youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who gives a shit.

Illusion of choice. Gmo is in everything now.

literally this

if i come in your house and see any fruit, and you tell me you're anti-gmo, i'm going to do you the favour of putting literally all of your fruit in the garbage, at least the bananas and apples

I don't like the politics surrounding GMOs but the technology itself has been shown to be safe. I'm not sure we're using it ethically though

Yes.

Forbidden in my country

What are you? A mouth-breathing rural science denyer?

I don't think its a bad idea inherently. I just don't trust Monsanto and the like to be doing their due diligence.

Genetically modified food is a marvel of modern science. Hippies can fuck off.

I like GMOs, but companies like Monsanto gives it a bad name. I want it. But some NGOs in my country makes it impossible, so they're forbidden unless they get plastered with stickers saying it's GMO

Yes

Okay on it's own, but the excessive pesticide usage that goes with it I'm not okay with.
ewg.org/foodnews/dirty_dozen_list.php
I also wish they use this tech for better tasting produce instead of just higher yield.

Excessive pesticide usage? Most modern GMO crops have natural pesticides within them. They are completely harmless to humans and kill off the insects within a couple bites.

That shit is garbage. Do you think any of the elites eat that crap? Organic or go fuck yourself

This. GMO's in their current incarnation are just an excuse to saturate the crops with ever more virulent herbicides. As soon as the weeds started developing resistance to roundup, which has been declared a carcinogen by every 1st world country except you know who, they brought in dicambra an even more virulent and dangerous herbicide.

It's one more aspect of your friendly bought and paid for whore congress giving license to big agri/chemical to feed you dangerous pig slop. Ironically their multimillion dollar effort to fight lsbelling products as GMO has backfired and those labeled non GMO are btfo.

tl;dr only dirt poor third worlders and the uninformed lower classes in the US are eating that poison. Read your labels.

Organic food is garbage . It's so bad that insects avoid it and usually laden with feces. The only people who eat it are virtue signallers who have no virtue

wow a decent Veeky Forums thread?

It is illegal in my state.

I don't believe in the healing powers of crystals, so I eat GMOs.

Leftists
>If you don't accept the trillions of different genders people come up with, you're anti-science!
Also Leftists:
>GMOs are incredibly unsafe and we should label food made with them because people should avoid them! I don't care how unscientific this position is, btw.

It's not a simple yes/no question. Anyone who thinks GMOs are all good or bad don't understand them.

Are you projecting?

This. The science behind it is not the problem. It's the corporations like Montanto putting fucking copyrights on seeds.

>Hey user, Checkout this fruit I grew last year
>REEE ANTI GMO FAGGOT FUCK YOU BIN THAT FRUIT
>t...thanks....'why do I invite him over'

Its a simple yes that GMOs are not inherently bad
Sure it is technically possible to intentionally make a bad GMO, but thats kind of beside the point and we already have the regulatory framework to stop such a thing from reaching market (and far beyond that)

There is no scientific or logical reason to suggest people avoid GMOs or to believe that they are bad for human health, or that they are bad because they are unnatural (which is straight up superstition bullshit)

Has been shown to be safe lmao. Why are you dumbfucks so easily fooled?

>It's the corporations like Montanto putting fucking copyrights on seeds.
Why is this bad?
How is this any different than putting a copyright on software or a movie, or a drug, or a mechanical device?

This. GMO crops have been shown to be no more harmful to humans than their non-GMO counterparts. Yes, they are "mutant" in the sense that they have an alteration or addition of a few genes for stress tolerance, yield improvement, etc., but it's not as if the plant is subsequently producing some supplementary toxin because of this.

However, the sketchy bit really does involve big agriculture firms patenting genes and whatnot in a way that resembles the pharmaceutical industry far too closely.

youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU

The only people.that call other people 'science deniers' are retarded indoctrinated faggots. Kys retard.

kys monsanto shill. How much do you get paid to post here?

Quit lying, monsanto shill

lol yeah bro, Vaccines and GMOs are bad, Global Warming is fake, Bush did 911, MSG gives you headaches
Who cares what the scientific data and evidence suggest? Science nerds don't know shit! People who write natural food blogs know way more!

literally the only thing that anti-science hipsters can say is "no you are monsanto shill" like this is an actual argument

>implying my entire circle of friends aren't organic growers
i'm not autistic like some people

Quit trying to make this into a left/right issue you worthless monsanto shill. How much do you get paid for selling out your fellow humans?

Jump off a building or a bridge you piece of shit. I know you're a monsanto shill. You can lie all you want but there are tons of studies out there showing the harmful effects of gmos. Must feel good getting paid to fuck your fellow humans up health wise huh you sociopathic trash.

the anti-science people when it comes to food and medicine are overwhelming on the left, while the anti-science people when it comes research and energy are generally on the right (though the left has a pretty strong irrational hate of nuclear energy)
Only the libertarians really support logic and science across the board, though they generally don't want the government to waste money on acting on problems even when they believe in them

Nah. Anyone can take their time to look up the harmful effects of gmos themselves. I suggest using duckduckgo. You keep lying and shilling though, you worthless faggot.

Yeah, I am sure Bayer pays some random guy to post science on one of the smaller sub board on a Mongolian basket weaving website. That totally makes sense and doesn't make you sound at all like a conspiracy theorist

No just the same shiposting. This has happened before and will happen again.

>Anyone can take their time to look up the harmful effects of gmos themselves
like cheaper, high quality food, and smaller farms being able to make more food on less land with less irrigation and the associated environmental problems?

I did and found that GMOs are not harmful except to the feelings of sjw's

The only people that use the term 'anti science' are indoctrinated retards or shills. Left/ right/ libertarian it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that gmos are harmful and there's a shit load of evidence of that. Everyone should look it up themselves. Use duckduckgo.

le Japanese anime board meme, hilarious. monsanto has been caught paying people to fake studies and promote their gmos repeatedly. Veeky Forums is one the most high traffic sites on the internet, of course you guys will shill here. So again, kys you worthless monsanto dick sucking faggot.

On the contrary, it is the people who are literally anti-science that are the ""indoctrinated retards or shills" not the people supporting factual evidence and science.
This idea that its the scientists and not the internet mommy bloggers that hold the real knowledge is just fucking insane

This. It isn't some secret club, and hasn't been for over a decade. There ARE shills here.

>monsanto has been caught paying people to fake studies and promote their gmos repeatedly
When has this ever happened?
>Veeky Forums is one the most high traffic sites on the internet, of course you guys will shill here
fucking Veeky Forums isn't high traffic

Just look it up on duckduckgo

Do you honestly believe that Bayer pays people to post on a small board on Veeky Forums
Rather than just some people with a basic science education calling you out when you say blatantly false things

>damage control

high quality lmao. Cancer and disease promoting you mean. Smaller farms lmao. Less irrigation, less environmental problems lmao. Lie after lie. Do they provide you faggots with scripts? Keep on shilling for monsanto you worthless loser.

How does that term in any way apply to my comment?

>Do they provide you faggots with scripts
If you consider the truth a script. Its no coincidence that pro-science individuals usually say similar arguments, its because that shit is objectively true and doesn't have to be manufactured

There are many scientists out there exposing gmos as harmful. You keep on shilling though.

How do GMOs promote cancer, and which diseases do they cause?

No one is shilling for Monsanto they are mocking your stupidity and sheeplike behavior

>There are many scientists out there exposing gmos as harmful
There are very many who have investigated it, literally none of them found GMOs to be actually harmful despite looking pretty damn hard for it. On that matter there isn't even a scientifically plausible mechanism for how GMOs could magically be bad for your health. Thats just not how the science of genetic modification works

>scientists, doctors, and publishers cannot be bribed to spread falsehoods
>no scientist, doctor, or publisher has ever exposed the ruse stating contrary information

>Selling nonGMO crops
>everything is fine
>corporate comes to the door, wants to test my crops
>tell him "go on lad"
>they find trace of GMOs
>gets sued
>loose farm
>Never used GMO seeds my whole life
>Got fucked by flying seeds

Lmao look at this shill desperately trying to regain control. You don't even know what the word 'science' means, quit using it. You must be one hell of a fucking loser to accept a job shilling foods that fuck other people up healthwise. I mean damn son. I'm sure your family's proud of you.

You just explained why scientists promote global warming.

The entirety of scientists, doctors and publishers cannot be paid to hide such a truth. Thats an insane conspiracy theory

With such an absurd belief how do you ever know what is true, and why would you specifically decide to side with liberal arts major mommy bloggers over actual scientists and pretty much any scientifically literate person? How did you pick this one specific subject to decide that all scientists are lying to you?

this has literally never happened

You are not a farmer you are a little kid who has been lied to and want to feel you are saving the world. Start by cleaning your room and maybe mom will make you tendies

>Implying pesticide resistance encompasses everything in the scope of GMO

Gene manipulations that improve the nutrient quality of staple crops are and will continue to be critical in helping support the growing global population.

I'm not saying that weed resistance & herbicide/pesticide concerns aren't genuine - they are - but too many people only associate GMO crops with all that, while the obviously beneficial side of GMO is overlooked.

Lol pro science. You're a lying worthless shill, faggot. Quit pretending to be pro science when you're anything but that. The pro science approach would be to research things for yourself. You would hate that wouldn't you? Well too bad shill boy, people are going to look shit up anyway now.

I have literally genetically modified organisms myself

Keep lying. Keep using the word 'science' to try to sway opinion. Keep it up shill.

Are you ever going to say anything besides "no, you are wrong"?

It isn't that hard to get people to sign non-disclosures and control people through corporate policy. You'd be surprised as fuck by how corporate and political the science community is.

I genuinely don't believe in global warming to the extent everyone likes to claim. It is real, but it would have happened regardless of human interference. The presence of pollution, deforestation, and poor environmental policies definitely contribute, but it only expedites a natural trend. Attributing global warming to humans is more or less a corporate scare tactic to get clean energy and development in motion. It's more profitable than just sticking to current shit.

Ah yes the cross breeding is the same as the shit monsanto does tactic. Fuck off you dumbfuck. Neck yourself for being stupid enough to even bring that up.

Of course it has, anyone can look it up. Keep shilling losers.

>It isn't that hard to get people to sign non-disclosures and control people through corporate policy. You'd be surprised as fuck by how corporate and political the science community is.
It would be impossibly hard to get every educated person ever to sign on to your conspiracy with no dissent at all. Monsanto isn't even that big of a company

No, not just crossbreeding. I have personally created transgenic organisms in the lab

This. And thousands of farmers in India committing suicide after being bankrupted and tricked by the gmo cunts.

You think Monsanto is the only company with stakes in GMOs? Regardless, not every educated person is given clout. Unless they are present in certain circles, companies, or have studies, books, or publications to their name, no one is going to take them at their word. They would just be some upstart conspiracy freak trying to speak out against the more respected and influential scientists. Anything they try to prove can just be "disproven" by paid shills in the science community.

I already said people should look things up themselves. That's enough to counter worthless shills.

this is a myth. GMOs significantly helped the plight of Indian cotton farmers to the extent that the committed suicide less often than their non-GMO buying neighbors

Citation needed, graph maker. Colour me incredibly surprised that you had that ready.

>You think Monsanto is the only company with stakes in GMOs?
No, but keep in mind that big business is just as much behind "natural" foods. Whole Foods itself is larger than Monsanto
>not every educated person is given clout.
Yet everyone with or without clout agrees GMOs are not harmful to humans

You might be able to fake a couple small scale studies on a topic no one gives a shit about, but its absurdly impossible to try and fake something as massive and well researched as GMO stuff

You don't need to get every educated person to sign whatever, you dumbfuck. A few shills are enough to promote whatever lies you want to promote. Unfortunately for you faggots we have the internet these days. Shills and corporations no longer have a monopoly on information.

Just google it man. You are the one asserting that GMOs are causing Indians to kill themselves despite an utter lack of evidence

>A few shills are enough to promote whatever lies you want to promote
No, no they are not, that is not how scientific research works

So you admit gmo corporations pay you money. Well ok then.

>that is not how scientific research works
That is exactly how scientific research works when it is being funded by certain companies, or results are being skewed in favour of whatever lie they are trying to tell.

Nah, I did it for a public university, it really isn't even that hard

So how did you decide this is the specific topic that some mid sized company decided to hijack and make all the science fake? Or is this true of every single thing. Are you a flat earther too?

Hilarious. Keep lying though. Notice how the first few search results are damage control and denial articles paid for by monsanto. Nice one shills. Way too obvious though.

Lol shill boy has the graph ready in minutes to counter any Indian farmer suicide reports. Yeah man I should totally believe you. How does it feel gettong paid to fuck up your fellow humans?

Because GMOs are ultimately cheaper in the long run, and it is way more profitable if GMOs remain an acceptable method of cultivation. Any research and development costs are offset completely by profits. This trend is very true of other things as well.

Since you brought it up, the flat earther thing is incredibly profitable too in its own way. Idiots pay to find out if the Earth is flat or not because muh fisheye lens and seeing is believing.

I actually found it here on a previous thread of this topic months ago

First off:
>Everything is GMO!
This is deceptive bullshit. GMO is distinct from selective breeding in that it directly inserts foreign generic material into a germline. Saying that bananas are a form of genetic modification just because they were selectively bred is out right ignorance. Monsanto says shit like that to decieve christcucks into thinking that GMOs are less novel than they really are.

Second of all:
>But it's got chemicals!
Who fucking care, shit like glyphosate has been thoroughly tested. That shit breaks down into naturally found components, and it's not like that shit is soaked without serious regulations.

Either way, benefits vastly outweigh the negatives

Its even more profitable to convince people that shitty "natural" "organic" food is worth twice what normal food it

Only really respectable post. I'd say the benefits are more or less equal to the negatives though.

And did you know that if you play both fields, your profits can more than double? Business 101.

Not real scientific research but it's definitely how paid scientific research works. Both types exist. We're talking about science shilling here you worthless faggot fuck.

Oh so your future job prospects rely on gmos being shown to be not harmful. K then.

>GMO is distinct from selective breeding in that it directly inserts foreign generic material into a germline
Why is this bad? Or worthy of even making a distinction? The real difference here is that it is more precise and safer than more outdated ways of bringing about genetic variation and changes

Sure this is not the exact same as other methods humans have invented to modify crops, but it is just a slight variation and there is absolutely no reason to believe it is scarier or somehow magically worse for your health. In fact "organic" approved mutagenic techniques should be much scarier as you are just inducing a whole bunch of random changes quickly and hoping the end result is something useful